I already know the answer, I just need you to tell me same

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TasmanianToucan

Re: I already know the answer, I just need you to tell me same

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed May 13, 2015 1:21 pm

OP, I'm going to leave this here for you. Please read it.

http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot.com/2012/02/trap-schools.html

Chowfun

Postby Chowfun » Wed May 13, 2015 1:37 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:OP, I'm going to leave this here for you. Please read it.

This depressed me. I mean really makes me want to run for the hills. I have to re-evaluate myself. I also been hesitant to tell my mother I was accepted to schools.

Traynor Brah

Postby Traynor Brah » Wed May 13, 2015 1:41 pm

tag

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed May 13, 2015 1:48 pm

What would really be depressing is if you sank buku money into a Fordham degree that didn't even get you a job.

Do some serious homework, and if you still think law is for you get the LSAT score you need to get into a T14 with $$$.

Chowfun

Postby Chowfun » Wed May 13, 2015 1:58 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:What would really be depressing is if you sank buku money into a Fordham degree that didn't even get you a job.

Do some serious homework, and if you still think law is for you get the LSAT score you need to get into a T14 with $$$.

Do you go to law school? If so, why did you attend and where did you attend? Was it a good investment for you?

If you don't feel comfortable answering here can I pm you?

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed May 13, 2015 2:07 pm

I'm a paralegal. I've been doing this for 2.5 years plus a law internship back during undergrad. Only now after having talked with every lawyer I've ever worked with, and reading everything I could possibly find on law school and the legal employment game do I feel comfortable heading to law school at UVA in the fall.

I'm only doing this because I can't imagine doing anything else and I have an awesome fiancee (soon to be wife) who works and has a good career going, so I have slightly more leeway than most.

Chowfun

Postby Chowfun » Wed May 13, 2015 3:51 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:I'm a paralegal. I've been doing this for 2.5 years plus a law internship back during undergrad. Only now after having talked with every lawyer I've ever worked with, and reading everything I could possibly find on law school and the legal employment game do I feel comfortable heading to law school at UVA in the fall.

I'm only doing this because I can't imagine doing anything else and I have an awesome fiancee (soon to be wife) who works and has a good career going, so I have slightly more leeway than most.

Ah, before I my current company, I was a paralegal. My experience was horrid. :( The lawyers there were miserable and some made no more than $40k. Others had decent salaries to brag about their jimmy choos. Anyway the whole group was a sad bunch of miserable people.

I interned with one of the top and most recognized lawyers in nyc, while I was an undergrad. This person would go back and do things differently if he/she could. I know no one who thoroughly enjoyed practicing, maybe it's because of the money, for the most part. Well my cousin enjoys it. She went to Columbia.

Considering all the negativity surrounding attending law school and becoming a lawyer, what information/insight did you gain to feel comfortable to attend UVA law school? The more I currently read, the worse it sounds. I have recently within the last hour been advised not to attend a Law school that wasn't top 10. They even said those students have trouble. There are point blank too many lawyers. I also read the market, for lawyers, is supposed to turn around soon at least for our graduating class, but how much better could it be, when there is such a backlog of attorneys from prior years..

Shrug....

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed May 13, 2015 4:05 pm

PM'd. We've hit the limit on what I'll reveal on a public thread.

bretby

Postby bretby » Wed May 13, 2015 4:12 pm

Chowfun wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:I'm a paralegal. I've been doing this for 2.5 years plus a law internship back during undergrad. Only now after having talked with every lawyer I've ever worked with, and reading everything I could possibly find on law school and the legal employment game do I feel comfortable heading to law school at UVA in the fall.

Ah, before I my current company, I was a paralegal. My experience was horrid. :( The lawyers there were miserable and some made no more than $40k. Others had decent salaries to brag about their jimmy choos. Anyway the whole group was a sad bunch of miserable people.

I interned with one of the top and most recognized lawyers in nyc, while I was an undergrad. This person would go back and do things differently if he/she could. I know no one who thoroughly enjoyed practicing, maybe it's because of the money, for the most part. Well my cousin enjoys it. She went to Columbia.

Considering all the negativity surrounding attending law school and becoming a lawyer, what information/insight did you gain to feel comfortable to attend UVA law school? The more I currently read, the worse it sounds. I have recently within the last hour been advised not to attend a Law school that wasn't top 10. They even said those students have trouble. There are point blank too many lawyers. I also read the market, for lawyers, is supposed to turn around soon at least for our graduating class, but how much better could it be, when there is such a backlog of attorneys from prior years..

Shrug....

This has to be a troll at this point. If you've worked in the field and found it miserable why are you considering going back into it, but with a lot more debt?

Postby 071816 » Wed May 13, 2015 4:48 pm

Chowfun wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:OP, I'm going to leave this here for you. Please read it.

This depressed me. I mean really makes me want to run for the hills. I have to re-evaluate myself. I also been hesitant to tell my mother I was accepted to schools.

kindly tell your mother to fuck off

Chowfun

Postby Chowfun » Wed May 13, 2015 6:09 pm

bretby wrote:
Chowfun wrote:

Shrug....

This has to be a troll at this point. If you've worked in the field and found it miserable why are you considering going back into it, but with a lot more debt?

I worked as a paralegal and the people were stupid and negative. THe work was n't bad. There was a lot of it, but it was good material to learn.

tkim88

Postby tkim88 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:46 pm

Lol this thread is hilarious.

A little crazy but hilarious.

strugglebus

Postby strugglebus » Wed May 13, 2015 8:19 pm

tkim88 wrote:Lol this thread is hilarious.

A little crazy but hilarious.

+1

OP needs to grow up and stop letting mommy dictate his/her life

dabigchina

Postby dabigchina » Wed May 13, 2015 8:23 pm

Dude Fordham is a no go man.

Also, poastin in a troll thread

leslieknope

Postby leslieknope » Wed May 13, 2015 8:27 pm

Yeah, no. On the off chance this isn't a troll, OP: don't go to law school. Like, even if your choices were Ruby vs Yale you probably shouldn't be going right now, let alone when your best case scenario is Fordham at sticker. Take some time to think about what you want, and maybe try to save some money to move out while you're at it.

justkeepswimming794

Postby justkeepswimming794 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:37 pm

Hand wrote:
Chowfun wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:it like, really isn't "playing it safe" to attend fordham

It isn't but it is to appease my mother. As stupid as it sounds, and I know it sounds stupid...believe me.

Isn't Fordham a great school, especially in nyc?

it's pretty decent, but great? absolutely not. in NYC only cls and nyu can be classified thus

ETA superscooped, but either way, you obviously shouldn't spend 3 yrs and a fuckton of money to appease your mother on this point.

do not go to law school to appease your mother. any law school. let alone fordham. the legal market is not the same as it was when your mom went to law school. its just not. think about what you want to do, and definitely do not just go to law school because it feels like an alternative to your current situation.

WhatCouldHaveBeen

Postby WhatCouldHaveBeen » Thu May 14, 2015 10:37 am

Do not disobey your mother.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”