Loyola Chicago vs Kent Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
b.j.

Bronze

Re: Loyola Chicago vs Kent

Post by b.j. » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:47 pm

saxwizerd wrote:
luckynumber8s wrote:How is paying 100K+ worth a piece of toilet paper stamped with "JD, Kent 2011" ??
Wait... is this xoxo? I must be in the wrong place...

As far as the OP's question goes, I've applied to both, and what I've come to think is that Kent might just be the better value. They have a unique (as in very very good) legal writing program.
What makes the legal writing program so good? I don't mean this as an argumentative question. I'm genuinely curious.

abceasy

New

Post by abceasy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:20 am

b.j. wrote:
saxwizerd wrote:
luckynumber8s wrote:How is paying 100K+ worth a piece of toilet paper stamped with "JD, Kent 2011" ??

As far as the OP's question goes, I've applied to both, and what I've come to think is that Kent might just be the better value. They have a unique (as in very very good) legal writing program.
What makes the legal writing program so good? I don't mean this as an argumentative question. I'm genuinely curious.
I'm guessing not a whole lot...probably an important skill you learn at any school. Here's the USNWR rankings of legal writing programs. You'll see that JMLS is on here, but neither Kent nor any other Chi-town school makes the top 10:

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... al-writing

thinkbig

Bronze

Post by thinkbig » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:55 pm

[quote="abceasy"][/quote]

Good comments. I agree.

thinkbig

Bronze

Post by thinkbig » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:57 pm

b.j. wrote:
saxwizerd wrote:

I think just the fact that they require you to take legal writing all 3 years (unlike most schools, which require only 1 year). Obviously, this will give you more instruction and practice in legal writing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”