Supplemental Letter of Rec

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Drowninmyowntears

Supplemental Letter of Rec

Postby Drowninmyowntears » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:45 pm

Hey all, thinking about submitting a letter of rec to try to get off the waitlist at UCLA. I think it will be a really strong letter with a good chance of bumping me off the waitlist. I just want to make sure I time it right. Do you think I should send it ASAP or I was thinking wait until right before deposit deadlines, so they receive it right when spots are opening up. Thoughts? Advice?

rnoodles

Re: Supplemental Letter of Rec

Postby rnoodles » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:16 pm

Drowninmyowntears wrote:Hey all, thinking about submitting a letter of rec to try to get off the waitlist at UCLA. I think it will be a really strong letter with a good chance of bumping me off the waitlist. I just want to make sure I time it right. Do you think I should send it ASAP or I was thinking wait until right before deposit deadlines, so they receive it right when spots are opening up. Thoughts? Advice?

Honestly, why wait? Seats are always being given up and you don't want to miss your chance. So wait a reasonable amount of time (maybe a week or so) and then send it. Good luck! :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”