SMU Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
axq071000

SMU Waitlist

Postby axq071000 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:18 am

New to this forum, so I'm not sure if I post for this already exists. But what is the SMU waitlist like based on prior years? What are the chances of getting a spot and when do you typically find out? Recently waitlisted and SMU is my number 1 choice even though I've been admitted to other schools.

adrianlh92

Re: SMU Waitlist

Postby adrianlh92 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:14 pm

I am also on the Waitlist. I sent in a letter of continued interest and another letter of rec. Hope that helps!

If anyone is not attending please Withdraw to give us a chance!

Camus999

Postby Camus999 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:38 pm

When I last spoke with staff at SMU, they said that their decision for waitlisted applicants would go out (probably) by July. However, in no forum or LSN profiles that I've checked have I seen anyone heard back from them yet.

I was wondering if anyone here had heard back from them or had any sort of communication with them. The orientation from my second choice school starts in roughly two weeks, so I need to get those affairs in order if I am to expect the worst.

Thanks again for any info or advice you guys may have.

LegallyBlondeTx

Postby LegallyBlondeTx » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:54 am

Also on SMU WL. I have not heard anything from them. Noticed, however, that on my "Applicant Status Online" portal, that there is now a "Fulfillment Status" that states that Paper/Electronic reports have been generated. Anyone else have this/know what it means?

Camus999

Postby Camus999 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:45 pm

Yes, mine was like that too. I think that they are changing their website some. Now their whole page is different and I can't access the status checker.

LegallyBlondeTx

Postby LegallyBlondeTx » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:03 pm

Contacted admissions regarding the WL. They said I was still on WL and had chance of admittance until 8/24. Guess we get to wait some more...

Camus999

Postby Camus999 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:03 pm

LegallyBlondeTx wrote:Contacted admissions regarding the WL. They said I was still on WL and had chance of admittance until 8/24. Guess we get to wait some more...

Yeah they told me that too. It was my understanding that they are at full occupancy right now. So here is to hoping some spots open up. Wishing you the best of luck!

Do you have a back up plan?

LegallyBlondeTx

Postby LegallyBlondeTx » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Camus999 wrote:
LegallyBlondeTx wrote:Contacted admissions regarding the WL. They said I was still on WL and had chance of admittance until 8/24. Guess we get to wait some more...

Yeah they told me that too. It was my understanding that they are at full occupancy right now. So here is to hoping some spots open up. Wishing you the best of luck!

Do you have a back up plan?

Best of luck to you as well! I hope a few of us make it in! Deposited at UNT right now. Trying to stay in Dallas! You?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”