Columbia Reserve Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ulfrekr

Bronze

Re: Columbia Reserve

Post by Ulfrekr » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:41 pm

I find it odd that I'm in at Chicago, Reserved at CLS, and have heard absolutely nothing in months from NYU. Can anyone back me up on this? That's weird, right?

lawhooligan

New

Post by lawhooligan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:48 pm

I actually haven't heard from either, but NYU strikes me as surprising since a) my file was complete late nov and b) I've heard from other places where I had less of a chance (ie penn).

I guess we just wait...not so patiently...

RenerzSan

New

Post by RenerzSan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:53 pm

ulfrekr: seems like we're in a similar situation. i'm in at chicago, haven't heard from either columbia or nyu (though i suspect there's a reserve letter from columbia sitting in my mailbox right now).

it's incredibly frustrating since nyu and columbia are my top choices.

gmail

Silver

Post by gmail » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:54 pm

Reserve at Columbia!!!

I am excited as hell because my numbers have ding all over them. This is the first I've heard back from a school yet. Columbia: prepare your mailbox cause I'm about to bombard you slutmuffins!

Arbit

New

Post by Arbit » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:56 pm

i'm in at chicago, haven't heard from either columbia or nyu (though i suspect there's a reserve letter from columbia sitting in my mailbox right now)
I'm in exactly the same situation. Eerie.
Last edited by Arbit on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RenerzSan

New

Post by RenerzSan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:59 pm

arbit: what are your stats, if you're willing to share.

Ulfrekr

Bronze

Post by Ulfrekr » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:04 pm

Too weird, although it's good to know that others are in the same boat.

lawhooligan

New

Post by lawhooligan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:06 pm

the s.s. minnow...

Ulfrekr

Bronze

Post by Ulfrekr » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:14 pm

haha...apt.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

awesomerossum

New

Post by awesomerossum » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:17 pm

Reserve at Columbia!!!

I am excited as hell because my numbers have ding all over them. This is the first I've heard back from a school yet. Columbia: prepare your mailbox cause I'm about to bombard you slutmuffins!
Me too.

And I completely agree wth your reasoning, and Columbia: prepare for double bombardments of mailings!

I'm heading to NYC toward the end of the month. We'll see if I can turn some heads:)

charchar

New

Post by charchar » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:20 pm

Got that letter today too! why do they call it a "reserve" any way?? it does sound like a cheap bottle of wine...
I guess I'm going to have to drive down to the city soon!

awesomerossum

New

Post by awesomerossum » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:23 pm

"particular attention is focused on recent developments–such as final term grades, thesis evaluations, election to Phi Beta Kappa, departmental honors, professional advancements, or other awards bestowed for scholarship, leadership or service."
The good thing is that, as a student still in college, I can accomplish all these things.

Yes.

gmail

Silver

Post by gmail » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:29 pm

awesomerossum wrote:
"particular attention is focused on recent developments–such as final term grades, thesis evaluations, election to Phi Beta Kappa, departmental honors, professional advancements, or other awards bestowed for scholarship, leadership or service."
The good thing is that, as a student still in college, I can accomplish all these things.

Yes.
14th amendment
Last edited by gmail on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cc0800

New

Post by cc0800 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:34 pm

ug. columbia plays dirty, i've gotten at least 4-5 pieces of mail with a fee waiver and i don't have a shot in hell

awesomerossum

New

Post by awesomerossum » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:43 pm

Being out of college, I am limited to "professional advancements." Well, actually, I am taking a class at the community college. I wonder the scales can be tipped by an incomprehensible recommendation from my barely-English speaking French instructor...?

Good luck, my friend : )

I'm taking a law course this semester, and the professor already wants to write me a rec.

Yes, yes, yes.

stavand

New

Post by stavand » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:44 pm

Ok I'm frustrated now. I submitted my application in late september, i believe it was complete in october. I have heard nothing from Columbia, and I want an answer... Any answer. Accept, Reject, Reserve whatever. I just hate calling my house every day and asking if something came in the mail for me and my parents answering no.

172/3.75

RenerzSan

New

Post by RenerzSan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:46 pm

stavand: doesn't columbia send notifications to your current address? (as opposed to permanent address)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

stavand

New

Post by stavand » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:48 pm

RenerzSan wrote:stavand: doesn't columbia send notifications to your current address? (as opposed to permanent address)
I put my current address as my permanent address because I studied abroad last semester and my school's mail system sucks. I used the common app function of LSACs and since all my other acceptances have gone to my house, I am assuming it works.

RenerzSan

New

Post by RenerzSan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:50 pm

i see. well, if i remember correctly, you're in at a whole bunch of schools i'm dying to be in...so i hope you get good news from columbia too!

gmail

Silver

Post by gmail » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:51 pm

Wow. Just looked at lsn. Getting in off the waitlist shall be quite the challenge.

stavand

New

Post by stavand » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:52 pm

RenerzSan wrote:i see. well, if i remember correctly, you're in at a whole bunch of schools i'm dying to be in...so i hope you get good news from columbia too!
Thanks. I know I shouldn't be complaining. I'm not trying to say that life is unfair or anything, cause it's been more than fair to me. I'm just frustrated and venting a bit

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RenerzSan

New

Post by RenerzSan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:53 pm

haha. yeah i know the feeling stavand. hang in there. i'm sure some news will come soon. and worst case scenario you got a ton of awesome places to choose from already. :D best of luck.

joonbug

Bronze

Post by joonbug » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:00 pm

GUYS!!!!

GOOD LUCK!

No seriously, if you think about it, Reserve isn't that bad. You'll have another reason to finish your senior year strong, and based on what we see here, a lot of good people are getting reserved. I guess that means you are part of the "good crew."

Down but not out, let's keep the hope up and play the game that Columbia is playing.

the rza

Bronze

Post by the rza » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:49 pm

count me in

fearlesscowboy

New

Post by fearlesscowboy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:15 pm

Just for clarification: "reserve" is equivalent to a "hold" or basically a deferral and we'll look at your apps in April? Reserve does not mean WL, right?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”