Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Chris Manifesto
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:58 pm

Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby Chris Manifesto » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:04 pm

Hey guys, I'm curious to see if anyone else got a similar experience with other law schools. I just received a text message from NSU with a link to a locked YouTube video congratulating me on my acceptance to their program.
Since this is the first response I get from any schools, I was wondering if other schools are doing the same thing. My brother was accepted by NSU 3 years ago and he says he never got the text/youtube treatment for his acceptance.

User avatar
yomisterd
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby yomisterd » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:05 pm

Chris Manifesto wrote:Hey guys, I'm curious to see if anyone else got a similar experience with other law schools. I just received a text message from NSU with a link to a locked YouTube video congratulating me on my acceptance to their program.
Since this is the first response I get from any schools, I was wondering if other schools are doing the same thing. My brother was accepted by NSU 3 years ago and he says he never got the text/youtube treatment for his acceptance.


i'm unfamiliar with that acronym and that admittance technique.

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2257
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:07 pm

norfolk state? Nova southeastern?

Whatever it is, don't go.

User avatar
Chris Manifesto
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:58 pm

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby Chris Manifesto » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:10 pm

Nova Southeastern. Not sure if its some sort of tactic or whatnot but I was shocked to see that's how they notified acceptance.

User avatar
Westofeden
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:54 pm

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby Westofeden » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:37 pm

I would reconsider going to yale if they accepted me through a youtube video

User avatar
FSK
Posts: 6373
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby FSK » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:40 pm


User avatar
MarkfromWI
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:54 pm

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby MarkfromWI » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Chris Manifesto wrote:Nova Southeastern. Not sure if its some sort of tactic or whatnot but I was shocked to see that's how they notified acceptance.


Definitely a gimmick.

User avatar
Skool
Posts: 1028
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby Skool » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:51 pm

Maybe those schools know from experience that their students are more engaged with their mobile devices and youtube than email/status checkers.

User avatar
White Dwarf
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:54 pm

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby White Dwarf » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:54 pm

Skool wrote:Maybe those schools know from experience that their students are more engaged with their mobile devices and youtube than email/status checkers.


Maybe their target students are...


/elitistdouchebag

User avatar
Chris Manifesto
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:58 pm

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby Chris Manifesto » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Literally LOL'd

RomanRebel
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby RomanRebel » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:54 am

I thought it was pretty weird as well. Same YouTube video was sent to me like a month ago. You got in. Now it's time for them to bombard you with hundreds of emails sf

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby Clearly » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:09 am

I mean the school is terrible, but I actually like the idea, it's memorable.

User avatar
tacocat
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:10 pm

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby tacocat » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:31 am

It would be memorable if it worked the other way, too.

Text Msg: "Hi, tacocat! This is NSU Law. We've reached a decision on your application! Check out this link for your personalized decision video! http://youtu.be/XBMxskyDk9o"

User avatar
mehiguess
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby mehiguess » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:16 pm

Clearly wrote:I mean the school is terrible, but I actually like the idea, it's memorable.


LOL, haven't visited this elitist website since for a couple years. Oh how I miss the snobbery. #novagrad #greatjob

jfiaff
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:25 am

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby jfiaff » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:58 pm

My undergrad university admitted me via text message. I didn't get a youtube video though. :|

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5913
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby benwyatt » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:01 pm

The idea is fine but personalized videos are really uncomfortable. Cornblatt at GULC recorded videos for admits this year and they were low quality and super weird.

User avatar
OutOfTheQuestion
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby OutOfTheQuestion » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:39 pm

mehiguess wrote:
Clearly wrote:I mean the school is terrible, but I actually like the idea, it's memorable.


LOL, haven't visited this elitist website since for a couple years. Oh how I miss the snobbery. #novagrad #greatjob

lol @ digging up a thread from a year ago for this.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Admitted VIA text message/ YouTube video?!

Postby Clearly » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:03 am

OutOfTheQuestion wrote:
mehiguess wrote:
Clearly wrote:I mean the school is terrible, but I actually like the idea, it's memorable.


LOL, haven't visited this elitist website since for a couple years. Oh how I miss the snobbery. #novagrad #greatjob

lol @ digging up a thread from a year ago for this.


A year later, I remain unapologetic. Calling Georgetown terrible is elitist. Calling a school with half the class unemployed terrible is just accurate. Your #greatjob isn't dispositive of it being terrible and doesn't mean anything to me or your dozens of classmates buried in debt and unemployed.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”