NYU Waitlist 2018 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shamallama

New

Re: NYU Waitlist 2018

Post by shamallama » Wed May 06, 2015 10:04 am

Yes and Yes

iVi

Bronze

Post by iVi » Wed May 06, 2015 10:13 am

Wow same here! DLS this morning and just logged onto the ASW! Woohoo~

Congrats to everyone with good news, and best of luck to the rest of you waiters. Keep the hope.

Big Red

Gold

Post by Big Red » Wed May 06, 2015 11:03 am

congrats guys!

elliot12345

New

Post by elliot12345 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:42 am

Got the good news this morning, good luck to everyone else! Does anyone know if the school considers admits off the wait list for merit-based aid at all? I have significant aid from a peer school and it would be hard to justify attending NYU otherwise.

iVi

Bronze

Post by iVi » Wed May 06, 2015 11:59 am

elliot12345 wrote:Got the good news this morning, good luck to everyone else! Does anyone know if the school considers admits off the wait list for merit-based aid at all? I have significant aid from a peer school and it would be hard to justify attending NYU otherwise.
+1

Also, anyone have an idea about the timeline for financial aid, even if it's only need-based?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Fighttotheend

Bronze

Post by Fighttotheend » Wed May 06, 2015 12:01 pm

So for the guys who got in, did you guys get off of the waitlist or just regular decision?

iVi

Bronze

Post by iVi » Wed May 06, 2015 12:06 pm

Fighttotheend wrote:So for the guys who got in, did you guys get off of the waitlist or just regular decision?
At this point in the cycle, aren't all admits off the WL? I was.

Fighttotheend

Bronze

Post by Fighttotheend » Wed May 06, 2015 12:11 pm

iVi wrote:
Fighttotheend wrote:So for the guys who got in, did you guys get off of the waitlist or just regular decision?
so it is WL confirmed then DLS again?

shamallama

New

Post by shamallama » Wed May 06, 2015 12:14 pm

Fighttotheend wrote:
iVi wrote:
so it is WL confirmed then DLS again?
Yea I was WL confirmed and then I went UR again yesterday and then DLS today. Just got the call.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Blue0613

New

Post by Blue0613 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:38 pm

I am an idiot. Please delete.
Last edited by Blue0613 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SunnySinceWhen

New

Post by SunnySinceWhen » Wed May 06, 2015 1:20 pm

I got a call a few hours ago (this is a new account; I'd lurked before) and am in! Really delighted, and there's about a 95% chance I'll go. Was admitted to UVA early this spring and had previously been planning on going there.

I have until May 20th to decide. Would it be worthwhile to contact the other places I'm waitlisted, Columbia and Harvard, and make them aware of the timeline I'm looking at?

greenapples

Bronze

Post by greenapples » Wed May 06, 2015 1:23 pm

SunnySinceWhen wrote:I got a call a few hours ago (this is a new account; I'd lurked before) and am in! Really delighted, and there's about a 95% chance I'll go. Was admitted to UVA early this spring and had previously been planning on going there.

I have until May 20th to decide. Would it be worthwhile to contact the other places I'm waitlisted, Columbia and Harvard, and make them aware of the timeline I'm looking at?

Congrats! So is it safe to presume that for those of us w/o good news, we wont't be hearing back until May 20th? Keeping my fingers crossed... I really want you NYU! Please want me back.

Big Red

Gold

Post by Big Red » Wed May 06, 2015 1:28 pm

SunnySinceWhen wrote:I got a call a few hours ago (this is a new account; I'd lurked before) and am in! Really delighted, and there's about a 95% chance I'll go. Was admitted to UVA early this spring and had previously been planning on going there.

What prevents you from staying on those WLs if you deposit at NYU?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

greenapples

Bronze

Post by greenapples » Wed May 06, 2015 1:40 pm

Oh oops. I forgot to answer. IMO, it's not worth telling Columbia bc they told us in the waitlist letter that they won't be looking at our pile until late May. Not sure about Harvard tho.

hopeboaltberkeley

Bronze

Post by hopeboaltberkeley » Wed May 06, 2015 2:23 pm

Congrats everyone! hope there are more admit waves!

White Dwarf

Bronze

Post by White Dwarf » Wed May 06, 2015 2:27 pm

Accepted as well. Anyone else get financial aid info, or have any idea when we might find out?

Comma.Split

Bronze

Post by Comma.Split » Wed May 06, 2015 2:28 pm

White Dwarf wrote:Accepted as well. Anyone else get financial aid info, or have any idea when we might find out?
The person on the phone said we will get an email from the financial aid office in two days.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SunnySinceWhen

New

Post by SunnySinceWhen » Wed May 06, 2015 3:16 pm

greenapples wrote:

Oh oops. I forgot to answer. IMO, it's not worth telling Columbia bc they told us in the waitlist letter that they won't be looking at our pile until late May. Not sure about Harvard tho.
Thanks for the reminder. I didn't have the copy of the letter with me today and got a little excited. If I could find the right way to phrase it, though, there's nothing to lose.

oaktown

New

Post by oaktown » Wed May 06, 2015 3:19 pm

In. Congrats to everyone. See you all there.

SunnySinceWhen

New

Post by SunnySinceWhen » Wed May 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Big Red wrote:
I was asked to fill out an Intent to Enroll form by the 20th. That form asks me to affirm the following:
I plan to enroll at NYU School of Law in Fall 2015. I have no commitment to attend another law school, have not deferred enrollment at another law school, will not apply to another law school, have withdrawn from other law schools to which I was admitted, and will not request to be reinstated at any law school from which I have withdrawn.
Although this paragraph doesn't specifically mention waitlists, I'm not sure if signing this, then dropping NYU for another school, would be viewed positively. Is anyone staying on other waitlists this summer?

Big Red

Gold

Post by Big Red » Wed May 06, 2015 3:25 pm

If you had to withdraw from the waitlists that email would have specifically told you to. I don't even know if they are allowed to do that?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

oaktown

New

Post by oaktown » Wed May 06, 2015 3:35 pm

Anyone else in and still unable to log into ASW?

SunnySinceWhen

New

Post by SunnySinceWhen » Wed May 06, 2015 3:35 pm

Big Red wrote:If you had to withdraw from the waitlists that email would have specifically told you to. I don't even know if they are allowed to do that?
Thanks! I don't know either.

shamallama

New

Post by shamallama » Wed May 06, 2015 3:41 pm

SunnySinceWhen wrote:
Big Red wrote:
I was asked to fill out an Intent to Enroll form by the 20th. That form asks me to affirm the following:
I plan to enroll at NYU School of Law in Fall 2015. I have no commitment to attend another law school, have not deferred enrollment at another law school, will not apply to another law school, have withdrawn from other law schools to which I was admitted, and will not request to be reinstated at any law school from which I have withdrawn.
Although this paragraph doesn't specifically mention waitlists, I'm not sure if signing this, then dropping NYU for another school, would be viewed positively. Is anyone staying on other waitlists this summer?
This might be just me but none of that reads as requiring one to withdraw from all schools you have applied to. It basically is to confirm that your current plan is to enroll at NYU. It doesn't say you have to withdraw all applications, just the applications of schools you have already been admitted to. It seems that depositing at NYU, withdrawing from other programs you have deposited to, and remaining on the waitlists of other programs you are interested in would be completely acceptable within this. The only part of the statement that concerns me is the "will not apply to another law school" but I read that as not applying to another law school after filling out the Intent to Enroll/depositing.

neubreed

New

Post by neubreed » Wed May 06, 2015 4:06 pm

In.

Does... does this mean I actually owe NYU the firstborn child I promised them if admitted? I can't tell based on that phone call.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”