Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Which Supreme Court Justice do you admire the most?

Ruth Bader Ginsburg
114
49%
Sonia Sotomayor
21
9%
Elena Kagan
9
4%
Stephen Breyer
14
6%
Anthony Kennedy
11
5%
John Roberts
21
9%
Samuel Alito
5
2%
Clarence Thomas
38
16%
 
Total votes: 233

User avatar
Dcc617
Posts: 2221
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Dcc617 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:03 pm

Do you get an acknowledgment for submitting the wait list form via email, or will Yale just continue to ignore me?

spammingrobot
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:32 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby spammingrobot » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:45 pm

Dcc617 wrote:Do you get an acknowledgment for submitting the wait list form via email, or will Yale just continue to ignore me?


If previous waitlist threads are any indication, Yale sends out acknowledgements in large batches, rather than individually.

User avatar
theconsigliere
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby theconsigliere » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:47 pm

Dcc617 wrote:Do you get an acknowledgment for submitting the wait list form via email, or will Yale just continue to ignore me?


I did not get one (yet)

SuperAverageJoe
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby SuperAverageJoe » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:33 am

.
Last edited by SuperAverageJoe on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
theconsigliere
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby theconsigliere » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:56 am

SuperAverageJoe wrote:When is the deposit deadline for Yale?


May 2

Source:
lmgtfy.com

grgregregre
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby grgregregre » Sun May 01, 2016 1:37 pm

So if I stay on the Yale waitlist and by some miracle they accept me do I still have the ability to say nah I'm gonna stay at Harvard? I'm still very undecided about which I prefer.

User avatar
theconsigliere
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby theconsigliere » Sun May 01, 2016 2:31 pm

grgregregre wrote:So if I stay on the Yale waitlist and by some miracle they accept me do I still have the ability to say nah I'm gonna stay at Harvard? I'm still very undecided about which I prefer.


Sure you do, they can't *force* you to go to Yale. But if you're going to turn them down anyway, the respectable thing to do would be to withdraw. It doesn't sound like you've made that decision yet, but it would be a pretty dbag move to stay on the WL if you know you'll decline the offer, i.e. to stay on just so you can "find out" if youd get in, but with no intention of going. Again, this doesn't sound like it's your M.O., I'm just saying

grgregregre
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby grgregregre » Sun May 01, 2016 2:38 pm

theconsigliere wrote:
grgregregre wrote:So if I stay on the Yale waitlist and by some miracle they accept me do I still have the ability to say nah I'm gonna stay at Harvard? I'm still very undecided about which I prefer.


Sure you do, they can't *force* you to go to Yale. But if you're going to turn them down anyway, the respectable thing to do would be to withdraw. It doesn't sound like you've made that decision yet, but it would be a pretty dbag move to stay on the WL if you know you'll decline the offer, i.e. to stay on just so you can "find out" if youd get in, but with no intention of going. Again, this doesn't sound like it's your M.O., I'm just saying


Thanks. I'm more worried that it will be some violation that would mess up my enrollment at HLS if I choose to stay there.

User avatar
4thand9
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:11 am

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby 4thand9 » Sun May 01, 2016 4:21 pm

Wait listed last Saturday, but not going to stay on it -- with one fewer waiter good luck to you WL'ers out there!!!

Dishydiana
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Dishydiana » Tue May 03, 2016 10:31 am

spammingrobot wrote:
If previous waitlist threads are any indication, Yale sends out acknowledgements in large batches, rather than individually.


Looking at waitlist threads from past years was good for managing expectations haha

SuperAverageJoe
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby SuperAverageJoe » Wed May 04, 2016 11:52 am

.
Last edited by SuperAverageJoe on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alpha kenny body
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby alpha kenny body » Wed May 04, 2016 1:19 pm

missed phone call from new haven number. this could be the day that I have finally met my family's expectations! :twisted:

User avatar
theconsigliere
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby theconsigliere » Wed May 04, 2016 1:26 pm

fips tedora wrote:missed phone call from new haven number. this could be the day that I have finally met my family's expectations! :twisted:


others who missed the call got a voicemail. Did you? regardless you HAVE to call back

spammingrobot
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:32 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby spammingrobot » Wed May 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Has anyone received a WL confirmation?

SuperAverageJoe
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby SuperAverageJoe » Wed May 04, 2016 3:39 pm

.
Last edited by SuperAverageJoe on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mdnyc
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby mdnyc » Wed May 04, 2016 4:09 pm

SuperAverageJoe wrote:
spammingrobot wrote:Has anyone received a WL confirmation?


I haven't.


It looks like it took them about two weeks last year. So, maybe we can expect to get a confirmation later next week?

SuperAverageJoe
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby SuperAverageJoe » Mon May 09, 2016 5:02 pm

.
Last edited by SuperAverageJoe on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mdnyc
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby mdnyc » Mon May 09, 2016 5:10 pm

SuperAverageJoe wrote:Anyone have a guess as to when deposit deadline driven WL action could occur? This week (if at all)?


I did some research on years past, and it looks like there was sometimes movement around May 15. That's when schools run their multiple deposit checks, from what I understand.

ex_machina
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 8:51 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby ex_machina » Tue May 10, 2016 12:53 am

Still no WL confirmation, anyone?

SuperAverageJoe
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby SuperAverageJoe » Tue May 10, 2016 9:34 am

.
Last edited by SuperAverageJoe on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SuperAverageJoe
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby SuperAverageJoe » Tue May 10, 2016 9:35 am

.
Last edited by SuperAverageJoe on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spammingrobot
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:32 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby spammingrobot » Fri May 13, 2016 1:55 pm

Still haven't received a WL confirmation... I may break down and call on Monday, just to be sure.

williamtell
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby williamtell » Fri May 13, 2016 2:05 pm

Nobody has gotten a confirmation. What's the point in calling. If you read Asha's post she clearly states that they don't send out confirmations. I think calling can only hurt not help.

User avatar
Dcc617
Posts: 2221
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Dcc617 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:09 pm

williamtell wrote:Nobody has gotten a confirmation. What's the point in calling. If you read Asha's post she clearly states that they don't send out confirmations. I think calling can only hurt not help.


Nice try williamtell. You're just trying to get the competition to eliminate itself. Unless you knew that I would think that and so actually don't want me to call. Unless of course you knew that I would know that I would know that you would want me to think that, in which case...

williamtell
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby williamtell » Fri May 13, 2016 2:23 pm

I already called and was told it showed great initiative...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”