IF YOU DON'T INTEND TO ENROLL... Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
FirmBiz

Bronze

Re: IF YOU DON'T INTEND TO ENROLL...

Post by FirmBiz » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:04 am

I would like to say that the same should apply to those on waiting lists who have no intention of going to the waitlisted school. Don't hold up the process for others and please withdraw.

Hikari

Bronze

Re: Waitlist PSA

Post by Hikari » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:09 am

Kinky John wrote:
LegaleZy wrote: Dear Admissions Committee,

Every year applicants such as myself apply to many excellent law schools such as yours. Unfortunately, I cannot attend every fine institution that I applied to, and I regret to inform you that you have not been selected for my Fall 2018 academic year. Thank you for considering me as an applicant, and best wishes for all of your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

ETA: This was taken from a thread with a list of WL withdraw email templates
:lol:
I can't :lol:

MadwomanintheAttic

Bronze

Post by MadwomanintheAttic » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Bump

LegaleZy

New

Post by LegaleZy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:09 pm

bump

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:11 pm

Nah I disagree with OP, don't withdraw until you know you can't use other schollies/acceptances for leverage anymore

don't be pressured to withdraw

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:15 pm

^^ Yeah I agree. But fwiw I withdrew all of my acceptances and from WLs.

FirmBiz

Bronze

Post by FirmBiz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:28 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:Nah I disagree with OP, don't withdraw until you know you can't use other schollies/acceptances for leverage anymore

I agree with this, however at least in my case, the school's I've negotiated with havent asked for actual proof of the leverage.

tkim88

Bronze

Post by tkim88 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:37 am

Please withdraw if you don't intend to enroll for those of us on waitlists. :P :P

BillClinton Jr

Bronze

Post by BillClinton Jr » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:48 am

tkim88 wrote:Please withdraw if you don't intend to enroll for those of us on waitlists. :P :P
+1
That's essentially all we wanted/cared about lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tkim88

Bronze

Post by tkim88 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:18 pm

:D

Eastboundndown

New

Post by Eastboundndown » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:12 am

FirmBiz wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:Nah I disagree with OP, don't withdraw until you know you can't use other schollies/acceptances for leverage anymore

I agree with this, however at least in my case, the school's I've negotiated with havent asked for actual proof of the leverage.
Every T14 school I dealt with requested documentation. Listen to Mack if you're still in that spot

LegaleZy

New

Post by LegaleZy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:52 am

I'm trying to figure out where I insinuated that if the school was still useful to you then you should withdraw.
My thread is specifically for those who are riding WL who A) have been accepted who will not attend if accepted and/or B) the school is not useful for negotiation. There are people who made solid plans for the fall riding WL or holding onto acceptances simply because they haven't gotten to around to emailing admissions and withdrawing. PEOPLE THAT FALL INTO THAT CATEGORY: WITHDRAW! Please and thank you

BillClinton Jr

Bronze

Post by BillClinton Jr » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:43 pm

LegaleZy wrote:

I'm trying to figure out where I insinuated that if the school was still useful to you then you should withdraw.
My thread is specifically for those who are riding WL who A) have been accepted who will not attend if accepted and/or B) the school is not useful for negotiation. There are people who made solid plans for the fall riding WL or holding onto acceptances simply because they haven't gotten to around to emailing admissions and withdrawing. PEOPLE THAT FALL INTO THAT CATEGORY: WITHDRAW! Please and thank you
+1 PREACH!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tkim88

Bronze

Post by tkim88 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:38 pm

+1

BillClinton Jr

Bronze

Post by BillClinton Jr » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:11 am

June 15 means 2nd seat deposits at a few places! Good luck to all my fellow wait-list riders :lol: :lol: :lol:

JTIII

New

Post by JTIII » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:51 am

Post Removed
Last edited by JTIII on Tue May 24, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FirmBiz

Bronze

Post by FirmBiz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:55 pm

JTIII wrote:If I'm not mistaken, June 15 is also the date where law schools get a report listing names of individuals who have deposited at multiple schools. This could also be good for the WL folks.
Again? I thought that was May 15th

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BillClinton Jr

Bronze

Post by BillClinton Jr » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:23 pm

Yeahhhhhh...I'm pretty sure that was only May 15 but here's to hoping some type of pressue causes more movement for us

JTIII

New

Post by JTIII » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:34 pm

Post Removed
Last edited by JTIII on Tue May 24, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auxilio

Silver

Post by Auxilio » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:46 pm

Yeah as someone who benefited from this WL negotiation, definitely do not see the rush. Also, people seem to think withdrawing from WL is more important than earlier in admissions cycle and I just do not get it. WL generally require a very quick answer so either you say yes when they offer immediately (obviously should not have withdrawn) or you say no when they call/a couple days later (so very little if any impact on when next in line hears decision).

On the other hand earlier in the cycle (when people do not seem to put pressure on people to withdraw) it can make a huge difference if you withdraw from someone that you will never attend/no negotiation use in after being accepted.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”