Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
LadyProspero
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:04 am

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby LadyProspero » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:31 am

LawQueen wrote:I'm on the waitlist and dying to go :(
Ditto.

Nlawsing
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:53 am

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Nlawsing » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:14 am

DAFFODILS2019 wrote:
ohthatjenn wrote:
Nlawsing wrote:In today via phone call !!! Yay :)


Congrats!!!! Mind asking your stats and when you went complete/UR2?


Also when did you have your interview? Much appreciated!


Hey! Pm me for stats my date changed twice after my interview last one was 3/7 . I had my interview on 2/15

DAFFODILS2019
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby DAFFODILS2019 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:56 am

Does anyone know how many more applicants will the school accept at this stage? Much appreciated!

User avatar
berek
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:10 pm

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby berek » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:20 pm

^^It's a dubious marker for a lot of reasons, but the admitted student Facebook group is at 175

User avatar
MrR10
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby MrR10 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Just got accepted yesterday. Went complete around 12/14 and interviewed mid-February.

lawyersHATEhim
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:52 pm

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby lawyersHATEhim » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:07 pm

So if we haven't had an interview do we expect WL at this point?

16to19
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby 16to19 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:01 am

.
Last edited by 16to19 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

ohthatjenn
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:54 pm

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby ohthatjenn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:47 pm

Went to UR2 on 3/15 without interview request. I hope this doesn't mean a ding/WL :(

lurker816
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby lurker816 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:30 am

Has anyone who interviewed with Dean Ingram in March heard anything?

Nlawsing
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:53 am

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Nlawsing » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:19 pm

I probably haven't searched through this thread hard enough but does anyone know what day Accepted students day/ week is? I didn't see a Date in my letter

launu
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:06 am

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby launu » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:08 am

Can anyone give me some advice on my situation?
I received a ding mail yesterday, but I am confused because after my interview, my status checker never changed to "under review" from "interview requested". My status had stayed as "interview requested" since 2/18 and suddenly they surprised me with a ding... :( Do you think there might be a chance that the admissions committee had not received my interview? Would I be considered crazy if I send them a polite letter asking about my situation to see if they actually saw my interview? I know I am acting a bit paranoid but my lsat is on Cornell's 75th percentile (no GPA, international) and I really thought I would at least get a WL, especially after getting the interview request (my interview were not great, but I answered all questions very smoothly). So devastated... I was so ready to love Cornell :(

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 4605
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby proteinshake » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:25 am

launu wrote:Can anyone give me some advice on my situation?
I received a ding mail yesterday, but I am confused because after my interview, my status checker never changed to "under review" from "interview requested". My status had stayed as "interview requested" since 2/18 and suddenly they surprised me with a ding... :( Do you think there might be a chance that the admissions committee had not received my interview? Would I be considered crazy if I send them a polite letter asking about my situation to see if they actually saw my interview? I know I am acting a bit paranoid but my lsat is on Cornell's 75th percentile (no GPA, international) and I really thought I would at least get a WL, especially after getting the interview request (my interview were not great, but I answered all questions very smoothly). So devastated... I was so ready to love Cornell :(

schools have made mistakes before, so I would contact them if I were you, especially since you'd like to go there!

User avatar
DeathByLSATWasTaken
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 10:54 pm

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby DeathByLSATWasTaken » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:24 am

proteinshake wrote:
launu wrote:Can anyone give me some advice on my situation?
I received a ding mail yesterday, but I am confused because after my interview, my status checker never changed to "under review" from "interview requested". My status had stayed as "interview requested" since 2/18 and suddenly they surprised me with a ding... :( Do you think there might be a chance that the admissions committee had not received my interview? Would I be considered crazy if I send them a polite letter asking about my situation to see if they actually saw my interview? I know I am acting a bit paranoid but my lsat is on Cornell's 75th percentile (no GPA, international) and I really thought I would at least get a WL, especially after getting the interview request (my interview were not great, but I answered all questions very smoothly). So devastated... I was so ready to love Cornell :(

schools have made mistakes before, so I would contact them if I were you, especially since you'd like to go there!


I second this. You literally have nothing to lose at this point.

DeanStrangJr
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:13 am

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby DeanStrangJr » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:57 am

In after 3 Ready for Reviews post interview. (3/8, 3/14, 3/22, I think). Relieving!

DAFFODILS2019
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby DAFFODILS2019 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:00 pm

DeanStrangJr wrote:In after 3 Ready for Reviews post interview. (3/8, 3/14, 3/22, I think). Relieving!


When did you have your interview? Could you share your stats with me? Much appreciated!

DeanStrangJr
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:13 am

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby DeanStrangJr » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:16 pm

DAFFODILS2019 wrote:
DeanStrangJr wrote:In after 3 Ready for Reviews post interview. (3/8, 3/14, 3/22, I think). Relieving!


When did you have your interview? Could you share your stats with me? Much appreciated!


Interview submitted 2/19. I'll PM stats.

LawQueen
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:30 pm

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby LawQueen » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:32 pm

Dante181 wrote:Accepted today! Got the call at 12:50. It was a bit of a surprise, since I received an email on 2/11 that I had been put on reserve. Since my LSAT is very substantially above Cornell's 75th with a GPA between 25th and 50th, maybe the idea here was to wait a bit to see if I would withdraw my application for YP purposes? Whatever the case, very happy! This is the first school I've been accepted to, so great news for reducing the stress of waiting to hear back from elsewhere.



Did you have an interview before being put on reserve?

Dante181
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Dante181 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:42 pm

deleted
Last edited by Dante181 on Mon May 08, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 4605
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby proteinshake » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:33 am

omg I interviewed 3 weeks ago and am getting super impatient

DAFFODILS2019
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby DAFFODILS2019 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:45 am

proteinshake wrote:omg I interviewed 3 weeks ago and am getting super impatient


+1 Please Cornell!

User avatar
lemonparty
Posts: 1455
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby lemonparty » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:09 pm

Just withdrew, hope it frees up a spot for one of you deserving waiters! Best of luck!

User avatar
miku015
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:03 am

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby miku015 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:35 pm

Finally got an interview request after submitting in early January and the 2/10 UR date change...I sure hope it doesn't take them another month to decide after the interview :(

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 4605
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby proteinshake » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:24 pm

Is admissions closed for Good Friday tomorrow?

User avatar
Ranlif
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Ranlif » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Just go put on reserve. Interviewed two weeks back.

User avatar
DeathByLSATWasTaken
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 10:54 pm

Re: Cornell Law School c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby DeathByLSATWasTaken » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:18 am

Just got put on the reserve list.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BronxToBoston, FN-2187, nixbaby, phillyboy23, profdogwalker, pwil4142, QUIZ, Smicikl2, steadfastness11, tmcauliffe96, Yahoo [Bot] and 17 guests