Waitlisted at Brooklyn Law

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nurkha21

Waitlisted at Brooklyn Law

Postby nurkha21 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:38 pm

I was wait listed on April 8. What are the chances I will hear back by Friday? They don't give out any information when I call.

FirmBiz

Re: Waitlisted at Brooklyn Law

Postby FirmBiz » Thu May 28, 2015 4:07 am

nurkha21 wrote:I was wait listed on April 8. What are the chances I will hear back by Friday? They don't give out any information when I call.

If you haven't heard back by now, I wouldn't expect anything until the second phase of this process, the June deposit deadline.

nurkha21

Postby nurkha21 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:20 pm

FirmBiz wrote:
nurkha21 wrote:I was wait listed on April 8. What are the chances I will hear back by Friday? They don't give out any information when I call.

If you haven't heard back by now, I wouldn't expect anything until the second phase of this process, the June deposit deadline.

I'm still waiting. Really really hoping to get into BLS this week. Is there any waitlist movement?

FirmBiz

Postby FirmBiz » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:53 pm

nurkha21 wrote:
FirmBiz wrote:

I'm still waiting. Really really hoping to get into BLS this week. Is there any waitlist movement?

Not as yet. You can keep yourself updated by checking this link http://brooklyn.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants

You may see some movement this week, however that's not guaranteed

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:57 pm

As a sidenote: Is it still accurate to state that Brooklyn Law School & Vermont Law School are the only two ABA approved law schools which are unaffiliated with any university or college ?

nurkha21

Postby nurkha21 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:20 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:As a sidenote: Is it still accurate to state that Brooklyn Law School & Vermont Law School are the only two ABA approved law schools which are unaffiliated with any university or college ?

What about New York Law School?

nurkha21

Postby nurkha21 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:21 pm

FirmBiz wrote:
nurkha21 wrote:
FirmBiz wrote:

Not as yet. You can keep yourself updated by checking this link http://brooklyn.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants

You may see some movement this week, however that's not guaranteed

I hope so! I did everything in my power to get myself in there.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:26 pm

New York Law is another. Actually I think that there are several others now that "for profits" are ABA eligible.

JFO1833

Postby JFO1833 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:20 pm

These are (I think) all independent from any university, don't know if I missed any:

Arizona Summit
Atlanta's John Marshall
Ave Maria
Brooklyn
California Western
Charleston
Charlotte
Florida Coastal
John Marshall (Chicago)
New England
New York (NYLS)
South Texas
Southwestern
Vermont
William Mitchel

stego

Postby stego » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:41 pm

JFO1833 wrote:These are (I think) all independent from any university, don't know if I missed any:

Arizona Summit
Atlanta's John Marshall
Ave Maria
Brooklyn
California Western
Charleston
Charlotte
Florida Coastal
John Marshall (Chicago)
New England
New York (NYLS)
South Texas
Southwestern
Vermont
William Mitchel

Thomas Jefferson School of Law is as well.

slewis06

Postby slewis06 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Has anyone received any generic status update emails from Brooklyn since being wait listed? I'm considering on calling to follow up. However, I was under the impression they preferred emails? I know Cardozo has been good about emailing about once a month to try and weave out those not interested.

nurkha21

Postby nurkha21 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:56 pm

slewis06 wrote:Has anyone received any generic status update emails from Brooklyn since being wait listed? I'm considering on calling to follow up. However, I was under the impression they preferred emails? I know Cardozo has been good about emailing about once a month to try and weave out those not interested.

They don't e-mail at all about status updates! And when I call, they say that they don't know when I will get off of the waitlist. They say to wait.

stressed

Postby stressed » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:53 pm

I withdrawn last week. one spot for someone.

slewis06

Postby slewis06 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:28 pm

Any movement?

lillawyer2

Postby lillawyer2 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:30 pm

I withdrew a few days ago! Good luck...

nurkha21

Postby nurkha21 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:54 pm

slewis06 wrote:Any movement?

I actually got in off the waitlist last week! They're looking through the waitlists. Good luck! Send in another LOCI stating that you're guaranteed to accept admission.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”