Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Stage are you at?

No JS1
57
41%
Pre-Waitlist JS1
27
20%
Post-Waitlist JS1
14
10%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and Rejection
0
No votes
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS1b
1
1%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS2
17
12%
Rejection
3
2%
Post Waitlist JS1 Rejection
1
1%
Post Waitlist JS1 and JS2
18
13%
 
Total votes: 138

MustaphaMond
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:59 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby MustaphaMond » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:04 pm

qwertyTLS wrote:i know the mindset to be in for a waitlist is make other plans and if harvard calls it's a nice surprise. but i can't help but still think harvard is an option (which makes me less satisfied with my alternatives), even as i decide where to deposit. only a few more days until they (hopefully) start reviewing files...


+1

Hikari
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Hikari » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:59 pm

qwertyTLS wrote:i know the mindset to be in for a waitlist is make other plans and if harvard calls it's a nice surprise. but i can't help but still think harvard is an option (which makes me less satisfied with my alternatives), even as i decide where to deposit. only a few more days until they (hopefully) start reviewing files...


I hear you. I can only imagine the feeling.
I on the other hand only applied to HLS and it does not make it easier.


Can anyone explain how the financial aid process work? Have u all on the waitlist applied for need access/FAFSA? And is there a downside to apply only after hearing back from schools?

qwertyTLS
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:06 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby qwertyTLS » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:17 pm

Hikari wrote:
qwertyTLS wrote:i know the mindset to be in for a waitlist is make other plans and if harvard calls it's a nice surprise. but i can't help but still think harvard is an option (which makes me less satisfied with my alternatives), even as i decide where to deposit. only a few more days until they (hopefully) start reviewing files...


I hear you. I can only imagine the feeling.
I on the other hand only applied to HLS and it does not make it easier.

yikes, that takes guts... any specific reason just the one school?

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:40 pm

Hikari wrote:I on the other hand only applied to HLS and it does not make it easier.



lol wut

User avatar
White Dwarf
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:54 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby White Dwarf » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:56 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
Hikari wrote:I on the other hand only applied to HLS and it does not make it easier.



lol wut


+1

That's just silly.

mernburg
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby mernburg » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:26 pm

I really hope they start reviewing our apps soon, the wait is killing me

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:31 pm

mernburg wrote:I really hope they start reviewing our apps soon, the wait is killing me


could have movement next week

stoopkid13
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:31 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby stoopkid13 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:54 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
mernburg wrote:I really hope they start reviewing our apps soon, the wait is killing me


could have movement next week


IIRC last cycle they started with people that had already had a JS1. Post-WL JS1s didn't go out until later?

User avatar
andthenIwaslike
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby andthenIwaslike » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:03 pm

Last year JS1s started on page 18 of the waitlist thread. Let's do this, only six to go!

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:11 pm

stoopkid13 wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:
mernburg wrote:I really hope they start reviewing our apps soon, the wait is killing me


could have movement next week


IIRC last cycle they started with people that had already had a JS1. Post-WL JS1s didn't go out until later?


first movement of any kind last cycle was JS1s going out on may 6th (first tuesday after deadline). Mid may were first JS2s but I think it was mixed between post and pre WL JS1s

User avatar
tonysoprano
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:22 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby tonysoprano » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:38 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
stoopkid13 wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:
mernburg wrote:I really hope they start reviewing our apps soon, the wait is killing me


could have movement next week


IIRC last cycle they started with people that had already had a JS1. Post-WL JS1s didn't go out until later?


first movement of any kind last cycle was JS1s going out on may 6th (first tuesday after deadline). Mid may were first JS2s but I think it was mixed between post and pre WL JS1s

I think this was said somewhere earlier in the thread but does anyone remember when the first WL rejections went out?

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:12 pm

not for awhile, june 17th

User avatar
tonysoprano
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:22 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby tonysoprano » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:28 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:not for awhile, june 17th

Thanks

User avatar
MajinBuu
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:52 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby MajinBuu » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:28 am

Looks like there are open interview slots for next week - maybe they're getting closer to looking back at the wait list!

swaggn
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby swaggn » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:25 am

Checking in after lurking for far too long.

Good luck everyone!!

Cinderella24
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:52 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Cinderella24 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:25 am

MajinBuu wrote:Looks like there are open interview slots for next week - maybe they're getting closer to looking back at the wait list!


Wait! How do you know that?

The thinker
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby The thinker » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:42 am

Cinderella24 wrote:
MajinBuu wrote:Looks like there are open interview slots for next week - maybe they're getting closer to looking back at the wait list!


Wait! How do you know that?


probably a pre WL JS1 who has access to the online scheduling program

User avatar
MajinBuu
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:52 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby MajinBuu » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:53 am

The thinker wrote:
Cinderella24 wrote:
MajinBuu wrote:Looks like there are open interview slots for next week - maybe they're getting closer to looking back at the wait list!


Wait! How do you know that?


probably a pre WL JS1 who has access to the online scheduling program


Exactly that

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:08 pm

MajinBuu wrote:Looks like there are open interview slots for next week - maybe they're getting closer to looking back at the wait list!


HYPE

keep us updated pls

User avatar
wonka
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:02 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Four Winds
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Four Winds » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:07 pm

Everyone panic!

qwertyTLS
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:06 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby qwertyTLS » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:16 pm

omg awesome. hopefully it means they overestimated their yield from regular acceptances and are gearing up to have lots of interviews/acceptances off the waitlist.

(caveat - total speculation, could be nothing, i'm just trying to keep my hopes up)

mernburg
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby mernburg » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:21 pm

mwonka wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:
MajinBuu wrote:Looks like there are open interview slots for next week - maybe they're getting closer to looking back at the wait list!


HYPE

keep us updated pls


I can also watch this for you. Can confirm - a total of 9 interview slots appear to be open for May 5 & 6.


Maybe I'm being really hopeful but wouldn't the May 5th and 6th interview slots imply that they might contact some people at the end of this week? Or do they usually just give people a 1 day notice for the interview?

User avatar
trynalaw123
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:44 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby trynalaw123 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:31 pm

mernburg wrote:
mwonka wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:
MajinBuu wrote:Looks like there are open interview slots for next week - maybe they're getting closer to looking back at the wait list!


HYPE

keep us updated pls


I can also watch this for you. Can confirm - a total of 9 interview slots appear to be open for May 5 & 6.


Maybe I'm being really hopeful but wouldn't the May 5th and 6th interview slots imply that they might contact some people at the end of this week? Or do they usually just give people a 1 day notice for the interview?


Earlier in the cycle with normal JS1's they seemed to give people notice about a week ahead of time, so if they do end up filling those slots I think they would definitely contact those lucky waitlisters this week.

gocowboys
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:19 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby gocowboys » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Does anyone know if Harvard will accept June LSAT? I'm thinking of retaking to help my chances




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Cfitz, lawschool55, Long shot hero, mav1993, pantsuitchic, trueblue92 and 14 guests