EMORY WAITLIST Class of 2018

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
KGLaw18

Re: EMORY WAITLIST Class of 2018

Postby KGLaw18 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:19 pm

BM_1993 wrote:Everyone else get the 'Thank you for joining our waitlist...' e-mail? Keeping the hope alive...

+1

I thought that was really nice of them to keep us informed. Especially seeing how other schools have handled this process, it makes me appreciate (and hope for that yes from) Emory even more!

Danimals18

Postby Danimals18 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Last edited by Danimals18 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aeu8690

Postby aeu8690 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:52 pm

also got the e-mail. Still not entirely sure what the advantage of being on priority wait list is. Anyone have any idea?

aeu8690

Postby aeu8690 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Also, is anyone on GW's wait list? And, if so did you get the wait list e-mail on friday about continued interest?

itskevin

Postby itskevin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:45 pm

Got the email earlier today. PW here. Hoping for a decision soon!

applicant4321

Postby applicant4321 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:12 am

aeu8690 wrote:also got the e-mail. Still not entirely sure what the advantage of being on priority wait list is. Anyone have any idea?

I guess you didn't go to the priority event at Emory, but it was made pretty clear at the event that the people on the priority waitlist have "priority" over the regular waitlist. They aren't giving the regular waitlist a closer look until the priority waitlist is used up. The dean said there are a few people put on the regular waitlist that still might get in with the priority candidates.
Hope that clears it up.. I think its definitely possible to get in off the regular waitlist you just have to decide if its worth the price tag.

edit: I think if you e-mail the dean and ask him where you stand he will be as honest as he can be with you.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:44 am

That is very different from the WL description from GULC last week. The message there was to think of it as a round 2 in the admissions cycle, just with much less candidates. It wasn't good news for anyone on the GULC preferred WL who was thinking it would work like Emory. Then money was asked (smh), and the message seemed to be GULC WL should expect to pay full sticker. But, financial Aid office is always open.

I know there are people on WL's hoping for some merit money, but it is May in a few days. I would think all the money is gone, and you have to be realistic.

I want to attend XXX Law School, and pay full sticker, and that is why I am on the WL until the 99th of xxx when I have to sign my lease.

If you get offered some money, it should be bonus for a decision already made in your mind to attend. To sit on the WL and hope for a 75% merit award plus a free t-shirt in your correct size, in imho, asking too much. Cynical or pessimistic, it might sound, but I think it's realistic. Just like housing options. All of us on the WL should already know some of the housing options and put them into our notes. There is just too much money, debt and 3 years of your life involved in a decision like this to not take the time and have it all considered.

hoosier41

Postby hoosier41 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:34 pm

Just checking in. Has anyone heard about any movement?

LadyProspero

Postby LadyProspero » Wed May 13, 2015 1:00 pm

hoosier41 wrote:Just checking in. Has anyone heard about any movement?
Priority waitlisted on 3/25. Haven't heard anything since. At least one person has already got in off the PW though, but haven't heard about any others. Have largely decided to sit out a cycle, but hoping for some WL movement soon so I can finalize my decisions.

lawlife123

Postby lawlife123 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:09 am

I got in off the priority waitlist about 3 weeks ago--sorry for the delayed post (just got back from Europe). Emory gave me a decent scholarship and I will definitely be attending this fall. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Mon May 18, 2015 11:11 am

lawlife123 wrote:I got in off the priority waitlist about 3 weeks ago--sorry for the delayed post (just got back from Europe). Emory gave me a decent scholarship and I will definitely be attending this fall. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

GRATS

Did you get a call or email?

lawlife123

Postby lawlife123 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:19 am

storpappa wrote:
lawlife123 wrote:I got in off the priority waitlist about 3 weeks ago--sorry for the delayed post (just got back from Europe). Emory gave me a decent scholarship and I will definitely be attending this fall. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

GRATS

They called me about 4 hours before my flight to Europe. Fortunately, they were SUPER accommodating with my international travels and communication was not a problem.

hoosier41

Postby hoosier41 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:21 am

lawlife123 wrote:
storpappa wrote:

GRATS

They called me about 4 hours before my flight to Europe. Fortunately, they were SUPER accommodating with my international travels and communication was not a problem.

Did you submit a LOCI?

lawlife123

Postby lawlife123 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:31 am

hoosier41 wrote:
lawlife123 wrote:
storpappa wrote:

GRATS

Did you submit a LOCI?

Yes. I submitted it the day after I was waitlisted

aeu8690

Postby aeu8690 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:08 pm

anybody get a phone call from emory admissions today asking if they were still interested in attending Emory?

LadyProspero

Postby LadyProspero » Tue May 26, 2015 1:44 pm

aeu8690 wrote:anybody get a phone call from emory admissions today asking if they were still interested in attending Emory?
I have not.

liberalartslawyer

Postby liberalartslawyer » Tue May 26, 2015 2:10 pm

aeu8690 wrote:anybody get a phone call from emory admissions today asking if they were still interested in attending Emory?

I did. I'm on the priority wait list - they seemed to indicate that they will be making decisions soon.

aeu8690

Postby aeu8690 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:03 pm

liberalartslawyer wrote:

I did. I'm on the priority wait list - they seemed to indicate that they will be making decisions soon.

I feel like that means an acceptance. GW did the same thing with me the other week, and i was accepted two days later. I'm holding out just in case the unlikely event they offer some kind of scholarship happens.

aeu8690

Postby aeu8690 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:06 pm

storpappa wrote:That is very different from the WL description from GULC last week. The message there was to think of it as a round 2 in the admissions cycle, just with much less candidates. It wasn't good news for anyone on the GULC preferred WL who was thinking it would work like Emory. Then money was asked (smh), and the message seemed to be GULC WL should expect to pay full sticker. But, financial Aid office is always open.

I know there are people on WL's hoping for some merit money, but it is May in a few days. I would think all the money is gone, and you have to be realistic.

I want to attend XXX Law School, and pay full sticker, and that is why I am on the WL until the 99th of xxx when I have to sign my lease.

If you get offered some money, it should be bonus for a decision already made in your mind to attend. To sit on the WL and hope for a 75% merit award plus a free t-shirt in your correct size, in imho, asking too much. Cynical or pessimistic, it might sound, but I think it's realistic. Just like housing options. All of us on the WL should already know some of the housing options and put them into our notes. There is just too much money, debt and 3 years of your life involved in a decision like this to not take the time and have it all considered.

Anyone else think this dude sounds like a huge fuck face?

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Tue May 26, 2015 5:18 pm

aeu8690 wrote:
storpappa wrote:That is very different from the WL description from GULC last week. The message there was to think of it as a round 2 in the admissions cycle, just with much less candidates. It wasn't good news for anyone on the GULC preferred WL who was thinking it would work like Emory. Then money was asked (smh), and the message seemed to be GULC WL should expect to pay full sticker. But, financial Aid office is always open.

probably his mom .... but then again if you read your 6 posts and his 1,000+, you can get an idea of how big a fuck face he is ....

aeu8690

Postby aeu8690 » Tue May 26, 2015 5:49 pm

storpappa wrote:
aeu8690 wrote:

probably his mom .... but then again if you read your 6 posts and his 1,000+, you can get an idea of how big a fuck face he is ....

are all 1,000 of them you stating something really obvious in a long passage and sounding really obnoxious and condescending? fuck face.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Tue May 26, 2015 6:11 pm

Thats Mr. fuck face to you madam

hoosier41

Postby hoosier41 » Tue May 26, 2015 6:23 pm

This just wrecked my day.

aeu8690

Postby aeu8690 » Tue May 26, 2015 6:32 pm

hoosier41 wrote:

I'm really sorry. That was never my intention, I just wanted to verify if it was a phone call to everyone on PW or just a select few. I wouldn't lose hope yet. It is still early, and I think there will be a lot of movement after the second deposit. Also, no guarantee that i will be accepted or that I will accept.

hoosier41

Postby hoosier41 » Tue May 26, 2015 6:35 pm

aeu8690 wrote:
hoosier41 wrote:

I'm really sorry. That was never my intention, I just wanted to verify if it was a phone call to everyone on PW or just a select few. I wouldn't lose hope yet. It is still early, and I think there will be a lot of movement after the second deposit. Also, no guarantee that i will be accepted or that I will accept.

I'm on the PW and didn't get a phone call today. Honestly I'd rather know that there is at least movement for someone than not know anything at all, so thanks for checking in.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”