Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Stage are you at?

No JS1
57
41%
Pre-Waitlist JS1
27
20%
Post-Waitlist JS1
14
10%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and Rejection
0
No votes
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS1b
1
1%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS2
17
12%
Rejection
3
2%
Post Waitlist JS1 Rejection
1
1%
Post Waitlist JS1 and JS2
18
13%
 
Total votes: 138

chicaicai
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby chicaicai » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:20 pm

checking in.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Nonconsecutive » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:04 pm

Best of luck everyone!

As has been made evident in threads past, HLS' waitlist moves quite a bit, so keep fighting the good fight!

User avatar
kadyevna
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby kadyevna » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:13 pm

is it necessary to write a LOCI? it wasnt mentioned anywhere in the letter? will it annoy them? any thoughts?

User avatar
Eladriel
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Eladriel » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:18 pm

kadyevna wrote:is it necessary to write a LOCI? it wasnt mentioned anywhere in the letter? will it annoy them? any thoughts?


Also, we're in good (or bad) company (depending upon your political persuasion):

"Harvard Law was a lofty perch, as privileged as it was competitive. It was no accident that the future Michelle Obama pressed ahead with her application after being waitlisted, or that she set out to make a difference."

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... RSunuHkqBU

Just think, any one of us could grow up to marry the next President of the United States.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Nonconsecutive » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:30 pm

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/admissions/2014/03/27/the-wait-list/

I would write a LOCI if it adds something of substance to your application. From conversations I've had, a boilerplate "WHY I WANT TO LOVE YOU LONG TIME" letter will be a waste of your time.

User avatar
andthenIwaslike
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby andthenIwaslike » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:18 pm

Hey y'all. No idea how long I'm riding this WL - losing a deposit's one thing, but breaking a lease seems like a headache and a half. ♪Agony♪

Question - and yes, I admit I only read a few pages of last year's 47-page waitlist thread before giving up and asking here - do we believe they give preference to those on the WL who've already had a JS1? I have to imagine it's easier to just decide to admit someone you've already spoken to than invite a whole new wave of people, do interviews, etc. Of course, I hope I'm wrong :)
Last edited by andthenIwaslike on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

liz9332
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:46 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby liz9332 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:32 pm

Checking in. I'll be depositing at my #2 but will be riding it out till the bitter end.

User avatar
pylon
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby pylon » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:34 am

*Re-posted here from the Applicant thread

Once again sorry/congrats to those who were WL'd these past few days!

Here is some information I hope you find useful, gathered from last-years thread. This gives some insight into the differences of WL before or after a JS1.

In 2013-14, there were 101 WL reported on TLS. Of these, 63 had not received JS1s prior to the WL, whereas 38 had already received JS1s.

Complete -> WL
Of the 63 reported, 22 received JS1s and 12 of those then received JS2s. Only 3 reported outright rejections. So, 35% received JS1s, and in total, 19% received JS2s. However of those that received JS1s, 55% eventually received JS2s.

Complete -> JS1 -> WL
Of the 38 reported WL who already had JS1s, 10 received JS2s. Only 3 reported outright rejections. For this group, 26% received acceptances.

Most individuals who ended up getting accepted off the WL found out in mid-to-late May, however acceptances did trickle out throughout the summer until August.

User avatar
pylon
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby pylon » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:37 am

andthenIwaslike wrote:Hey y'all. No idea how long I'm riding this WL - losing a deposit's one thing, but breaking a lease seems like a headache and a half. ♪Agony♪

Question - and yes, I admit I only read a few pages of last year's 47-page waitlist thread before giving up and asking here - do we believe they give preference to those on the WL who've already had a JS1? I have to imagine it's easier to just decide to admit someone you've already spoken to than invite a whole new wave of people, do interviews, etc. Of course, I hope I'm wrong :)

It seems like applicants have a better shot of acceptance if they have already received a JS1. However, if applicants receive a JS1 off of the WL, it appears they have a much higher chance. Sorry it's not that clear.

User avatar
Eladriel
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Eladriel » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:42 am

pylon wrote:
andthenIwaslike wrote:Hey y'all. No idea how long I'm riding this WL - losing a deposit's one thing, but breaking a lease seems like a headache and a half. ♪Agony♪

Question - and yes, I admit I only read a few pages of last year's 47-page waitlist thread before giving up and asking here - do we believe they give preference to those on the WL who've already had a JS1? I have to imagine it's easier to just decide to admit someone you've already spoken to than invite a whole new wave of people, do interviews, etc. Of course, I hope I'm wrong :)

It seems like applicants have a better shot of acceptance if they have already received a JS1. However, if applicants receive a JS1 off of the WL, it appears they have a much higher chance. Sorry it's not that clear.


You're doing god's work pylon.

User avatar
andthenIwaslike
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby andthenIwaslike » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:22 am

pylon wrote:*Re-posted here from the Applicant thread

Once again sorry/congrats to those who were WL'd these past few days!

Here is some information I hope you find useful, gathered from last-years thread. This gives some insight into the differences of WL before or after a JS1.

In 2013-14, there were 101 WL reported on TLS. Of these, 63 had not received JS1s prior to the WL, whereas 38 had already received JS1s.

Complete -> WL
Of the 63 reported, 22 received JS1s and 12 of those then received JS2s. Only 3 reported outright rejections. So, 35% received JS1s, and in total, 19% received JS2s. However of those that received JS1s, 55% eventually received JS2s.

Complete -> JS1 -> WL
Of the 38 reported WL who already had JS1s, 10 received JS2s. Only 3 reported outright rejections. For this group, 26% received acceptances.

Most individuals who ended up getting accepted off the WL found out in mid-to-late May, however acceptances did trickle out throughout the summer until August.


Yeah, this is fantastic. Thanks Pylon!

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:58 am

Checkin in

User avatar
LSATneurotic
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby LSATneurotic » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:07 am

Good luck, guys. I've been here, and i know how.frustrating it can be.

bertabound
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:42 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby bertabound » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:31 am

Checking in. I'll try to ride it out as long as I can but being an international kind of restricts how long that'll be.

ptz
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby ptz » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:39 am

Checking in.

The thinker
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby The thinker » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:41 am

Mack.Hambleton wrote:Checkin in


Damn not you too Mack

The thinker
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby The thinker » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:52 am

Anyone retaking the lsat in june? I've heard conflicting things about waitlist retakes

User avatar
Eladriel
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Eladriel » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:11 pm

The thinker wrote:Anyone retaking the lsat in june? I've heard conflicting things about waitlist retakes


I'm not but respect for anyone crazy enough to do that. Now if I could retake my GPA I would...

User avatar
altf4
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:17 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby altf4 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Checking in too y'all. It's gonna be a fun ride..

User avatar
universityof
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby universityof » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:25 pm

Eladriel wrote:
The thinker wrote:Anyone retaking the lsat in june? I've heard conflicting things about waitlist retakes


I'm not but respect for anyone crazy enough to do that. Now if I could retake my GPA I would...


+1 :cry:

User avatar
LSATneurotic
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby LSATneurotic » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:33 pm

I think y'all need to determine if cat avatars are still TCR on the wait list. Might be time to switch it up.

User avatar
Kosmopol
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:47 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Kosmopol » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:52 pm

Eladriel wrote:
The thinker wrote:Anyone retaking the lsat in june? I've heard conflicting things about waitlist retakes


I'm not but respect for anyone crazy enough to do that. Now if I could retake my GPA I would...


I might be tempted to try it if I hadn't taken it three times already.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:01 pm

The thinker wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:Checkin in


Damn not you too Mack


They got everyone

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby 90convoy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:05 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
The thinker wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:Checkin in


Damn not you too Mack


They got everyone


no ones safe

User avatar
MajinBuu
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:52 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby MajinBuu » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:20 pm

90convoy wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:
The thinker wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:Checkin in


Damn not you too Mack


They got everyone


no ones safe


Everyone's getting waitlisted it seems *sigh*




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acr, chasima, mccracal, Pomegranate27, taxman14 and 21 guests