Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Stage are you at?

No JS1
42%
Pre-Waitlist JS1
20%
Post-Waitlist JS1
9%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and Rejection
No votes
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS1b
1%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS2
11%
Rejection
2%
Post Waitlist JS1 Rejection
1%
Post Waitlist JS1 and JS2
13%

Total votes: 149

MustaphaMond

New

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Post by MustaphaMond » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:13 am

Auxilio wrote:
middlebear wrote:Hey, does anyone have any insight into why people have different waitlist messages? I don't have any of that language about not sending stuff in.

The email did not include that message, but the page that came up when you completed the "survey" included it.

Cinderella24

New

Post by Cinderella24 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:37 am

Checking in....sigh

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:00 am

mimiquestionmark wrote:Checking in on the WL train!

Are any of you fantasizing about ways to dramatically increase the strength of your application in the next 30 days lol I'm a KJD so I'm investigating fancy summer jobs to maybe nail down some more WE. Any of y'all have similar plans?
This haha. Also upset that my grades matter again:(

Cinderella24

New

Post by Cinderella24 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:04 am

90convoy wrote:

Are any of you fantasizing about ways to dramatically increase the strength of your application in the next 30 days lol I'm a KJD so I'm investigating fancy summer jobs to maybe nail down some more WE. Any of y'all have similar plans?
Maybe I'll write a book, discover the cure to cancer AND start a non profit? Would that help?

Blythe17

New

Post by Blythe17 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:21 am

90convoy wrote:

+1 so much

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

stoopkid13

Bronze

Post by stoopkid13 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:57 pm

Cinderella24 wrote:
90convoy wrote:

Maybe I'll write a book, discover the cure to cancer AND start a non profit? Would that help?
I know you're joking but if you could do that, why would you even need to go to law school?

Maybe that's the answer...don't go to law school.

meyer5541

New

Post by meyer5541 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:43 pm

Anyone have any sense as to when the earliest someone can hear is? Also, is waiting until May to send in updated transcripts OK? Or would that be too late?

meyer5541

New

Post by meyer5541 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:43 pm

meyer5541 wrote:Anyone have any sense as to when the earliest someone can hear is? Also, is waiting until May to send in updated transcripts OK? Or would that be too late?
Also, how do you go about sending an updated transcript? Is there somewhere on LSAC you do it?

Pandongzi

New

Post by Pandongzi » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:10 pm

Hey everyone -- quick question: I plan on submitting an update that draws attention to a promotion at work and one or two other notable developments. What's the best format for submitting this information? An updated resume? A resume addendum (if you can call it that)? Or a paragraph-length statement that identifies what has taken place over the last 4-5 months?

Thanks in advance for the input! Sending good vibes to everyone on the waitlist.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lsapp2015

New

Post by lsapp2015 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:12 pm

Checking in as well~
Last edited by lsapp2015 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spencer.414

New

Post by spencer.414 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:15 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:riding it out. most not likely attending, if given the chance, for logistical reasons. as all of us special snowflakes know, it would be nice to know i turned down harvard.
you should not do that. there are people who really want to get in so taking your name off is the right thing to do if you're going to turn down an offer anyways.

The thinker

Bronze

Post by The thinker » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:24 pm

spencer.414 wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:riding it out. most not likely attending, if given the chance, for logistical reasons. as all of us special snowflakes know, it would be nice to know i turned down harvard.
you should not do that. there are people who really want to get in so taking your name off is the right thing to do if you're going to turn down an offer anyways.
+1

middlebear

Silver

Post by middlebear » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:40 pm

The thinker wrote:
spencer.414 wrote:
+1
yea, if you're not serious, take your name off the list. don't be a dick to the rest of us.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:45 pm

middlebear wrote:
The thinker wrote:
spencer.414 wrote:
+1
yea, if you're not serious, take your name off the list. don't be a dick to the rest of us.
oh plz

Comma.Split

Bronze

Post by Comma.Split » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:55 pm

oh plz
Think of it this way: you will be giving your seat to someone who really needs it. You don't have to be a douche only because you are coming from the position of strength.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:07 pm

Comma.Split wrote:
oh plz
Think of it this way: you will be giving your seat to someone who really needs it. You don't have to be a douche only because you are coming from the position of strength.
But my pride, rather than the dreams of others, is my chief priority

Comma.Split

Bronze

Post by Comma.Split » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:31 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
Comma.Split wrote:
oh plz
Well, if your pride depends on needlessly depriving someone of a once in a lifetime opportunity, then you are one proud but sad motherfucker.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

qwertyTLS

Bronze

Post by qwertyTLS » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:33 pm

sure, but majority of those on the WL will be rejected (which will not be good for your 'pride')

granted i don't think you need to withdraw - it's your right to stay on the waitlist even if there's an inkling of a chance you would accept off of it. just think your reasons are dumb.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:34 pm

Comma.Split wrote:
Comma.Split wrote:
oh plz
Well, if your pride depends on needlessly depriving someone of a once in a lifetime opportunity, then you are one proud but sad motherfucker.
indeed

saltnvinegar

New

Post by saltnvinegar » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:36 pm

lolol. Obvious troll trying to ruin good vibes. "I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." Best of luck waitlisters, and be excellent to each other!

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:38 pm

saltnvinegar wrote:lolol. Obvious troll trying to ruin good vibes. "I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." Best of luck waitlisters, and be excellent to each other!
but edward gibbon didn't get accepted to hahvad law

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kadyevna

Bronze

Post by kadyevna » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:45 pm

Comma.Split wrote:
oh plz
in my opinion, you lack basic respect, maturity, and social skills. for once, im glad JS didnt let you in

Atmosphere

Silver

Post by Atmosphere » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:55 pm

Welp, this thread got heated rather quickly :|

saltnvinegar

New

Post by saltnvinegar » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:08 pm

Ja lol. Moving on, I'm curious about the poll at the top, the question about how long people will ride the WL. There's obviously the 'in it til its over' camp, but that's just under half of the respondents. And I imagine that once people have seat & security deposits and first month's rent paid - I'll put that at a low total of like $2,000 invested - to attend somewhere else, some of those will bow out of the waitlist too.

So what's controlling people's decisions? Like why is June 15 okay but July 15 not, for example?

The thinker

Bronze

Post by The thinker » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:13 pm

saltnvinegar wrote:Ja lol. Moving on, I'm curious about the poll at the top, the question about how long people will ride the WL. There's obviously the 'in it til its over' camp, but that's just under half of the respondents. And I imagine that once people have seat & security deposits and first month's rent paid - I'll put that at a low total of like $2,000 invested - to attend somewhere else, some of those will bow out of the waitlist too.

So what's controlling people's decisions? Like why is June 15 okay but July 15 not, for example?
If I remember correctly, I think the motivation for earlier summer deadlines were restrictions on moving to school ( for international applicants for example ) or general inability to be that flexible ( no traditional students with kids maybe )

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”