Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Stage are you at?

No JS1
57
41%
Pre-Waitlist JS1
27
20%
Post-Waitlist JS1
14
10%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and Rejection
0
No votes
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS1b
1
1%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS2
17
12%
Rejection
3
2%
Post Waitlist JS1 Rejection
1
1%
Post Waitlist JS1 and JS2
18
13%
 
Total votes: 138

JustMe83
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:40 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby JustMe83 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:25 am

MajinBuu wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:^youll get in lol


based on last year the most likely thing is probably another wave in a week, but I'm hoping they continue to change it up and theres more action this week :D


Really hope that last part's true!


I'm being naively optimistic about some post-wl action today too. Not sure how much longer I should wait but I'll probably stick around till the next JS2 wave, whenever that may be. At this point I don't feel like there's a ton to lose by waiting this out, just marginally worse housing options at the school I'm deposited at the longer I hold out. I can't quit you, Harvard

Hikari
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Hikari » Thu May 21, 2015 7:53 am

JustMe83 wrote:
MajinBuu wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:^youll get in lol


based on last year the most likely thing is probably another wave in a week, but I'm hoping they continue to change it up and theres more action this week :D


Really hope that last part's true!


I'm being naively optimistic about some post-wl action today too. Not sure how much longer I should wait but I'll probably stick around till the next JS2 wave, whenever that may be. At this point I don't feel like there's a ton to lose by waiting this out, just marginally worse housing options at the school I'm deposited at the longer I hold out. I can't quit you, Harvard


Fingers crossed for this! :-)

Cinderella24
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:52 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Cinderella24 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:24 am

w0w wrote:
The thinker wrote:Anyone else just hoping not to get rejected without a js1 at this point ? Haha



Same here! I'm just below both medians so I don't really think they need me for anything. I'm not counting on getting in. But I'll wait it out, as stressful as it is not to have a concrete plan for the fall.


+1
What you must do JS, do it soon.

hayagreeva
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:24 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby hayagreeva » Thu May 21, 2015 11:13 am

Hi, everyone. Checking in after a long time. (My 5 seconds of fame was starting the movement to get the HLS applicant thread to 180 so as to trigger an ill-fated, hypothetical wave of JS2s.) I want to convey a heartfelt "thank you" to this community for keeping me company in my patience and impatience, my hope and despair, our fighting human spirit.

That said, I got the JS2 yesterday! :D :D :D

Details:
Pre-waitlist JS1
Got the call post business hours (after 5 ET)
25>GPA>50>LSAT>75

It's been a LONG process, but I look forward to meeting many of you in the fall. ...and again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all and BEST OF LUCK TO THOSE STILL WAITING!

PM me if you have questions.

Hikari
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Hikari » Thu May 21, 2015 11:26 am

hayagreeva wrote:Hi, everyone. Checking in after a long time. (My 5 seconds of fame was starting the movement to get the HLS applicant thread to 180 so as to trigger an ill-fated, hypothetical wave of JS2s.) I want to convey a heartfelt "thank you" to this community for keeping me company in my patience and impatience, my hope and despair, our fighting human spirit.

That said, I got the JS2 yesterday! :D :D :D

Details:
Pre-waitlist JS1
Got the call post business hours (after 5 ET)
25>GPA>50>LSAT>75

It's been a LONG process, but I look forward to meeting many of you in the fall. ...and again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all and BEST OF LUCK TO THOSE STILL WAITING!

PM me if you have questions.


Congrats Haya!

7/11
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 11:40 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby 7/11 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:43 am

YAY HAYA!

Predictions for today? Hard to believe they got through the fusing of all JS1bs and JS2s for this point now, each convo and potentially calling back must have been time consuming

Hikari
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Hikari » Thu May 21, 2015 12:11 pm

So are people accepting/declining offers within days of their phone call?
I hope we can see some JS1 soon. I won't be surprised if some people in earlier cycles were offered but ultimately unable to attend on short notice.

Hikari
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Hikari » Thu May 21, 2015 12:13 pm

We need an updated poll!
Pylon, have you sobered up yet! :-)

User avatar
pylon
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby pylon » Thu May 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Hikari wrote:We need an updated poll!
Pylon, have you sobered up yet! :-)

Hahaha I think the OP (thinker) is the only one who can change the poll :P

I'm really hoping everyone gets good news soon! And keep hope, at least until mid-June! There will definitely be at least one, and maybe two more moderately sized waves before this is all over. Good luck!

User avatar
Kosmopol
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:47 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Kosmopol » Thu May 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Alright, it looks like I actually did get a JS2. :D

Pre-WL JS1, LSAT at median, GPA below median.
Last edited by Kosmopol on Thu May 21, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pylon
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby pylon » Thu May 21, 2015 1:05 pm

Oh also to answer your question Hikari: No, not yet. :lol:

dreams2020
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:41 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby dreams2020 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:59 pm

The thinker wrote:Anyone else just hoping not to get rejected without a js1 at this point ? Haha


It'd just be nice to have one more shot of adding something good to the file. Otherwise it'l have been all this stress and waiting when I wasn't even close. Oh well. This thread is fun to watch regardless. On the days calls go out its nearly as bad as the threads on LSAT release dates.

Hikari
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Hikari » Thu May 21, 2015 3:34 pm

pylon wrote:Oh also to answer your question Hikari: No, not yet. :lol:


Lol enjoy. U deserve it!

tfarunner
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby tfarunner » Fri May 22, 2015 8:44 am

Based on previous cycles, when are we expecting the next wave of JS1s? Just curious if people think it seems like a lot of JS2s went out this week and there will be few spots, or are things this cycle pretty similar to previous years?

User avatar
Comma.Split
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:22 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Comma.Split » Fri May 22, 2015 9:07 am

tfarunner wrote:Based on previous cycles, when are we expecting the next wave of JS1s? Just curious if people think it seems like a lot of JS2s went out this week and there will be few spots, or are things this cycle pretty similar to previous years?


I think the numbers are similar to the previous year. If last year is any indicator, next JS1 wave will happen in the next two weeks. Based on my gut feeling, however, we will see it today!

tfarunner
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby tfarunner » Fri May 22, 2015 10:13 am

Comma.Split wrote:
tfarunner wrote:Based on previous cycles, when are we expecting the next wave of JS1s? Just curious if people think it seems like a lot of JS2s went out this week and there will be few spots, or are things this cycle pretty similar to previous years?


I think the numbers are similar to the previous year. If last year is any indicator, next JS1 wave will happen in the next two weeks. Based on my gut feeling, however, we will see it today!



I really hope you are right. I think I'm getting a stomach ulcer from all this waiting...

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Fri May 22, 2015 10:41 am

No slots open yet :(

User avatar
Comma.Split
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:22 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Comma.Split » Fri May 22, 2015 10:51 am

Mack.Hambleton wrote:No slots open yet :(


This makes perfect sense. They must be waiting for the recently accepted people to accept/decline offers before doing another wave. Does anyone mind sharing how much time they gave you to decide?

bluesteel
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:53 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby bluesteel » Fri May 22, 2015 11:00 am

do you think post-waitlist JS1s who didn't get a JS2 will get dings soon? Or do you think we have a chance in the next wave of JS2s?

Cinderella24
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:52 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Cinderella24 » Fri May 22, 2015 11:05 am

Comma.Split wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:No slots open yet :(


This makes perfect sense. They must be waiting for the recently accepted people to accept/decline offers before doing another wave. Does anyone mind sharing how much time they gave you to decide?


Agreed. That info would be useful.

User avatar
crookedjaws
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:48 pm

________________

Postby crookedjaws » Fri May 22, 2015 11:55 am

_________________________
Last edited by crookedjaws on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

tfarunner
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby tfarunner » Fri May 22, 2015 11:58 am

crookedjaws wrote:
bluesteel wrote:do you think post-waitlist JS1s who didn't get a JS2 will get dings soon? Or do you think we have a chance in the next wave of JS2s?


This past wave of JS2s were mostly pre-WL JS1s. The next wave of JS2s will likely be mostly post-WL J1s, so we definitely have "a chance" in the next wave! :mrgreen:



Do you think that spells trouble for those of us that haven't gotten a JS1 yet?

User avatar
crookedjaws
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:48 pm

_________________

Postby crookedjaws » Fri May 22, 2015 12:12 pm

_________________________
Last edited by crookedjaws on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

The thinker
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby The thinker » Fri May 22, 2015 12:18 pm

tfarunner wrote:
crookedjaws wrote:
bluesteel wrote:do you think post-waitlist JS1s who didn't get a JS2 will get dings soon? Or do you think we have a chance in the next wave of JS2s?


This past wave of JS2s were mostly pre-WL JS1s. The next wave of JS2s will likely be mostly post-WL J1s, so we definitely have "a chance" in the next wave! :mrgreen:



Do you think that spells trouble for those of us that haven't gotten a JS1 yet?


Not being in the first wave of js1 cannot be a good thing but it might not be necessarily bad

The thinker
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby The thinker » Fri May 22, 2015 12:19 pm

Hikari wrote:We need an updated poll!
Pylon, have you sobered up yet! :-)


What do you suggest?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: zeglo and 5 guests