#DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
morningstar

#DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby morningstar » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:13 am

I didn't want to post this in every single one of the threads, but good luck to everyone still waiting for a response and who will be refreshing their status checkers every hour tomorrow like I am. Here's to a #DECISIONFRIDAY with some awesome news attached. Maybe we could use this thread to track what comes out tomorrow? Just to see what kind of movement we get on a Friday pretty late in the cycle. That's probably just me being lazy though and not wanting to check eleventybillion threads. :wink:

architecturas

Re: #DECISIONFRIDAY for 03/13/15

Postby architecturas » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:38 am

What is this #decisionfriday you speak of?

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:11 am

lolwut

hotasaflamingcheetoh

Postby hotasaflamingcheetoh » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:37 am

A lot of my decisions have been sent to me on a Friday. Let's hope the same happens later today.

Harry_Pluxen

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:10 am

I wouldn't recommend checking your e-mail, status checkers or physical mailbox today guys. It's Friday the 13th.

Trumpet101

Postby Trumpet101 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:23 am

In at GW, woot woot.

hotasaflamingcheetoh

Postby hotasaflamingcheetoh » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:57 am

Harry_Pluxen wrote:I wouldn't recommend checking your e-mail, status checkers or physical mailbox today guys. It's Friday the 13th.

I have a doctor's appointment today :/

Drowninmyowntears

Postby Drowninmyowntears » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:12 pm

Wait, what? Are there supposed to be a bunch of decisions coming out today or something? SOMEONE FILL ME IN!??!??!?!

KMart

Postby KMart » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:13 pm

Drowninmyowntears wrote:Wait, what? Are there supposed to be a bunch of decisions coming out today or something? SOMEONE FILL ME IN!??!??!?!

I think there's just hope. I'm pretty surprised I'm still waiting on two schools :(.

miamiri

Postby miamiri » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:16 pm

KMart wrote:
Drowninmyowntears wrote:Wait, what? Are there supposed to be a bunch of decisions coming out today or something? SOMEONE FILL ME IN!??!??!?!

I think there's just hope. I'm pretty surprised I'm still waiting on two schools :(.

yep. surprised as well. waiting on three schools still...

Drowninmyowntears

Postby Drowninmyowntears » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:16 pm

KMart wrote:

Yeah I'm still waiting for 3. My friend submitted apps in December and is still waiting on 6 schools!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Is there some general consensus on a date when most schools have to let you know by? It seems ridiculous that I will possibly have to put a deposit down before knowing if I got in to some schools!

morningstar

Postby morningstar » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:26 pm

No, it's not an official thing. More than 2/3 of the decisions I've gotten so far have come on Fridays, and Penn (https://twitter.com/PennLawAdmiss/status/573865229383237634) and Berkeley (https://twitter.com/BoaltAdmissions/status/563747375269699584) have both made it a point to say they release decisions on Fridays. Seems to be a common practice for some schools to do decisions on one day of the week, and typically for me it's been friday. YMMV.

NoBladesNoBows

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:30 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KMart

Postby KMart » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Drowninmyowntears wrote:Is there some general consensus on a date when most schools have to let you know by?

Not really. Some schools 'hold' your application until a later date where they will make an official decision for you. It does get difficult and stressful.

ek5dn

Postby ek5dn » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:34 pm

it's been a slowww #decisionfriday for me. (though I did get into george washington)
no movement from any of the T14 and it's almost COB sighh
maybe they'll work until late tonight? :) #hopeful..

Drowninmyowntears

Postby Drowninmyowntears » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:38 pm

morningstar wrote:

No, it's not an official thing. More than 2/3 of the decisions I've gotten so far have come on Fridays, and Penn (https://twitter.com/PennLawAdmiss/status/573865229383237634) and Berkeley (https://twitter.com/BoaltAdmissions/status/563747375269699584) have both made it a point to say they release decisions on Fridays. Seems to be a common practice for some schools to do decisions on one day of the week, and typically for me it's been friday. YMMV.

Interesting! I have yet to get ANY Friday decisions! So far I have 3 Mondays, 2 Tuesdays, 1 Wednesday. And I got my Berkeley decision on a Monday! They may send most of the decisions on Fridays, but they can give them on other days too I guess!

morningstar

Postby morningstar » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:41 pm

I did just get an acceptance, so I guess I can't say it's been completely unproductive, but it's from a school that I applied to as a super-safety school.

By the way, I've gotten my hopes up WAY too many times recently. My "from" field is pretty narrow in Outlook on my laptop, and so is my "subject" field. So like three times this week I've gotten all stoked because I see "Law Admissions at..." in the from field, and "Your merit scholarship from..." in the subject field. Then I find out that it's an unsolicited offer from some T984 school that I've never even heard of. yaaaay.

morningstar

Postby morningstar » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:44 pm

Drowninmyowntears wrote:
morningstar wrote:

Interesting! I have yet to get ANY Friday decisions! So far I have 3 Mondays, 2 Tuesdays, 1 Wednesday. And I got my Berkeley decision on a Monday! They may send most of the decisions on Fridays, but they can give them on other days too I guess!

That's crazy! I literally got five acceptances on Feb 13 (another Friday the 13th), and two the Friday before that. I was really hoping for a repeat of my lucky friday the 13th....not happening so far.

Drowninmyowntears

Postby Drowninmyowntears » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:46 pm

morningstar wrote:I did just get an acceptance, so I guess I can't say it's been completely unproductive, but it's from a school that I applied to as a super-safety school.

By the way, I've gotten my hopes up WAY too many times recently. My "from" field is pretty narrow in Outlook on my laptop, and so is my "subject" field. So like three times this week I've gotten all stoked because I see "Law Admissions at..." in the from field, and "Your merit scholarship from..." in the subject field. Then I find out that it's an unsolicited offer from some T984 school that I've never even heard of. yaaaay.

SAAAAAMEEEE! The Law school spam is getting so bad! I get like 20-30 emails a day. And I see the emails that say "Today is the last day to apply!" and think " Oh thank god! After today, this school will stop bothering me! " and then the next day I get "Good News! We extended your deadline!" and I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STAAHPP!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

morningstar

Postby morningstar » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:50 pm

Drowninmyowntears wrote:
morningstar wrote:I did just get an acceptance, so I guess I can't say it's been completely unproductive, but it's from a school that I applied to as a super-safety school.

SAAAAAMEEEE! The Law school spam is getting so bad! I get like 20-30 emails a day. And I see the emails that say "Today is the last day to apply!" and think " Oh thank god! After today, this school will stop bothering me! " and then the next day I get "Good News! We extended your deadline!" and I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STAAHPP!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

This. EXACTLY this. Who is your worst offender? We should start a Law School Spammers thread. Mine has got to be a tie between Indiana University Maurer, Valparaiso, and Ohio State Moritz.

Drowninmyowntears

Postby Drowninmyowntears » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:55 pm

morningstar wrote:
Drowninmyowntears wrote:

This. EXACTLY this. Who is your worst offender? We should start a Law School Spammers thread. Mine has got to be a tie between Indiana University Maurer, Valparaiso, and Ohio State Moritz.

William Mitchell Law, Valparaiso, St. John's, UMass, Pitt Law, CWRU, +150 more

Idk, there are SO MANY OFFENDERS, I feel like I'm leaving some awful spammers out, but it would take me all day to name them all!

KMart

Postby KMart » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:15 pm

Took me a few months to realize there's a "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of those emails. FWIW, it helps prevent them.

miamiri

Postby miamiri » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:15 pm

Drowninmyowntears wrote:
morningstar wrote:
Drowninmyowntears wrote:

William Mitchell Law, Valparaiso, St. John's, UMass, Pitt Law, CWRU, +150 more

Idk, there are SO MANY OFFENDERS, I feel like I'm leaving some awful spammers out, but it would take me all day to name them all!

University of Akron is the absolute worst in my case. Email every other day...

pamiam1218

Postby pamiam1218 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:09 pm

KMart wrote:Took me a few months to realize there's a "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of those emails. FWIW, it helps prevent them.

+1. The unsubscribe button makes my life!

NoBladesNoBows

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”