Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Stage are you at?

No JS1
57
41%
Pre-Waitlist JS1
27
20%
Post-Waitlist JS1
14
10%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and Rejection
0
No votes
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS1b
1
1%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS2
17
12%
Rejection
3
2%
Post Waitlist JS1 Rejection
1
1%
Post Waitlist JS1 and JS2
18
13%
 
Total votes: 138

mkm15
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:15 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby mkm15 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:13 pm

Lurker here but NEED to contribute now - Post WL JS1 last week and JS2 today (!!!!!!!)

Was told during my interview that they were hoping to get some more decisions out 'within the next couple of weeks'. Best of luck to those still waiting!!

Hikari
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Hikari » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:15 pm

Congrats!
Did they mean Js2 only? Or JS1 as well?

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:36 pm

mkm15 wrote:Lurker here but NEED to contribute now - Post WL JS1 last week and JS2 today (!!!!!!!)

Was told during my interview that they were hoping to get some more decisions out 'within the next couple of weeks'. Best of luck to those still waiting!!


congrats!!

mkm15
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:15 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby mkm15 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Hikari wrote:Congrats!
Did they mean Js2 only? Or JS1 as well?


Didn't specify. I was under the impression it was in reference to JS2s. Could have misread it though.

af0890
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby af0890 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:08 pm

Me too! Got the impression this was a wave, they said they were processing the new batch of enrollment forms starting tomorrow or something like that. Pm for details.

sandclock
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby sandclock » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:11 am

.
Last edited by sandclock on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
andthenIwaslike
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby andthenIwaslike » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:45 am

sandclock wrote:I'm an international student(pre-waitlist js1) and i received the "homework"email today
they asked me if i was still interested in HLS
is this a regular procedure? i searched the thread and it didn't seem as it's been norm for this cycle
it seems it was done last year
did those who receive the email get admitted?
OMG I'M SO NERVOUS trying not to get my hopes up..


From what I remember, everyone who got homework last year was admitted. It seems they've cut it this cycle in favor of interest-gauging calls, but emails are still standard for international applicants. I'd be feeling pretty good about now. =)

User avatar
MajinBuu
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:52 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby MajinBuu » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:32 am

andthenIwaslike wrote:
sandclock wrote:I'm an international student(pre-waitlist js1) and i received the "homework"email today
they asked me if i was still interested in HLS
is this a regular procedure? i searched the thread and it didn't seem as it's been norm for this cycle
it seems it was done last year
did those who receive the email get admitted?
OMG I'M SO NERVOUS trying not to get my hopes up..


From what I remember, everyone who got homework last year was admitted. It seems they've cut it this cycle in favor of interest-gauging calls, but emails are still standard for international applicants. I'd be feeling pretty good about now. =)


All of that! - you should hopefully be receiving very good news soon!

Meanwhile I've pretty much lost hope for a js2

sandclock
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby sandclock » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:36 am

Js2! Good lock for eveyone else too :D

User avatar
crookedjaws
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:48 pm

_________

Postby crookedjaws » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:19 pm

____________________
Last edited by crookedjaws on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

soggy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:18 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby soggy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:19 pm

IDK if this has been asked before but is it a good idea to send a second LOCI this late in the game?

calmboat
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:01 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby calmboat » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:40 pm

anyone know if have there been any URM post wl JS1/JS2s?

Hikari
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Hikari » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:55 pm

calmboat wrote:anyone know if have there been any URM post wl JS1/JS2s?


There has been at least one post WL JS2 reported.

OxOx1986
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby OxOx1986 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:25 pm

Based on previous years, are we done with JS2s, waiting for a wave of dings, then having sporadic acceptances throughout the summer? Does anyone have a sense of how many people get in after the May/June JS2 waves?

paahhgg
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby paahhgg » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:43 pm

Also, was the second JS1 wave very small compared to previous years? Does anyone think there is one more wave or just sporadic acceptances?

tfarunner
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby tfarunner » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:06 am

Anyone think we will see movement of any kind these next few days?

Wasn't last year a wave of dings around this time?

duck_rabbit
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 3:28 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby duck_rabbit » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:20 am

tfarunner wrote:Anyone think we will see movement of any kind these next few days?

Wasn't last year a wave of dings around this time?


I'm not sure we'll see it, but I'd be nice if they dinged whoever no longer stands a chance

duck_rabbit
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 3:28 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby duck_rabbit » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:21 am

paahhgg wrote:Also, was the second JS1 wave very small compared to previous years? Does anyone think there is one more wave or just sporadic acceptances?


I'd think waves would be out at this point

duck_rabbit
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 3:28 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby duck_rabbit » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:03 am

tfarunner wrote:Anyone think we will see movement of any kind these next few days?

Wasn't last year a wave of dings around this time?


I just checked last year's thread. There was indeed a wave of dings. It looks like post-waitlist JS1s who haven't yet been accepted should brace for a falling ax.

User avatar
w0w
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby w0w » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Was it mostly post waitlist JS1s who were dinged? What about no JS1s?

serein
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:32 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby serein » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:04 pm

w0w wrote:Was it mostly post waitlist JS1s who were dinged? What about no JS1s?


Looks like some of you still have a chance.

User avatar
w0w
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby w0w » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:22 pm

serein wrote:
w0w wrote:Was it mostly post waitlist JS1s who were dinged? What about no JS1s?


Looks like some of you still have a chance.



The people without JS1s? I hope so...

The thinker
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby The thinker » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:55 am

w0w wrote:
serein wrote:
w0w wrote:Was it mostly post waitlist JS1s who were dinged? What about no JS1s?


Looks like some of you still have a chance.



The people without JS1s? I hope so...


preach

HLSRoom
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:55 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby HLSRoom » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:04 pm

Congrats to those who just recently got off the waitlist!

If anyone suddenly has to look for housing, I'm looking to fill the second bedroom of a 2 bedroom apartment that's about three minutes from the law school. Please PM me if you're interested.

Cinderella24
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:52 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Cinderella24 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:44 am

Dinged this morning!

Oh well, glad the wait is over!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 6 guests