Law School Survey Phone Call

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HopefulURM

Law School Survey Phone Call

Postby HopefulURM » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Received a phone call from a Maryland number a little while back from a call center. The representative said it was the "Student Senate" (or something like that) and wanted to ask a few questions about law school. They said I would be receiving a $50 gift card for participating in the survey (obviously a scam) but I played along.

The first question they asked me was if I was planning to attend law school in the Fall, I said yes. Second question was a bit more interesting. "Which of the schools you have applied to, which you think you have a moderate to good chance of being accepted to, do you plan to attend in the Fall?" I answered that I wasn't sure at the moment as there were too many variables to consider. They didn't ask anymore questions after that. Needless to say I did not receive the gift card :x

Just curious if anyone else has received this type of phone call. Thought it could be a school maybe doing some questioning in part of making an application decision...but that could just be my paranoia and anxiety from waiting on decisions hah!

LVbucknell

Re: Law School Survey Phone Call

Postby LVbucknell » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:15 pm

I got the same call, and did the survey. They are sending me a check for 50 bucks in late april

HopefulURM

Postby HopefulURM » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Did they ask you for your address or anything? Any idea how they got your contact information? Thought it could be through LSAC.

LVbucknell

Postby LVbucknell » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:29 pm

They asked for my address because they sent info for a follow up interview which I completed

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:26 pm

It's just market research. No one is doing this to decide whether to accept you or not.

downbeat14

Postby downbeat14 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:28 pm

Last edited by downbeat14 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:20 am

They asked me if I was willing to take a ride in a van to get into my top school choice, and I told them I was standing outside with my jacket on, come pick me up.

They got your name from LSAC.

The survey, while it can seem quick is a bit tedious when giving them the results over the phone. The 3rd part - reading all those pages, was when I wondered if it was worth the free meal

HopefulURM

Postby HopefulURM » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:17 pm

storpappa wrote:They asked me if I was willing to take a ride in a van to get into my top school choice, and I told them I was standing outside with my jacket on, come pick me up.

They got your name from LSAC.

The survey, while it can seem quick is a bit tedious when giving them the results over the phone. The 3rd part - reading all those pages, was when I wondered if it was worth the free meal

<---- I was driving that van

How interesting, I didn't get past the second question asking me what school I planned on attending. They just hung up haha.

Winston1984

Postby Winston1984 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:22 pm

LVbucknell wrote:I got the same call, and did the survey. They are sending me a check for 50 bucks in late april

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”