Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Did you interview? With whom? Still waiting?

Yes - Mark Hill - Still waiting
1
5%
Yes - Mark Hill - In
0
No votes
Yes - Ebony Bryant - Still waiting
1
5%
Yes - Ebony Bryant - In
0
No votes
Yes - Bill Hoye - Still waiting
2
10%
Yes - Bill Hoye - In
1
5%
No.
14
70%
Have received notification of rejection/denial
1
5%
 
Total votes: 20

supersplittysplitter
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby supersplittysplitter » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:50 pm

annlean wrote:Got an updating mail indicates they're going to pull people from regular wait-list. Fingers crossed!


if they're going to pull people from the regular wait list, would that mean everyone on the PR is getting in?

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby usn26 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:15 pm

supersplittysplitter wrote:
annlean wrote:Got an updating mail indicates they're going to pull people from regular wait-list. Fingers crossed!


if they're going to pull people from the regular wait list, would that mean everyone on the PR is getting in?


Haha, we reserved people can hope!

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:20 pm

Per my conversation with Hoye, showing interest is one of the biggest factors they consider when pulling candidates off PR/the waitlist. Now is a great time to reach out to them.

hearsay77
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby hearsay77 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:32 am

annlean wrote:Got an updating mail indicates they're going to pull people from regular wait-list. Fingers crossed!


Are you talking about the email about staying on the waitlist or did you get a separate email?

annlean
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:06 am

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby annlean » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:34 am

hearsay77 wrote:
annlean wrote:Got an updating mail indicates they're going to pull people from regular wait-list. Fingers crossed!


Are you talking about the email about staying on the waitlist or did you get a separate email?


I think we are talking about the same email. :)

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:48 am

If anyone is prepping for an interview feel free to PM me and I'll tell you about my experience!

annlean
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:06 am

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby annlean » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:07 am

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:If anyone is prepping for an interview feel free to PM me and I'll tell you about my experience!


Is the interview opportunity only granted to PR candidate? I am willing to do anything to strengthen my application.

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby usn26 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:16 am

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:If anyone is prepping for an interview feel free to PM me and I'll tell you about my experience!


Same.

hearsay77
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby hearsay77 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:05 pm

To those who have been accepted, mind sharing what you did to show interest between being put on the wait list and being accepted? LOCI(s)/LOR(s)/etc?

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:07 pm

hearsay77 wrote:To those who have been accepted, mind sharing what you did to show interest between being put on the wait list and being accepted? LOCI(s)/LOR(s)/etc?


LOCI, scheduling an interview, gpa addendum

hearsay77
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby hearsay77 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:07 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
hearsay77 wrote:To those who have been accepted, mind sharing what you did to show interest between being put on the wait list and being accepted? LOCI(s)/LOR(s)/etc?


LOCI, scheduling an interview, gpa addendum


Thank you!

Fighttotheend
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby Fighttotheend » Wed May 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Bumping this. Any movement?

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby usn26 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:24 pm

Fighttotheend wrote:Bumping this. Any movement?


Radio silence over here. I'm trying not to let the anxiety get to me. But failing.

No news on the wait list page either. I thought I heard the deadline for PR admits is the 15th? So maybe some movement then? Plus double-deposited people will trickle away.

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Wed May 06, 2015 12:26 pm

usn26 wrote:
Fighttotheend wrote:Bumping this. Any movement?


Radio silence over here. I'm trying not to let the anxiety get to me. But failing.

No news on the wait list page either. I thought I heard the deadline for PR admits is the 15th? So maybe some movement then? Plus double-deposited people will trickle away.


Can confirm the 15th as the deadline for PR admits.

Fighttotheend
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby Fighttotheend » Wed May 06, 2015 12:31 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
usn26 wrote:
Fighttotheend wrote:Bumping this. Any movement?


Radio silence over here. I'm trying not to let the anxiety get to me. But failing.

No news on the wait list page either. I thought I heard the deadline for PR admits is the 15th? So maybe some movement then? Plus double-deposited people will trickle away.


Can confirm the 15th as the deadline for PR admits.


All the PR admits?

supersplittysplitter
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby supersplittysplitter » Wed May 06, 2015 3:21 pm

So if we haven't been admitted by May 15th, that means we've been rejected? Did you guys hear this during a PR interview?

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Wed May 06, 2015 3:24 pm

supersplittysplitter wrote:So if we haven't been admitted by May 15th, that means we've been rejected? Did you guys hear this during a PR interview?


Not at all. But the PR individuals who were admitted were given a May 15th deadline

ETA: USN does a much better job of explaining.
Last edited by OhBoyOhBortles on Wed May 06, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby usn26 » Wed May 06, 2015 3:25 pm

supersplittysplitter wrote:So if we haven't been admitted by May 15th, that means we've been rejected? Did you guys hear this during a PR interview?


No no no. Those who *were* on the PR list who *have been accepted* must deposit or decline by the 15th. Those of us who haven't just remain on the list. The importance of that date to us is that if those who were admitted decide not to go to Duke, spots might open up for us.

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Wed May 06, 2015 3:25 pm

Fighttotheend wrote:
All the PR admits?


can't speak for all, but every PR admit I've interacted with/seen posting, has that 15th of May deadline.

supersplittysplitter
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby supersplittysplitter » Wed May 06, 2015 3:37 pm

usn26 wrote:
supersplittysplitter wrote:So if we haven't been admitted by May 15th, that means we've been rejected? Did you guys hear this during a PR interview?


No no no. Those who *were* on the PR list who *have been accepted* must deposit or decline by the 15th. Those of us who haven't just remain on the list. The importance of that date to us is that if those who were admitted decide not to go to Duke, spots might open up for us.


ohhhhhh ok that makes way more sense haha I don't know why I jumped to such a crazy conclusion :lol:

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby usn26 » Wed May 06, 2015 3:40 pm

supersplittysplitter wrote:
usn26 wrote:
supersplittysplitter wrote:So if we haven't been admitted by May 15th, that means we've been rejected? Did you guys hear this during a PR interview?


No no no. Those who *were* on the PR list who *have been accepted* must deposit or decline by the 15th. Those of us who haven't just remain on the list. The importance of that date to us is that if those who were admitted decide not to go to Duke, spots might open up for us.


ohhhhhh ok that makes way more sense haha I don't know why I jumped to such a crazy conclusion :lol:


BECAUSE THIS IS SO STRESSFUL AND MAKING US CRAZY AND WHY OH WHY DUKE ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME WHEN I LOVE YOU SO MUCH?!?!??!!?!?!?

Or something like that, idk. Staying calm. :oops:

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3032
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby Hikikomorist » Wed May 06, 2015 4:11 pm

Has it just been people on PR accepted so far?

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby usn26 » Wed May 06, 2015 4:22 pm

If anyone has been taken of the regular WL I haven't seen it on TLS. (Maybe you could glean something on LSN? I'm LSN illiterate.)

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Wed May 06, 2015 4:24 pm

usn26 wrote:If anyone has been taken of the regular WL I haven't seen it on TLS. (Maybe you could glean something on LSN? I'm LSN illiterate.)


LSN doesn't differentiate between WL and PR. I haven't seen or heard anyone reporting acceptance from the WL yet, either.

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Duke Law Waitlist Class of 2018 Thread

Postby usn26 » Wed May 06, 2015 4:28 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
usn26 wrote:If anyone has been taken of the regular WL I haven't seen it on TLS. (Maybe you could glean something on LSN? I'm LSN illiterate.)


LSN doesn't differentiate between WL and PR. I haven't seen or heard anyone reporting acceptance from the WL yet, either.


I'm thinking you could look into the profiles to see if they specified?

But I mean I'm spiraling into neurotic applicant mode and that's too much effort even for me.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, carlos_danger, Christinabruin, JazzyMac, nahmjun, potatocowpower and 10 guests