University of Utah C/O 2018

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sp_crowell

Re: University of Utah C/O 2018

Postby sp_crowell » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:18 pm

magnuswalton

Postby magnuswalton » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:03 pm

Hello SP Crowell. As we have clearly demonstrated (especially by the intervention on the part of XYLOCARP)...people on THIS forum value and care about details...hence the proverbial "ruffled feathers" over AT OR ABOVE when it comes to the LSAT score discussed previously.

I have now FINALLY convinced my humble and kind friend who was awarded one of the 88% scholarships to show me his scholarship letter. In that letter, which I saw with my own very set of eyeballs (signed by Reyes Aguilar), it is very clear that the 88% scholarship it the "most prestigious merit scholarship award" at the U for the upcoming class.

Normally, one would say who cares about 2%. But, details matter! So, did you really get a 90% scholarship, or were you rounding up?...and yes I am assuming that Reyes Aguilar is telling the truth in his email! He is a good man.[/quote]

My scholarship letter also says that I received "our most prestigious merit scholarship award" and my scholarship is for far less than 90% or 88%. It is simply referring to the fact that it is a merit scholarship. Just give it up.[/quote]

If the University of Utah is using the words "our most prestigious merit scholarship award" for different percentages of scholarships, then I would say they are misrepresenting information. The statement by Mack04 that there may be some games being played by using "merit" made sense...and is quite disheartening given the claim that the U always makes about being transparent....BUT IF as ChiefOfstenaco states that he/she was given the exact same wording "our most prestigious merit scholarship award" and was given less than 88%, then I would say that the UofU has some serious explaining to do...Either way, if these facts are accurate, I am much less trustful of what Rayes Aguilar states in his scholarship offer letters....and accordingly I have lost a great deal of faith in the UofU.

magnuswalton

Postby magnuswalton » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:03 pm

If the University of Utah is using the words "our most prestigious merit scholarship award" for different percentages of scholarships, then I would say they are misrepresenting information. The statement by Mack04 that there may be some games being played by using "merit" made sense...and is quite disheartening given the claim that the U always makes about being transparent....BUT IF as ChiefOfstenaco states that he/she was given the exact same wording "our most prestigious merit scholarship award" and was given less than 88%, then I would say that the UofU has some serious explaining to do...Either way, if these facts are accurate, I am much less trustful of what Rayes Aguilar states in his scholarship offer letters....and accordingly I have lost a great deal of faith in the UofU.

Andrew6162

Postby Andrew6162 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:25 pm

Anyone else playing the wait-list game?

jrthor10

Postby jrthor10 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:16 am

Anyone currently enrolled at Utah or going to be there this fall still looking at this? Let me know--have a need for football tix and willing to make it worth your time!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”