Waitlist Phone Call (non school specific)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MK7

Waitlist Phone Call (non school specific)

Postby MK7 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:17 pm

This is me being neurotic but I want to know what others think or if someone out there experienced this.

I was waitlisted at a certain school, sent a LOCI, and the same day I sent my LOCI I received an email from the Assistant Dean about scheduling a phone call to discuss my status on the waitlist.

I know, I know, it'll all be speculation until the actual phone call takes place but what does this mean? Good news? Bad news?

Has anyone had this happen before? If so, what was your experience?

I'm nervous! :shock:

hairbear7

Re: Waitlist Phone Call (non school specific)

Postby hairbear7 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:27 pm

MK7 wrote:This is me being neurotic but I want to know what others think or if someone out there experienced this.

I was waitlisted at a certain school, sent a LOCI, and the same day I sent my LOCI I received an email from the Assistant Dean about scheduling a phone call to discuss my status on the waitlist.

I know, I know, it'll all be speculation until the actual phone call takes place but what does this mean? Good news? Bad news?

Has anyone had this happen before? If so, what was your experience?

I'm nervous! :shock:

They probably just want to get a better feel for you as an applicant. Be prepared to talk about yourself and interest in their school.

PumaPounce

Postby PumaPounce » Wed May 13, 2015 1:12 pm

Sounds like good news! At least this means they are reviewing your file and want to know you better. If they didn't want you, they wouldn't have bothered with a phone call.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Wed May 13, 2015 1:15 pm

PumaPounce wrote:Sounds like good news! At least this means they are reviewing your file and want to know you better. If they didn't want you, they wouldn't have bothered with a phone call.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed May 13, 2015 3:13 pm

Good news. Admissions certainly isn't calling to tell you bad news. Be enthusiastic.

usn26

Postby usn26 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Positive development for sure.

KMart

Postby KMart » Wed May 13, 2015 3:49 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
PumaPounce wrote:Sounds like good news! At least this means they are reviewing your file and want to know you better. If they didn't want you, they wouldn't have bothered with a phone call.

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed May 13, 2015 4:12 pm

I speculate that this might be one of those "if we offer you a spot, will you take it?" calls. Don't be caught off guard if that's the case.

Good luck!

strugglebus

Postby strugglebus » Wed May 13, 2015 8:26 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:I speculate that this might be one of those "if we offer you a spot, will you take it?" calls. Don't be caught off guard if that's the case.

Good luck!

My guess is either this or a "if you defer we'll give you $$" thing like UVA was doing

MK7

Postby MK7 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:35 pm

strugglebus wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:I speculate that this might be one of those "if we offer you a spot, will you take it?" calls. Don't be caught off guard if that's the case.

Good luck!

My guess is either this or a "if you defer we'll give you $$" thing like UVA was doing

Thanks for the responses guys. This is basically what happened ^. I got in but with crappy $. Ugh. The decisions continue...

KMart

Postby KMart » Fri May 15, 2015 6:59 pm

MK7 wrote:Thanks for the responses guys. This is basically what happened ^. I got in but with crappy $. Ugh. The decisions continue...

Congrats. It is better to have difficult decisions than have the simple decision of being denied everywhere. Keep the prospective.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”