WL Question

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MK1260

WL Question

Postby MK1260 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:00 pm

I was just curious of everyone's opinion on this. I am wait-listed at multiple schools and was wondering if anyone was able to get off the WL by informing the school that if admitted they would pay the deposit that day (if true of course). Thanks for your input!

CanadianWolf

Re: WL Question

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:05 pm

Probably worth a try if you're willing & able to pay sticker price.

FirmBiz

Postby FirmBiz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:47 pm

MK1260 wrote:I was just curious of everyone's opinion on this. I am wait-listed at multiple schools and was wondering if anyone was able to get off the WL by informing the school that if admitted they would pay the deposit that day (if true of course). Thanks for your input!

You're better off telling them that you have X amount of scholarship at the current school you are deposited at and are more than willing to give that up for an opportunity to attend their program.

MK1260

Postby MK1260 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:52 pm

I have already written a LOCI to the schools and spoke of the other scholarships I was offered but my sincere interest in attending X school. I understand if there are not spots they cannot offer but just trying to see the various ways individuals are able to get off of the WL.

RachelZane13

Postby RachelZane13 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:58 pm

I have another question in the same area.. If you call admissions and ask about the WL, such as how many people are on it, if they expect to admit any more people, etc. is that seen as showing interest or just annoying to the admissions office? Would it be more diplomatic to ask if someone could "explain school X's WL process" ?

MK1260

Postby MK1260 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:01 pm

RachelZane13 wrote:I have another question in the same area.. If you call admissions and ask about the WL, such as how many people are on it, if they expect to admit any more people, etc. is that seen as showing interest or just annoying to the admissions office? Would it be more diplomatic to ask if someone could "explain school X's WL process" ?

I have called maybe once to each of them but mostly kept in contact via email, it seems preferred. When I did call the staff always notified me they would *note* in my file I called and my continued interest though.

Styx91

Postby Styx91 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:45 pm

MK1260 wrote:I was just curious of everyone's opinion on this. I am wait-listed at multiple schools and was wondering if anyone was able to get off the WL by informing the school that if admitted they would pay the deposit that day (if true of course). Thanks for your input!

Lol, you best be damn sure you're willing to pay sticker...

I question whether this sort of stuff/LOCIs mean anything to admissions offices.

I was waitlisted at 3 lower half T14s this cycle. Oddly, the one school that I made zero extra effort to reach out to (no LOCI, no extra essay, no letters of rec) accepted me with money. I have sent a couple of LOCIs to the other schools and got crickets for a response.

It's all about numbers at this point. They're looking to round out their medians.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”