Question about deferment and scholarship money Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lad5144

New

Question about deferment and scholarship money

Post by lad5144 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I was admitted to Temple and given a full scholarship right off the bat. My GPA was 3.75 and LSAT 163. However, this past September I moved to Italy to teach English (I am a dual-citizen). I am amazed at how much I have and am continuing to learn from this experience and from my work here. I want to remain here for another year, before entering school.

I was told that in order to defer I simply need to send a formal request to the Faculty Admissions Committee, and they would need to refer it. I was also told the scholarship money cannot be deferred (as I expected) but that I would "certainly be reconsidered" for the same money next year. My only fear/hesitation, is that I cannot afford school without that scholarship money. Does anyone have any experience with this? Or have any idea what the chances are that if they gave me the money this year they wouldn't do the same next year? Will I be penalized financially for deferring admission?

All insight appreciated. Thanks!

Lightworks

Bronze

Re: Question about deferment and scholarship money

Post by Lightworks » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Don't settle for Temple with those numbers. You're waiting a year anyway. Retake.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”