Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Stage are you at?

No JS1
42%
Pre-Waitlist JS1
20%
Post-Waitlist JS1
9%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and Rejection
No votes
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS1b
1%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS2
11%
Rejection
2%
Post Waitlist JS1 Rejection
1%
Post Waitlist JS1 and JS2
13%

Total votes: 149

qwertyTLS

Bronze

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Post by qwertyTLS » Mon May 18, 2015 1:57 pm

duck_rabbit wrote:Did you or anyone else send an e-mail after the interview in any case?
someone else should confirm, but I don't believe anyone was asked to confirm their interest via e-mail. (I didn't interview last week so I'm not much help here)

Meximelt

New

Post by Meximelt » Mon May 18, 2015 1:58 pm

duck_rabbit wrote:
qwertyTLS wrote:
mjf11412 wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:Last year JS1bs were on a Tuesday and then first JS2 wave was on Thursday.
do post-WL JS1s get JS1bs as well or is that just for the pre-WL JS1 people?

too many abbreviations in this admissions process
lol.

last year they didn't, but those post-WL JS1s did have to write some 'homework' after their interviews, which was essentially an e-mail version of a JS1b. those who interviewed last week didn't get asked to do the 'homework', so we're not really sure

Did you or anyone else send an e-mail after the interview in any case?
I did not. We don't have whomever interviewed us' email (and it's impossible to find, believe me I tried) and its seems worthless to email the general admissions email.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Mon May 18, 2015 1:59 pm

on last years spreadsheet 18/22 post wl JS1s were accepted but that might be mostly due to self selection

mjf11412

New

Post by mjf11412 » Mon May 18, 2015 2:01 pm

qwertyTLS wrote:
duck_rabbit wrote:Did you or anyone else send an e-mail after the interview in any case?
someone else should confirm, but I don't believe anyone was asked to confirm their interest via e-mail. (I didn't interview last week so I'm not much help here)
I did not..she just emphasized that the process would be moving very quickly

Eladriel

Bronze

Post by Eladriel » Mon May 18, 2015 3:28 pm

Observing this frenzied speculation is making me super unproductive. I think if they were going to do something today we would have heard.

On an unrelated subject, Mack, have you been cheating on us with the Stanford Waitlist thread?

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=246328
Re: Stanford Law Waitlist c/o 2018
Mack.Hambleton wrote:i am i just like riding waitlists

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Mon May 18, 2015 3:48 pm

Things actually happen on the H waitlist so I like this one more

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Mon May 18, 2015 7:17 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:Things actually happen on the H waitlist so I like this one more
Be real and drop the S wait list.

qwertyTLS

Bronze

Post by qwertyTLS » Tue May 19, 2015 4:25 am

the below is like my worst nightmare... from last cycle:
schnaupal wrote:Hey guys - just thought I'd let you know what I heard from the admissions office yesterday. I received a JS1b voicemail and called Danielle Early to confirm my interest, and she explained to me in the call that Thursday was the only day for offers in this wave, and they expect to probably have another in a couple weeks. Of course this could be a conservative guess on their part, and if someone who received a JS2 on Thursday turned it down yesterday (unlikely), there could be a couple more before then. Sorry to those of you who were waiting intently for Monday.
schnaupal wrote:
drawstring wrote:crap

When was your JS1? And if anyone else talks to Danielle maybe you could ask her what she didn't like about drawstring's interview :lol:
JS1 was in January. JS1b came sometime between Tuesday and Thursday - I can't know exactly when because my voicemail doesn't save that info. I am really, really upset that I didn't find the voicemail until after the offer wave on Thursday, since DE pretty much told me that I wasn't considered for one of those spots was because I didn't call her back. The kicker is that the reason I didn't get it in time was because she called my old phone number instead of the new one I sent to them last week for while I'm out of the country. I just cannot right now.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

(spoiler - he/she got a js2 in the next wave at the end of may. but still. that's terrifying.)

MajinBuu

Bronze

Post by MajinBuu » Tue May 19, 2015 7:17 am

qwertyTLS wrote:the below is like my worst nightmare... from last cycle:
schnaupal wrote:Hey guys - just thought I'd let you know what I heard from the admissions office yesterday. I received a JS1b voicemail and called Danielle Early to confirm my interest, and she explained to me in the call that Thursday was the only day for offers in this wave, and they expect to probably have another in a couple weeks. Of course this could be a conservative guess on their part, and if someone who received a JS2 on Thursday turned it down yesterday (unlikely), there could be a couple more before then. Sorry to those of you who were waiting intently for Monday.
schnaupal wrote:
drawstring wrote:crap

When was your JS1? And if anyone else talks to Danielle maybe you could ask her what she didn't like about drawstring's interview :lol:
JS1 was in January. JS1b came sometime between Tuesday and Thursday - I can't know exactly when because my voicemail doesn't save that info. I am really, really upset that I didn't find the voicemail until after the offer wave on Thursday, since DE pretty much told me that I wasn't considered for one of those spots was because I didn't call her back. The kicker is that the reason I didn't get it in time was because she called my old phone number instead of the new one I sent to them last week for while I'm out of the country. I just cannot right now.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

(spoiler - he/she got a js2 in the next wave at the end of may. but still. that's terrifying.)
It all worked out in the end though which is nice!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

qwertyTLS

Bronze

Post by qwertyTLS » Tue May 19, 2015 7:26 am

oh yeah for sure. BUT imagine being in the situation, not knowing what would happen? those two weeks must have been torture!

MajinBuu

Bronze

Post by MajinBuu » Tue May 19, 2015 7:30 am

Yes you're right - I would have been a nervous wreck!
qwertyTLS wrote:oh yeah for sure. BUT imagine being in the situation, not knowing what would happen? those two weeks must have been torture!

GoneSouth

Bronze

Post by GoneSouth » Tue May 19, 2015 9:20 am

I'm going to Europe for two weeks at the beginning of June. Panicking a little bit at the thought of HLS trying to call me while I'm over there

tonysoprano

Bronze

Post by tonysoprano » Tue May 19, 2015 10:01 am

GoneSouth wrote:I'm going to Europe for two weeks at the beginning of June. Panicking a little bit at the thought of HLS trying to call me while I'm over there
Curious how this works because I'll be traveling too. I figure we just call the office to let them know when we'll be out of the country and we are essentially treated as an international applicant (all correspondence via email) during that time period. Does this sound right?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

qwertyTLS

Bronze

Post by qwertyTLS » Tue May 19, 2015 1:12 pm

that sounds right, but if it was me I would e-mail. I'm sure either is fine though.

really thought we'd hear something today, but it seems less likely as the day goes on

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Tue May 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Still a lot of day left

Eladriel

Bronze

Post by Eladriel » Tue May 19, 2015 1:49 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:Still a lot of day left
I guess. It would be nice to see some movement.

Maybe I'm just more antsy because I'm a pre-WL JS1.

Meximelt

New

Post by Meximelt » Tue May 19, 2015 1:56 pm

Eladriel wrote:

I'm officially spiraling. Harvard: heal me or pull the plug!!! :cry:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Eladriel

Bronze

Post by Eladriel » Tue May 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Meximelt wrote:
Eladriel wrote:

I'm officially spiraling. Harvard: heal me or pull the plug!!! :cry:
+1 to this sentiment. This waiting has decimated my day.

duck_rabbit

New

Post by duck_rabbit » Tue May 19, 2015 2:10 pm

GoneSouth wrote:I'm going to Europe for two weeks at the beginning of June. Panicking a little bit at the thought of HLS trying to call me while I'm over there
I'd just send a short e-mail letting them know you'll be abroad. I'm an American living abroad, and I didn't get the impression from Dean Soban that it would create any problems.

morningstar

Bronze

Post by morningstar » Tue May 19, 2015 2:12 pm

I got up early this morning because I needed to spend some time working on a UG paper that's due today. My scumbag brain, instead, decided a better use of my focus was staring at my phone waiting for it to ring.

On the bright side, that blank Word document with just a flashing cursor makes it MUCH easier to just focus on my phone and not get distracted by what I'm supposed to be doing. Yayyyyy. :roll:

qwertyTLS

Bronze

Post by qwertyTLS » Tue May 19, 2015 2:25 pm

duck_rabbit wrote:
I'd just send a short e-mail letting them know you'll be abroad. I'm an American living abroad, and I didn't get the impression from Dean Soban that it would create any problems.
did she mention how they would get in touch with you if you've been living abroad for the whole cycle (via e-mail)? was this in your a post-WL JS1?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Tue May 19, 2015 2:37 pm

we might have to call it a day yall...

Meximelt

New

Post by Meximelt » Tue May 19, 2015 2:43 pm

90convoy wrote:we might have to call it a day yall...
:? *gun emoji*

duck_rabbit

New

Post by duck_rabbit » Tue May 19, 2015 2:51 pm

qwertyTLS wrote:
duck_rabbit wrote:
did she mention how they would get in touch with you if you've been living abroad for the whole cycle (via e-mail)? was this in your a post-WL JS1?
Yeah, it was in the post-waitlist JS1. She didn't mention how she'd get in touch, but she knew I was abroad and she double checked my contact info. I hope they'd just e-mail because it'd be a surer way of getting in touch, but I don't anticipate a JS1b in any case being that my interview was post-waitlist.

qwertyTLS

Bronze

Post by qwertyTLS » Tue May 19, 2015 2:54 pm

duck_rabbit wrote:
qwertyTLS wrote:did she mention how they would get in touch with you if you've been living abroad for the whole cycle (via e-mail)? was this in your a post-WL JS1?
Yeah, it was in the post-waitlist JS1. She didn't mention how she'd get in touch, but she knew I was abroad and she double checked my contact info. I hope they'd just e-mail because it'd be a surer way of getting in touch, but I don't anticipate a JS1b in any case being that my interview was post-waitlist.
ah, yeah that makes sense. thanks!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”