Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pta
Posts: 1851
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Post removed...

Postby pta » Wed May 27, 2015 6:27 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by pta on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
svx5013
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:37 am

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby svx5013 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:39 pm

I got the feeler email last week, but I didn't receive the feeler call this week...probably because they don't make international phone calls :?: :?:

lmm92
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:36 am

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby lmm92 » Wed May 27, 2015 10:26 pm

svx5013 wrote:I got the feeler email last week, but I didn't receive the feeler call this week...probably because they don't make international phone calls :?: :?:


This is purely speculation with no evidence, but, 1) I think they would call you regardless of international status and 2) depending on how you responded to the email they might not need to call you. Someone who said they will definitely 100% undoubtedly attend GULC is probably not someone they need to feel out further since they know where you stand. Though some people have since received phone calls, we don't know what exactly they said in their email, which could have prompted adcom to follow up to learn more. At least this is what I tell myself to help with the emotional anxiety :P

Hope this helps :)

monkeyKT
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby monkeyKT » Wed May 27, 2015 10:35 pm

Any ideas or predictions as to whether they'll start admitting people without the high GPA requirement they seem to be going after? Or is that basically all they'll go by...

User avatar
svx5013
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:37 am

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby svx5013 » Thu May 28, 2015 2:40 am

lmm92 wrote:
svx5013 wrote:I got the feeler email last week, but I didn't receive the feeler call this week...probably because they don't make international phone calls :?: :?:


This is purely speculation with no evidence, but, 1) I think they would call you regardless of international status and 2) depending on how you responded to the email they might not need to call you. Someone who said they will definitely 100% undoubtedly attend GULC is probably not someone they need to feel out further since they know where you stand. Though some people have since received phone calls, we don't know what exactly they said in their email, which could have prompted adcom to follow up to learn more. At least this is what I tell myself to help with the emotional anxiety :P

Hope this helps :)


whatever decision they have for me, I just hope they can do it quick...painless

susie1
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 10:42 am

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby susie1 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:43 am

i am on the regular waitlist (nonpriority) and i received a feeler email and a feeler call this morning and they offered me admission today today if anyone is curious!

User avatar
svx5013
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:37 am

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby svx5013 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:47 am

susie1 wrote:i am on the regular waitlist (nonpriority) and i received a feeler email and a feeler call this morning and they offered me admission today today if anyone is curious!


why they didn't call me :(

in your response to the feeler email, did you mention something like you will definitely attend?

lmm92
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:36 am

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby lmm92 » Fri May 29, 2015 3:03 am

Saw on fb that a friend of mine got off the waitlist today. I don't know his stats or waitlist status (preferred v. regular) but I thought I'd share.

Looks like they're making a fair amount of acceptances. I wonder when it comes to the point where they've looked at us and have decided "no".

cheeseballs
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:19 am

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby cheeseballs » Fri May 29, 2015 4:49 pm

In today from preferred list after feeler and Skype call, reverse splitter

Kaizen428
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby Kaizen428 » Fri May 29, 2015 5:09 pm

cheeseballs wrote:In today from preferred list after feeler and Skype call, reverse splitter


For all those who got the feeler email and then the feeler call follow up and acceptance how many days are they giving you to decide?

cheeseballs
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:19 am

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby cheeseballs » Fri May 29, 2015 5:12 pm

Kaizen428 wrote:
cheeseballs wrote:In today from preferred list after feeler and Skype call, reverse splitter


For all those who got the feeler email and then the feeler call follow up and acceptance how many days are they giving you to decide?


I think I have until June 8th

Blue0613
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:37 pm

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby Blue0613 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:07 pm

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by Blue0613 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
svx5013
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:37 am

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby svx5013 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:28 pm

would you please at least free up one space in one of these three schools :shock: :shock: :shock:

susie1
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 10:42 am

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby susie1 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:54 pm

svx5013 wrote:
susie1 wrote:i am on the regular waitlist (nonpriority) and i received a feeler email and a feeler call this morning and they offered me admission today today if anyone is curious!


why they didn't call me :(

in your response to the feeler email, did you mention something like you will definitely attend?


sorry! meant to respond earlier. i never explicitly stated that i would definitely attend but i did mention reasons why i would love to attend and why i think georgetown is the best fit for me! during the phone call, i also never gave them a guarantee that i would definitely attend if given the option! hope that helps haha

User avatar
svx5013
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:37 am

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby svx5013 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:45 pm

susie1 wrote:
svx5013 wrote:
susie1 wrote:i am on the regular waitlist (nonpriority) and i received a feeler email and a feeler call this morning and they offered me admission today today if anyone is curious!


why they didn't call me :(

in your response to the feeler email, did you mention something like you will definitely attend?


sorry! meant to respond earlier. i never explicitly stated that i would definitely attend but i did mention reasons why i would love to attend and why i think georgetown is the best fit for me! during the phone call, i also never gave them a guarantee that i would definitely attend if given the option! hope that helps haha


i see, thank you

cheeseballs
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:19 am

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby cheeseballs » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:42 am

lmm92 wrote:
svx5013 wrote:I got the feeler email last week, but I didn't receive the feeler call this week...probably because they don't make international phone calls :?: :?:


This is purely speculation with no evidence, but, 1) I think they would call you regardless of international status and 2) depending on how you responded to the email they might not need to call you. Someone who said they will definitely 100% undoubtedly attend GULC is probably not someone they need to feel out further since they know where you stand. Though some people have since received phone calls, we don't know what exactly they said in their email, which could have prompted adcom to follow up to learn more. At least this is what I tell myself to help with the emotional anxiety :P

Hope this helps :)


They also knew I am out of the country so they emailed me first to set up a Skype time. Don't stress about missing a phone call:)

User avatar
svx5013
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:37 am

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby svx5013 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:11 am

cheeseballs wrote:
lmm92 wrote:
svx5013 wrote:I got the feeler email last week, but I didn't receive the feeler call this week...probably because they don't make international phone calls :?: :?:


This is purely speculation with no evidence, but, 1) I think they would call you regardless of international status and 2) depending on how you responded to the email they might not need to call you. Someone who said they will definitely 100% undoubtedly attend GULC is probably not someone they need to feel out further since they know where you stand. Though some people have since received phone calls, we don't know what exactly they said in their email, which could have prompted adcom to follow up to learn more. At least this is what I tell myself to help with the emotional anxiety :P

Hope this helps :)


They also knew I am out of the country so they emailed me first to set up a Skype time. Don't stress about missing a phone call:)


but they didn't set up a skype call with me.........................

WhatCouldHaveBeen
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby WhatCouldHaveBeen » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:09 am

Has anyone received the feeler email and call then nothing since...other than me?! And yes to also being a reverse splitter.

I responded to feeler email the week before last and had feeler call last Wednesday, nothing since. My general message was my interest is very high but I'd need to see how all the financials played out were I to receive an offer. Seems like most people heard the day of or after the call. Not sure if it's bad sign or not I haven't heard, but also not losing sleep over it because I am happy with where I am currently headed. Maybe I wasn't over the top enthusiastic enough? Debating whether to send an email follow up reiterating (/ more strongly conveying) interest...

113
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby 113 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:14 pm

Positive May e-mail.
Positive feeler e-mail.
Acceptance on Friday May 29
(Reverse Splitter). Withdrawing- going to Penn!
Good luck! I'm pulling for you all!

WhatCouldHaveBeen
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby WhatCouldHaveBeen » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:35 pm

113 wrote:Positive May e-mail.
Positive feeler e-mail.
Acceptance on Friday May 29
(Reverse Splitter). Withdrawing- going to Penn!
Good luck! I'm pulling for you all!


congrats!! Penn will be great! Curious how long it was between your most recent feeler email (did you have a call?) and your acceptance on May 29? Thanks!

User avatar
ckyo01
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:55 am

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby ckyo01 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:17 pm

so what do we think about today's update email? (in which it says gulc will get back to us no later than 6/19 with another update)

monkeyKT
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby monkeyKT » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:25 pm

ckyo01 wrote:so what do we think about today's update email? (in which it says gulc will get back to us no later than 6/19 with another update)


Was surprised it came out so early, shouldn't it have been 6/7?

mickey_mouse
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby mickey_mouse » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:53 pm

Agreed, glad it came earlier, better than the way NW is handling things with their held/ waitlist/ whatever they call it when they still don't official have decisions out to people yet.

monkeyKT
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby monkeyKT » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:25 pm

.
Last edited by monkeyKT on Fri May 20, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaizen428
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Postby Kaizen428 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:51 pm

monkeyKT wrote:Does anyone know whether the update today went out to everyone across all the waitlists?

Furthermore, was this the same language they used last year? Or is it truly a fuller class....


I got the email update today and I also got the feeler email last week but never heard back after I responded. Regular waitlist.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: genjustice, hellohalo, Keilz, Pugnax, ramp_999, sec_undergrad, spursforever, TriSapien and 20 guests