c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How was your cycle?

Outperformed my expectations
37%
Performed at expectations
31%
Underperformed my expectations
17%
I don't want to talk about it
15%

Total votes: 143

alpha kenny body

Gold

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Post by alpha kenny body » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:47 pm

Li'l Sebastian wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:
They told us the LSAT would suck, and that 1L will suck... No one talks about how much the wait sucks.

I can't imagine being a repeat applicant like some of you. The stress/anxiety/boredom from one cycle is more than enough.
Im using the Feb LSAT as a distraction from the waiting actually!
I've been keeping myself busy with traveling, working out, books, and internet browsing. I've also started book and vinyl collecting.

James.K.Polk

Silver

Post by James.K.Polk » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:48 pm

fips tedora wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:
They told us the LSAT would suck, and that 1L will suck... No one talks about how much the wait sucks.

I can't imagine being a repeat applicant like some of you. The stress/anxiety/boredom from one cycle is more than enough.
I've been keeping myself busy with traveling, working out, books, and internet browsing. I've also started book and vinyl collecting.
All good things. I've been reading tons (anyone want to be Goodreads friends?) but my running has been slacking and work has been slowwww.

jtg21

Bronze

Post by jtg21 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:49 pm

fips tedora wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:

I've been staying busy with work...which surprisingly becomes more productive once I've given up hope for the day around 3:00 p.m. PST.

schocolate

Silver

Post by schocolate » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:50 pm

James.K.Polk wrote:
All good things. I've been reading tons (anyone want to be Goodreads friends?) but my running has been slacking and work has been slowwww.
Would legitimately take you up on the Goodreads offer. I'm trying to use the site more.

CJRpnw

Bronze

Post by CJRpnw » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Li'l Sebastian wrote:
jtg21 wrote:Well, regardless of where everyone ends up, I think there should be a TLS musical theater club that meets in NYC monthly for shows.
Amen
Oh man, can I fly up from wherever I inevitably land in the Midwest? Dying to see Hamilton.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

slippin_jimmy

Gold

Post by slippin_jimmy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:13 pm

CJRpnw wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
jtg21 wrote:Well, regardless of where everyone ends up, I think there should be a TLS musical theater club that meets in NYC monthly for shows.
Amen
Oh man, can I fly up from wherever I inevitably land in the Midwest? Dying to see Hamilton.
Hamilton opens in Chicago in September or October.

Bearlyalive

Silver

Post by Bearlyalive » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:14 pm

CJRpnw wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
Amen
2/3 chance I'll end up in the Northeast, so count me in (probably!) for the club! I really want to see Hamilton too :D

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:14 pm

CJRpnw wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
Amen
Book of Mormon is number one on my to see list right now!

CJRpnw

Bronze

Post by CJRpnw » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:14 pm

fips tedora wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:

You must not have to move far. I've started looking at all my belongings with a degree of loathing. "I have to move all these books, AND find a cat-friendly apartment share?!"

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CJRpnw

Bronze

Post by CJRpnw » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:16 pm

slippin_jimmy wrote:
CJRpnw wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
Amen
Hamilton opens in Chicago in September or October.
Oh, my heart. Really?! Time for another Portillo's and Theatre Weekend.

CJRpnw

Bronze

Post by CJRpnw » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:16 pm

Li'l Sebastian wrote:
CJRpnw wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
Amen
It's touring right now! I just caught it in the PNW.

lemonparty

Silver

Post by lemonparty » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:17 pm

Li'l Sebastian wrote:
CJRpnw wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
Amen
Saw it with the original cast, it's my fav show you gotta see it! Also hopping on the train of dying to see Hamilton... I live in NY and hit up the 10$ lottery every couple of weeks, tickets are soooooo expensive otherwise

Bearlyalive

Silver

Post by Bearlyalive » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:18 pm

CJRpnw wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:

You must not have to move far. I've started looking at all my belongings with a degree of loathing. "I have to move all these books, AND find a cat-friendly apartment share?!"
I just got into building a music/entertainment system, which I've slowly been building. Also building a decent vinyl collection. 90% chance I will have to leave it all behind when I move. I'm just trying not to think about that yet.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:19 pm

CJRpnw wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:

It's not very expensive to rent a small u-haul that will tow my car. I will take nothing more than my clothes, books, vinyls, cookware, athletic equipment, and two musical instruments. Not very much, tbh.

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:19 pm

lemondrop wrote:
Saw it with the original cast, it's my fav show you gotta see it! Also hopping on the train of dying to see Hamilton... I live in NY and hit up the 10$ lottery every couple of weeks, tickets are soooooo expensive otherwise
How much are we talking?

lemonparty

Silver

Post by lemonparty » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:22 pm

Li'l Sebastian wrote:
lemondrop wrote:
How much are we talking?
well everything is sold out through their official site if that makes sense, but the resale tickets go for upwards of $400 for one in the very back

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:24 pm

lemondrop wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
lemondrop wrote:
How much are we talking?
well everything is sold out through their official site if that makes sense, but the resale tickets go for upwards of $400 for one in the very back
That's rent for a month @.@

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

schocolate

Silver

Post by schocolate » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:27 pm

Re: musical theater, I saw Matilda recently and it was amazing. I love Tim Minchin.

slippin_jimmy

Gold

Post by slippin_jimmy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:28 pm

Li'l Sebastian wrote:
lemondrop wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
lemondrop wrote:
How much are we talking?
Never move from where you are, sweet summer child.

schocolate

Silver

Post by schocolate » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:31 pm

slippin_jimmy wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
+1000

Bearlyalive

Silver

Post by Bearlyalive » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:37 pm

schocolate wrote:
slippin_jimmy wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
+1000
+180, UG I was doing $650/month (before utilities) to share a small 2 bedroom apartment with three other people. And I'm fairly certain I got lucky getting that price.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CJRpnw

Bronze

Post by CJRpnw » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:51 pm

Toodle-loo wrote:My heart pulls me to Michigan, but my wallet pulls me strongly away.

I'll probably end up taking a near-full scholarship at William&Mary, Fordham, or UNC Chapel Hill. :roll:

Which I know is not a bad outcome at all, it's just a little less exciting.
I feel you on this. I have incredible offers waiting at four different T20-T50 schools, yet all my heart wants is Michigan and its stupid beautiful law school.

James.K.Polk

Silver

Post by James.K.Polk » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:58 pm

CJRpnw wrote:
Toodle-loo wrote:My heart pulls me to Michigan, but my wallet pulls me strongly away.

I'll probably end up taking a near-full scholarship at William&Mary, Fordham, or UNC Chapel Hill. :roll:

Which I know is not a bad outcome at all, it's just a little less exciting.
I feel you on this. I have incredible offers waiting at four different T20-T50 schools, yet all my heart wants is Michigan and its stupid beautiful law school.
Grass is always greener, my friends. I have a generous offer at Mich, more than I expected or deserved, but my heart wants Penn...

EnderWiggin

Silver

Post by EnderWiggin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:58 pm

Li'l Sebastian wrote:
Hollaaa bout the rude adjustment that lawl school COL will be. Pretty much every city I'm likely to end up in is going to be hella more expensive than where I am now :(

jtg21

Bronze

Post by jtg21 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:14 pm

Bearlyalive wrote:
schocolate wrote:
slippin_jimmy wrote:
Li'l Sebastian wrote:
+1000
+180, UG I was doing $650/month (before utilities) to share a small 2 bedroom apartment with three other people. And I'm fairly certain I got lucky getting that price.
What's it like in this magical world you all live in? LA native here, did my UG in Berkeley, so my own bedroom for anything <$1000 would seem like such a deal.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”