On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lillawyer2
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby lillawyer2 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:50 pm

THe email says specifically that:

"heading into june and plan to make a few offers to a small number of students on the waitlist in the next few weeks. we have great candidates we would like to send to "faculty but we know a lot can change since the fist time we placed you on waitlist. If your still interested, please reply no later than june 8th. "

Well i replied asap on Thursday and didn't receive a response on Friday?

Is this basically almost or getting close to an offer?

User avatar
Iwanttolawschool
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby Iwanttolawschool » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:52 pm

No.

lillawyer2
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby lillawyer2 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:57 pm

Iwanttolawschool wrote:No.


well damn then what was the point!

User avatar
hairbear7
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby hairbear7 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:11 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
Iwanttolawschool wrote:No.


well damn then what was the point!


To weed people out who are not actually still interested.

lillawyer2
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby lillawyer2 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:17 pm

hairbear7 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
Iwanttolawschool wrote:No.


well damn then what was the point!


To weed people out who are not actually still interested.



yes, tis true.

lillawyer2
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby lillawyer2 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:54 pm

what do they mean by send to faculty? I am so confused on that part, can anyone clarify?

User avatar
hairbear7
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby hairbear7 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:06 pm

Some schools have a faculty review process so they review your application (score it/ make notes or whatever) in addition to the admissions office.

User avatar
stego
Posts: 2866
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:23 am

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby stego » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:09 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:what do they mean by send to faculty? I am so confused on that part, can anyone clarify?


Probably a faculty admissions committee making the final decision on admission/denial.

Blueberrypie
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:59 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby Blueberrypie » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:34 pm

Good luck op,

Being on waitlist is nerve racking especially considering its June. I would have thought it meant that they want the candidate to meet with faculty for an interview or is that not likely?

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:37 pm

You might get more experienced responses if you identify the law school.

Blueberrypie
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:59 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby Blueberrypie » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:45 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:You might get more experienced responses if you identify the law school.


This! I'm still waiting for a school and I would like to know as well.

I don't mean to derail, but does anyone know the waitlist procedures for Fordham?

I'm just going to bump the Fordham thread now. Lol

lillawyer2
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby lillawyer2 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:43 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:You might get more experienced responses if you identify the law school.


It is Fordham.

BigZuck
Posts: 10870
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby BigZuck » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:35 pm

Definitely retake the lsat guys. That's your ticket and friends don't let friends do Fordham at sticker.

lillawyer2
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby lillawyer2 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:37 pm

BigZuck wrote:Definitely retake the lsat guys. That's your ticket and friends don't let friends do Fordham at sticker.



ugh I'd rather shoot myself than take the exam again. I'm not forking money over for school either. So no skin off my teeth. Maybe i'll transfer lol.

Fordham seems to be climbing the ranks also. That new building is sure to push them up to 25 before I graduate lol

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby 071816 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:40 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:ugh I'd rather shoot myself than take the exam again. I'm not forking money over for school either. So no skin off my teeth. Maybe i'll transfer lol.

Fordham seems to be climbing the ranks also. That new building is sure to push them up to 25 before I graduate lol

this seems like a troll post

lillawyer2
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby lillawyer2 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:47 pm

chimp wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:ugh I'd rather shoot myself than take the exam again. I'm not forking money over for school either. So no skin off my teeth. Maybe i'll transfer lol.

Fordham seems to be climbing the ranks also. That new building is sure to push them up to 25 before I graduate lol

this seems like a troll post



your a troll. I'm serious. If I'm not paying for it, why should I ultimately care? If I want to go to fordham, I want to go.

User avatar
Iwanttolawschool
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby Iwanttolawschool » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:47 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Definitely retake the lsat guys. That's your ticket and friends don't let friends do Fordham at sticker.



ugh I'd rather shoot myself than take the exam again. I'm not forking money over for school either. So no skin off my teeth. Maybe i'll transfer lol.

Fordham seems to be climbing the ranks also. That new building is sure to push them up to 25 before I graduate lol


lol

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby 071816 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:48 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
chimp wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:ugh I'd rather shoot myself than take the exam again. I'm not forking money over for school either. So no skin off my teeth. Maybe i'll transfer lol.

Fordham seems to be climbing the ranks also. That new building is sure to push them up to 25 before I graduate lol

this seems like a troll post



your a troll. I'm serious. If I'm not paying for it, why should I ultimately care? If I want to go to fordham, I want to go.

please cease from posting on these fora until you've thoroughly reviewed the differences between "your" and "you're"

lillawyer2
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby lillawyer2 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:51 pm

chimp wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
chimp wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:ugh I'd rather shoot myself than take the exam again. I'm not forking money over for school either. So no skin off my teeth. Maybe i'll transfer lol.

Fordham seems to be climbing the ranks also. That new building is sure to push them up to 25 before I graduate lol

this seems like a troll post



your a troll. I'm serious. If I'm not paying for it, why should I ultimately care? If I want to go to fordham, I want to go.

please cease from posting on these fora until you've thoroughly reviewed the differences between "your" and "you're"



please see your way out my thread chimp, if YOUR so very concerned about grammar on an internet forum.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby 071816 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:52 pm

MODZ PLZ

lillawyer2
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby lillawyer2 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:54 pm

chimp wrote:MODZ PLZ


please what, I did not do anything wrong. You don't like how I type, you don't have to enter this thread. It is very simple. Why so moody?

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby 071816 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:56 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
chimp wrote:MODZ PLZ


please what, I did not do anything wrong. You don't like how I type, you don't have to enter this thread. It is very simple. Why so moody?

I am not moody. I am, however, extremely disappointed in your conduct on these fora.

lillawyer2
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby lillawyer2 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:00 pm

chimp wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
chimp wrote:MODZ PLZ


please what, I did not do anything wrong. You don't like how I type, you don't have to enter this thread. It is very simple. Why so moody?

I am not moody. I am, however, extremely disappointed in your conduct on these fora.


You should be dissapointed in your attitude.

1. call someone a troll, because of their decision to attend a certain school.

2. telling me where I can or cannot post, because you don't approve of my use of your (incorrect or not, it isn't your place to give me orders)

3. screaming for the modz (btw "modz and plz" is spelled mods and please, which is short for moderator, but I'm sure you knew that. Just want to call you out, to be fair) because I don't obey your said orders.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby 071816 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:02 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:You should be dissapointed in your attitude.

1. call someone a troll, because of their decision to attend a certain school.

2. telling me where I can or cannot post, because you don't approve of my use of your (incorrect or not, it isn't your place to give me orders)

3. screaming for the modz (btw "modz and plz" is spelled mods and please, which is short for moderator, but I'm sure you knew that. Just want to call you out, to be fair) because I don't obey your said orders.

lillawyer2
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: On the waitlist for my top school, I received an email...

Postby lillawyer2 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:33 pm

Iwanttolawschool wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Definitely retake the lsat guys. That's your ticket and friends don't let friends do Fordham at sticker.



ugh I'd rather shoot myself than take the exam again. I'm not forking money over for school either. So no skin off my teeth. Maybe i'll transfer lol.

Fordham seems to be climbing the ranks also. That new building is sure to push them up to 25 before I graduate lol


lol



it was lol worthy, but Fordham seems like a school that is attempting to fight for its rank and get back in the top 20s. I mean they built that building for an edge up, there is no denying that. I also really like the school.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”