#DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
RomanRebel
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby RomanRebel » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:23 pm

Case western,
Drowninmyowntears wrote:
morningstar wrote:
Drowninmyowntears wrote:
morningstar wrote:I did just get an acceptance, so I guess I can't say it's been completely unproductive, but it's from a school that I applied to as a super-safety school.

By the way, I've gotten my hopes up WAY too many times recently. My "from" field is pretty narrow in Outlook on my laptop, and so is my "subject" field. So like three times this week I've gotten all stoked because I see "Law Admissions at..." in the from field, and "Your merit scholarship from..." in the subject field. Then I find out that it's an unsolicited offer from some T984 school that I've never even heard of. yaaaay.


SAAAAAMEEEE! The Law school spam is getting so bad! I get like 20-30 emails a day. And I see the emails that say "Today is the last day to apply!" and think " Oh thank god! After today, this school will stop bothering me! " and then the next day I get "Good News! We extended your deadline!" and I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STAAHPP!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!


This. EXACTLY this. Who is your worst offender? We should start a Law School Spammers thread. Mine has got to be a tie between Indiana University Maurer, Valparaiso, and Ohio State Moritz.


William Mitchell Law, Valparaiso, St. John's, UMass, Pitt Law, CWRU, +150 more

Idk, there are SO MANY OFFENDERS, I feel like I'm leaving some awful spammers out, but it would take me all day to name them all!


Valparaiso and CWRU are making my life miserable. Cleveland-Marshall, St. John's and Western New England are following closely.

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 3628
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby KMart » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:16 pm

Did anyone receive decisions? I'm still waiting :(.

User avatar
morningstar
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:03 am

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby morningstar » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:57 pm

KMart wrote:Did anyone receive decisions? I'm still waiting :(.


I wish. This week was a bust for me.

User avatar
morningstar
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:03 am

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby morningstar » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:02 am

RomanRebel wrote:Case western,
Drowninmyowntears wrote:
William Mitchell Law, Valparaiso, St. John's, UMass, Pitt Law, CWRU, +150 more

Idk, there are SO MANY OFFENDERS, I feel like I'm leaving some awful spammers out, but it would take me all day to name them all!


Valparaiso and CWRU are making my life miserable. Cleveland-Marshall, St. John's and Western New England are following closely.


Does anyone else think it should be a felony for a law school that you HAVEN'T applied to to email you from an email address that starts like "admissions@law.spamschool.com"? Seriously. They are all now required to email me from "prettyprettypleasecomeherewewillgiveyousomuchmoney@law.spamschool.com". Period.

User avatar
Drowninmyowntears
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby Drowninmyowntears » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:23 pm

morningstar wrote:
KMart wrote:Did anyone receive decisions? I'm still waiting :(.


I wish. This week was a bust for me.


I got 4 decisions in one week in january, then nothing for 2 months. IT'S BEEN HELL

RomanRebel
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby RomanRebel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:28 pm

morningstar wrote:
RomanRebel wrote:Case western,
Drowninmyowntears wrote:
William Mitchell Law, Valparaiso, St. John's, UMass, Pitt Law, CWRU, +150 more

Idk, there are SO MANY OFFENDERS, I feel like I'm leaving some awful spammers out, but it would take me all day to name them all!


Valparaiso and CWRU are making my life miserable. Cleveland-Marshall, St. John's and Western New England are following closely.


Does anyone else think it should be a felony for a law school that you HAVEN'T applied to to email you from an email address that starts like "admissions@law.spamschool.com"? Seriously. They are all now required to email me from "prettyprettypleasecomeherewewillgiveyousomuchmoney@law.spamschool.com". Period.


Word.

User avatar
ek5dn
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:14 am

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby ek5dn » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:29 pm

Drowninmyowntears wrote:
morningstar wrote:
KMart wrote:Did anyone receive decisions? I'm still waiting :(.


I wish. This week was a bust for me.


I got 4 decisions in one week in january, then nothing for 2 months. IT'S BEEN HELL


Also stuck in purgatory...and all my friends (who aren't going to law school) don't get what the big deal is. They don't know my pain...

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 3628
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby KMart » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:02 pm

ek5dn wrote:Also stuck in purgatory...and all my friends (who aren't going to law school) don't get what the big deal is. They don't know my pain...

The constant questions of, "where are you going? I mean, I don't know....it's hard to explain it all to them.

User avatar
morningstar
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:03 am

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby morningstar » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:15 pm

KMart wrote:
ek5dn wrote:Also stuck in purgatory...and all my friends (who aren't going to law school) don't get what the big deal is. They don't know my pain...

The constant questions of, "where are you going? I mean, I don't know....it's hard to explain it all to them.


Lol. I MAY have screamed "I DON'T KNOW YET I'M WORKING ON IT HOW ABOUT YOU GIVE ME A F**KING MINUTE OKAY???" at one or two...dozen...people. maybe.

owlinentertainment
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby owlinentertainment » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:27 pm

morningstar wrote:
KMart wrote:
ek5dn wrote:Also stuck in purgatory...and all my friends (who aren't going to law school) don't get what the big deal is. They don't know my pain...

The constant questions of, "where are you going? I mean, I don't know....it's hard to explain it all to them.


Lol. I MAY have screamed "I DON'T KNOW YET I'M WORKING ON IT HOW ABOUT YOU GIVE ME A F**KING MINUTE OKAY???" at one or two...dozen...people. maybe.


Even woke up to a text asking where I was going before being asked like 20 million times where i was going to go at work. good question, next question only works so many times.

User avatar
ek5dn
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:14 am

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby ek5dn » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:33 pm

owlinentertainment wrote:
morningstar wrote:
KMart wrote:
ek5dn wrote:Also stuck in purgatory...and all my friends (who aren't going to law school) don't get what the big deal is. They don't know my pain...

The constant questions of, "where are you going? I mean, I don't know....it's hard to explain it all to them.


Lol. I MAY have screamed "I DON'T KNOW YET I'M WORKING ON IT HOW ABOUT YOU GIVE ME A F**KING MINUTE OKAY???" at one or two...dozen...people. maybe.


Even woke up to a text asking where I was going before being asked like 20 million times where i was going to go at work. good question, next question only works so many times.


I think the most annoying is "have you heard back from X yet?" I SWEAR IF I HEAR BACK YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO KNOW

User avatar
morningstar
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:03 am

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby morningstar » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:36 pm

ek5dn wrote:
I think the most annoying is "have you heard back from X yet?" I SWEAR IF I HEAR BACK YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO KNOW


EXACTLY. What are they expecting? "Oh, who, Harvard? Oh, yeah. They totes said yes. I guess it totally slipped my mind to tell LITERALLY EVERYONE I KNOW AND QUITE A FEW PEOPLE I DON'T. TWICE." Come on.

User avatar
Drowninmyowntears
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby Drowninmyowntears » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:56 am

morningstar wrote:
ek5dn wrote:
I think the most annoying is "have you heard back from X yet?" I SWEAR IF I HEAR BACK YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO KNOW


EXACTLY. What are they expecting? "Oh, who, Harvard? Oh, yeah. They totes said yes. I guess it totally slipped my mind to tell LITERALLY EVERYONE I KNOW AND QUITE A FEW PEOPLE I DON'T. TWICE." Come on.


HAHAHAA YES. This.

User avatar
ek5dn
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:14 am

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby ek5dn » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:54 am

here's to a BUSY DECISION FRIDAY 3/20 :)
if we don't have hope, we have nothing, right?

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby Big Red » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:10 am

Idk what's going on here but I too would like to hear back today :D

User avatar
golden44
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby golden44 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:58 am

nothing so far, but also really hoping decision friday round 2 is much busier than round 1

RubyRod
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby RubyRod » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:53 pm

I got an acceptance from a school yesterday, Vandy, which I 99.8% sure I won't be attending. Still, it made me so happy in light of the silence from Stanford and NYU.... :shock:

User avatar
ek5dn
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:14 am

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby ek5dn » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:21 pm

wow..slowest friday ever

User avatar
Jessicakes90
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby Jessicakes90 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:38 pm

ek5dn wrote:wow..slowest friday ever


+1

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby Big Red » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:41 pm

Jessicakes90 wrote:
ek5dn wrote:wow..slowest friday ever


+1


Yeah feel this, don't know why I'm feeling so anxious today

User avatar
Jessicakes90
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby Jessicakes90 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:57 pm

Big Red wrote:
Jessicakes90 wrote:
ek5dn wrote:wow..slowest friday ever


+1


Yeah feel this, don't know why I'm feeling so anxious today


One more week till the end of March man... it's getting SO late.

YoungSimba
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:06 am

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby YoungSimba » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:06 pm

.
Last edited by YoungSimba on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby Big Red » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:14 pm

YoungSimba wrote:Down to the wire and the stress is getting real. Still waiting on half my schollys and not looking good. At this point considering withdrawing from all and going to teach abroad. :|


Honestly not the worst call. Everyone I know doing it really enjoys it

andiev107
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:07 am

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby andiev107 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:28 pm

I was really hoping to hear something today but nope nothing

RubyRod
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby RubyRod » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:39 pm

Apparently avoided Stanford and NYU dings... :shock:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cowgirl, fountainja, joezze, malysh, MSNbot Media, rizzlebizness, woojin1287 and 10 guests