Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Stage are you at?

No JS1
57
41%
Pre-Waitlist JS1
27
20%
Post-Waitlist JS1
14
10%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and Rejection
0
No votes
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS1b
1
1%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS2
17
12%
Rejection
3
2%
Post Waitlist JS1 Rejection
1
1%
Post Waitlist JS1 and JS2
18
13%
 
Total votes: 138

User avatar
Eladriel
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Eladriel » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:22 am

stoopkid13 wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
Eladriel wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:Had such a great time reading about everyone's JS2s today in the HLS applicants thread... :(


Agreed. It was nice to live vicariously through them. It's much healthier to be happy for them than jealous of them.

Definitely happy for them... definitely a little jealous too - seems normal though


I find the best way to cope is to turn your chin music up and puff your chest.


That or start posting in LetsGoMets' "What's the Deal with Harvard Students" thread about how career outcomes are more or less the same :).

The thinker
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby The thinker » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:54 am

I find the best way to cope is to turn your chin music up and puff your chest.[/quote]

That or start posting in LetsGoMets' "What's the Deal with Harvard Students" thread about how career outcomes are more or less the same :).[/quote]

So this is when we start the vicious rumors to get people to drop right?

User avatar
Eladriel
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Eladriel » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:17 am

The thinker wrote: So this is when we start the vicious rumors to get people to drop right?


Nope. If admitted we should all go. Like moths to a flame; embrace the fire it will purify your soul.

MustaphaMond
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:59 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby MustaphaMond » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:31 am

Eladriel wrote:
The thinker wrote: So this is when we start the vicious rumors to get people to drop right?


Nope. If admitted we should all go. Like moths to a flame; embrace the fire it will purify your soul.


you really enjoy fire haha

User avatar
tonysoprano
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:22 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby tonysoprano » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:32 am

Tswkb4 wrote:Good luck all, I just withdrew from my spot on the waitlist, hopefully something will open up for you guys!

Image

meyer5541
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby meyer5541 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:13 pm

Anyone have any advice on submitting additional letters of rec?

MustaphaMond
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:59 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby MustaphaMond » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:17 pm

meyer5541 wrote:Anyone have any advice on submitting additional letters of rec?


I'd be cautious with it, since the email specifically says "Additional letters of recommendation are rarely useful at this time"

IE advise against, unless you have inordinate circumstances

meyer5541
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby meyer5541 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:21 pm

MustaphaMond wrote:
meyer5541 wrote:Anyone have any advice on submitting additional letters of rec?


I'd be cautious with it, since the email specifically says "Additional letters of recommendation are rarely useful at this time"

IE advise against, unless you have inordinate circumstances


And submitting an LOCI? I don't feel like we've come to a consensus on that

ianeng
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby ianeng » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:27 pm

MustaphaMond wrote:I'd be cautious with it, since the email specifically says "Additional letters of recommendation are rarely useful at this time"

That's odd; my email doesn't say that.

saltnvinegar
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:32 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby saltnvinegar » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:34 pm

Status Checker reads "Active on Waitlist". Offered/Accepted on Friday, Mar 27th.

saltnvinegar
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:32 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby saltnvinegar » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:44 pm

meyer5541 wrote:
MustaphaMond wrote:
meyer5541 wrote:Anyone have any advice on submitting additional letters of rec?


I'd be cautious with it, since the email specifically says "Additional letters of recommendation are rarely useful at this time"

IE advise against, unless you have inordinate circumstances


And submitting an LOCI? I don't feel like we've come to a consensus on that


I feel like another way to put the conventional wisdom is: most people should not. A few people who actually have done legitimately cool things in the past six months might (kjd spring sem grades, obvi; maybe promotions), but if it's just b.s. fluff, the adcomms will know it's b.s. fluff, and that will hurt your application. So if you're only sending one pro forma, don't.

Also, I'm not an adcomm, so.....

MustaphaMond
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:59 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby MustaphaMond » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:50 pm

saltnvinegar wrote:
meyer5541 wrote:
MustaphaMond wrote:
meyer5541 wrote:Anyone have any advice on submitting additional letters of rec?


I'd be cautious with it, since the email specifically says "Additional letters of recommendation are rarely useful at this time"

IE advise against, unless you have inordinate circumstances


And submitting an LOCI? I don't feel like we've come to a consensus on that


I feel like another way to put the conventional wisdom is: most people should not. A few people who actually have done legitimately cool things in the past six months might (kjd spring sem grades, obvi; maybe promotions), but if it's just b.s. fluff, the adcomms will know it's b.s. fluff, and that will hurt your application. So if you're only sending one pro forma, don't.

Also, I'm not an adcomm, so.....


I think that's about right. My rule of thumb is basically don't spam, don't make them roll their eyes haha

MustaphaMond
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:59 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby MustaphaMond » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:52 pm

ianeng wrote:
MustaphaMond wrote:I'd be cautious with it, since the email specifically says "Additional letters of recommendation are rarely useful at this time"

That's odd; my email doesn't say that.


Actually you're right, that wasn't in the email: it's what came up on the page after accepting the WL. For reference:

The fact that your application was selected for the wait list means that you are clearly a strong applicant to Harvard Law School. If, however, you believe you have any relevant, new information, which is not part of your application to date, which would strengthen your application, you are welcome to send additions to your file. Additional letters of recommendation are rarely useful at this time, however, if you have been enrolled in an academic program, you may wish to provide a final transcript to LSAC.

User avatar
Four Winds
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Four Winds » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:57 pm

MustaphaMond wrote:
meyer5541 wrote:Anyone have any advice on submitting additional letters of rec?


I'd be cautious with it, since the email specifically says "Additional letters of recommendation are rarely useful at this time"

IE advise against, unless you have inordinate circumstances


Yeah weird, my email doesn't say this. When were you WL'd?

I think TCR on LOCIs is no.

User avatar
Eladriel
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Eladriel » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:15 pm

saltnvinegar wrote:Status Checker reads "Active on Waitlist"


Same here. "Active on Wait list" as of 3/31/2015. Offered/Accepted on Thursday 3/26.

Seems like they've updated the status checkers. Is this true for all?

MustaphaMond
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:59 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby MustaphaMond » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:24 pm

Eladriel wrote:
saltnvinegar wrote:Status Checker reads "Active on Waitlist"


Same here. "Active on Wait list" as of 3/31/2015. Offered/Accepted on Thursday 3/26.

Seems like they've updated the status checkers. Is this true for all?


Ya I'm "Active on WL"

qwertyTLS
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:06 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby qwertyTLS » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:14 pm

ugh these js2 waves are tough to sit through from the wl...

User avatar
MajinBuu
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:52 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby MajinBuu » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:23 pm

qwertyTLS wrote:ugh these js2 waves are tough to sit through from the wl...


Couldn't agree more

MustaphaMond
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:59 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby MustaphaMond » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:28 pm

MajinBuu wrote:
qwertyTLS wrote:ugh these js2 waves are tough to sit through from the wl...


Couldn't agree more


I'm surprised you've been keeping up on them haha sounds torturous.

Masochistic almost.

hermione1000
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby hermione1000 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:34 pm

so true :(

glad you guys are here though!!!

User avatar
Eladriel
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Eladriel » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:42 pm

hermione1000 wrote:so true :(

glad you guys are here though!!!


This party is going to continue all the way through to August.

User avatar
andthenIwaslike
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby andthenIwaslike » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:30 pm

We need something to talk about besides LOCIs or other JS2s or we're all going to go crazy.

What summer movies are y'all excited for? I didn't love the first Avengers, but the creepy Pinocchio trailer did get me kinda excited for Avengers 2. I will also be all about PP2 and some velociraptors.

User avatar
Eladriel
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Eladriel » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:47 pm

andthenIwaslike wrote:We need something to talk about besides LOCIs or other JS2s or we're all going to go crazy.

What summer movies are y'all excited for? I didn't love the first Avengers, but the creepy Pinocchio trailer did get me kinda excited for Avengers 2. I will also be all about PP2 and some velociraptors.


+1

But for the record I think there's nothing wrong with going crazy.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:47 pm

Roughly when did JS1 for waitlisters go out last year

User avatar
Eladriel
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Eladriel » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:Roughly when did JS1 for waitlisters go out last year


Beginning of May.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”