University of Washington C/o 2018 Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How long will you stay on the wait list?

June 1
No votes
June 15
11%
July 1
No votes
July 15
No votes
August 1
11%
August 15
33%
UW is my first choice! I'll stay on until the bitter end!
44%

Total votes: 9

Harry_Pluxen

University of Washington C/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Wed May 20, 2015 11:52 am

Hey everyone,

Please post all UW wait list discussion & rumours here.

I'll start by saying that their deposit deadline was May 1, but that was extended to May 15 in order to accommodate some students. The admissions office told me that they would make offers to WL applicants beginning in the second half of May. So, we should start to see movement soon. Another rumour is that UW has already filled 150 seats for it's incoming class, so it's nearly full.

Message me if you would like something added to the poll, etc.

sometime82

Re: University of Washington C/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby sometime82 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:46 am

Harry_Pluxen wrote:Hey everyone,

I'll start by saying that their deposit deadline was May 1, but that was extended to May 15 in order to accommodate some students. The admissions office told me that they would make offers to WL applicants beginning in the second half of May. So, we should start to see movement soon. Another rumour is that UW has already filled 150 seats for it's incoming class, so it's nearly full.

That’s not good news !

Mkfoury

Postby Mkfoury » Tue May 26, 2015 2:23 pm

Where did you hear the rumor about the class being being nearly full?

Harry_Pluxen

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Tue May 26, 2015 4:05 pm

Mkfoury wrote:

Where did you hear the rumor about the class being being nearly full?

From a fellow TLS member who said he called them to ask about the wait list. I didn't hear it myself, which is why I said it was just a rumor.

Cassandra123

Postby Cassandra123 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:20 pm

Does anyone know when the 2nd seat deposit deadline is for UW?

Harry_Pluxen

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Tue May 26, 2015 9:23 pm

Cassandra123 wrote:Does anyone know when the 2nd seat deposit deadline is for UW?

I'll call and ask them. Will post answer here.

sometime82

Postby sometime82 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:28 am

is there a second seat deposit ? when is it?

JonTheMandamus

Postby JonTheMandamus » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:06 am

It is just one seat deposit, at least for the students being accepted off of the waitlist.

Cpt Zapp Brannigan

Postby Cpt Zapp Brannigan » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:08 pm

I took a tour of the school and a bunch of us compared notes. There is only one deposit for regular admitted students but it was a hefty $500 due on May 1. The May 15th date written about in some places I think was referencing the fact that UW does not do web payments and it takes an extra week or so to track down deposit checks in university's mail system. Other schools have second deposits due June 15th. UW also gave some people more scholly money with the requirement that they accept the deal by June 15th. I'm guessing most spots are taken, but there may be one or two lucky ducks who get the call when some admitted people turn down the $$$ for seats at other schools. GL to all.

Harry_Pluxen

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Cpt Zapp Brannigan wrote:I took a tour of the school and a bunch of us compared notes. There is only one deposit for regular admitted students but it was a hefty $500 due on May 1. The May 15th date written about in some places I think was referencing the fact that UW does not do web payments and it takes an extra week or so to track down deposit checks in university's mail system. Other schools have second deposits due June 15th. UW also gave some people more scholly money with the requirement that they accept the deal by June 15th. I'm guessing most spots are taken, but there may be one or two lucky ducks who get the call when some admitted people turn down the $$$ for seats at other schools. GL to all.

Yeah I spoke to their admissions office today. He said that WL applicant can expect to see some movement in mid-June. However, he didn't specify why...I assume it could be because of the facts you mention above.

Also, regarding my earlier post of a "rumor" that the class was nearly full: The admissions office told me that they are full as of today. I know this sucks. :(

reedj5

Postby reedj5 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:43 pm

Hey all - I was moved to the "small" waitlist - i.e. the students who will be kept on a list in case someone drops out over the summer. Did anyone else get this message? Does anyone have any information on how likely it is that people get moved off the waitlist throughout the summer?

Thanks! :D

piperchapman

Postby piperchapman » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:00 pm

Yes. And no.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”