c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How was your cycle?

Outperformed my expectations
51
40%
Performed at expectations
41
32%
Underperformed my expectations
21
16%
I don't want to talk about it
16
12%
 
Total votes: 129

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5941
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby benwyatt » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:57 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:
schocolate wrote:
EnderWiggin wrote:My monday sour grapes award


I look forward to next week's.


TLcatharSis

Is monday the only day you have sour grapes or is there a different schedule?

User avatar
EnderWiggin
Posts: 1214
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby EnderWiggin » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:36 pm

benwyatt wrote:Is monday the only day you have sour grapes or is there a different schedule?


the grapes tend to sour most commonly on mondays as a result of mondays. but they are certainly prone to sour without warning on other occasions during the week as well

User avatar
schocolate
Posts: 1315
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:47 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby schocolate » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:39 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:the grapes tend to sour most commonly on mondays as a result of mondays. but they are certainly prone to sour without warning on other occasions during the week as well


What are the chances of us getting your reports on other [adjective][food] days? Limp noodle Wednesdays? Cool beans Fridays?

User avatar
EnderWiggin
Posts: 1214
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby EnderWiggin » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:25 pm

schocolate wrote:
EnderWiggin wrote:the grapes tend to sour most commonly on mondays as a result of mondays. but they are certainly prone to sour without warning on other occasions during the week as well


What are the chances of us getting your reports on other [adjective][food] days? Limp noodle Wednesdays? Cool beans Fridays?


somewhere on a scale between 1 and absolutely hell yea (closer to ahy)

User avatar
schocolate
Posts: 1315
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:47 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby schocolate » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:40 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:
schocolate wrote:
EnderWiggin wrote:the grapes tend to sour most commonly on mondays as a result of mondays. but they are certainly prone to sour without warning on other occasions during the week as well


What are the chances of us getting your reports on other [adjective][food] days? Limp noodle Wednesdays? Cool beans Fridays?


somewhere on a scale between 1 and absolutely hell yea (closer to ahy)


Perfect, thank you, sir.

deant286
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby deant286 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:24 am

If your LSAT score increases after a retake, will schools that have waitlisted you still wait until May, or whenever it is, to admit you/address your application again? Or is it possible with a score increase to be admitted before the point in the cycle at which they specified that waitlisted candidates are looked at again?

User avatar
KiltedKicker
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:02 am

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby KiltedKicker » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:31 pm

deant286 wrote:If your LSAT score increases after a retake, will schools that have waitlisted you still wait until May, or whenever it is, to admit you/address your application again? Or is it possible with a score increase to be admitted before the point in the cycle at which they specified that waitlisted candidates are looked at again?


I would assume if the increase is significant enough they would re-evaluate right away

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5941
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby benwyatt » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:06 pm


ProductofUnreality
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby ProductofUnreality » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:31 pm

Really hoping for some news before the long weekend.

User avatar
Nachoo2019
Posts: 797
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby Nachoo2019 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:15 pm

ProductofUnreality wrote:Really hoping for some news before the long weekend.


+1

User avatar
alpha kenny body
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby alpha kenny body » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:49 pm

kwabedi wrote:
ProductofUnreality wrote:Really hoping for some news before the long weekend.


+1

Attempting to fill my time with interesting and time-consuming activities so as to forget that I even applied. Posting on here doesn't help though.

ProductofUnreality
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby ProductofUnreality » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:52 pm

fips tedora wrote:
kwabedi wrote:
ProductofUnreality wrote:Really hoping for some news before the long weekend.


+1

Attempting to fill my time with interesting and time-consuming activities so as to forget that I even applied. Posting on here doesn't help though.


This place is a blessing and a curse. I'm more informed than ever about law school admissions and since I don't know anyone in real life applying it's nice to commiserate. On the other hand it builds anxiety and envy if you let it.

User avatar
CJRpnw
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby CJRpnw » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:57 pm

ProductofUnreality wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
kwabedi wrote:
ProductofUnreality wrote:Really hoping for some news before the long weekend.


+1

Attempting to fill my time with interesting and time-consuming activities so as to forget that I even applied. Posting on here doesn't help though.


This place is a blessing and a curse. I'm more informed than ever about law school admissions and since I don't know anyone in real life applying it's nice to commiserate. On the other hand it builds anxiety and envy if you let it.


+1 on all of this. I should be EXTREMELY grateful that the offers I have are making it tough to settle on a school, but instead I'm all up in my head about esoteric class numbers and what the next email will say.

User avatar
gamerish
Posts: 3127
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby gamerish » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:33 am

Odds of decisions tomorrow? Federal holiday and all that jazz.

User avatar
Nachoo2019
Posts: 797
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby Nachoo2019 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:02 am

gamerish wrote:Odds of decisions tomorrow? Federal holiday and all that jazz.


Low. Very low. :(

Lawcat11
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby Lawcat11 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:42 am

gamerish wrote:Odds of decisions tomorrow? Federal holiday and all that jazz.


I was just thinking to myself that I would finally receive my Columbia ding and the purgatory would be over, and then I read this and remembered that damn holiday...

pittsburghpirates
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 11:38 am

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby pittsburghpirates » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:18 am

kwabedi wrote:
gamerish wrote:Odds of decisions tomorrow? Federal holiday and all that jazz.


Low. Very low. :(


See I thought this too, but tons of schools have their deadlines today. Columbia, NYU, Duke, Northwestern, and Michigan all do and likely several others. Wouldn't be surprised if they're in the office today and if they are, always a chance for news!

User avatar
Nachoo2019
Posts: 797
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby Nachoo2019 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:21 pm

pittsburghpirates wrote:
kwabedi wrote:
gamerish wrote:Odds of decisions tomorrow? Federal holiday and all that jazz.


Low. Very low. :(


See I thought this too, but tons of schools have their deadlines today. Columbia, NYU, Duke, Northwestern, and Michigan all do and likely several others. Wouldn't be surprised if they're in the office today and if they are, always a chance for news!



I actually think you're right. My undergrad I am currently at is open and all classes and administration offices are running like normal. Maybe we will get some movement!

pittsburghpirates
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 11:38 am

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby pittsburghpirates » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:52 pm

kwabedi wrote:
pittsburghpirates wrote:
kwabedi wrote:
gamerish wrote:Odds of decisions tomorrow? Federal holiday and all that jazz.


Low. Very low. :(


See I thought this too, but tons of schools have their deadlines today. Columbia, NYU, Duke, Northwestern, and Michigan all do and likely several others. Wouldn't be surprised if they're in the office today and if they are, always a chance for news!



I actually think you're right. My undergrad I am currently at is open and all classes and administration offices are running like normal. Maybe we will get some movement!


Cornell has been active!

User avatar
ugg
Posts: 11708
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby ugg » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:35 am

Shameless self promo!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=260255

User avatar
EnderWiggin
Posts: 1214
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby EnderWiggin » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:10 pm

ugg wrote:Shameless self promo!!!!



in related news, like a gift from above, this gemstone from coral gables just fell in my lap


"You are invited to attend our Multicultural Admissions & LSAT Workshop to find out about the do’s and don’ts of the application process. An Application Fee Waiver ($60 value) will be given to participants at the end of the event."

Eta:
[+] Spoiler
Last edited by EnderWiggin on Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CJRpnw
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby CJRpnw » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:18 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:
ugg wrote:Shameless self promo!!!!



in related news, like a gift from above, this gemstone from coral gables just fell in my lap


"You are invited to attend our Multicultural Admissions & LSAT Workshop to find out about the do’s and don’ts of the application process. An Application Fee Waiver ($60 value) will be given to participants at the end of the event."


Anyone else getting endless Starbucks card bribe offers from Penn State for applying?

User avatar
jtg21
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:53 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby jtg21 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:27 pm

CJRpnw wrote:
EnderWiggin wrote:
ugg wrote:Shameless self promo!!!!



in related news, like a gift from above, this gemstone from coral gables just fell in my lap


"You are invited to attend our Multicultural Admissions & LSAT Workshop to find out about the do’s and don’ts of the application process. An Application Fee Waiver ($60 value) will be given to participants at the end of the event."


Anyone else getting endless Starbucks card bribe offers from Penn State for applying?


Can't remember which school it was that offered me a free laptop if I attended...but it was certainly tempting. I'm still rocking my 2010 Macbook pro and that won't cut it for law school.

User avatar
Li'l Sebastian
Posts: 1868
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby Li'l Sebastian » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:47 pm

What is the best laptop on the market today for law school and professional work?

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5941
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Re: c/o 2019 Applicant Compendium (2015 - 2016)

Postby benwyatt » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:30 pm

Li'l Sebastian wrote:What is the best laptop on the market today for law school and professional work?

Seems like a question of preference.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bas1, Chaimthegreat, chldudals22, Eli1, gobears18, hello to all, LSNlife, OakBrook2021, SusanSays, ticket and 37 guests