Waitlist Championships- class of 2018

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lunaluna

Re: Waitlist Championships- class of 2018

Postby Lunaluna » Wed May 06, 2015 2:18 pm

Hey @pancakes, I just withdrew my application from CU Boulder, so hopefully a space and a nice scholly will become available soon! Let's hope they offer them to you :)

pancakes

Postby pancakes » Wed May 06, 2015 2:31 pm

Lunaluna wrote:Hey @pancakes, I just withdrew my application from CU Boulder, so hopefully a space and a nice scholly will become available soon! Let's hope they offer them to you :)

Thanks Lunaluna! Either way I'll be in Colorado next year :)

JGMotorsport

Postby JGMotorsport » Thu May 07, 2015 5:40 pm

Finals Time!

11 Applications
2 Rejections: Houston, UC Davis
2 Waitlists: Arizona, Colorado
7 Acceptances: Arizona State, New Mexico, UNLV, UC Irvine, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah

95% Attending Arizona State

I call it moderately successful, bummed about Arizona specifically but life rolls on.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Thu May 07, 2015 10:05 pm

I had this bookmarked, but until a final decision arrived this week, I didn't have a complete list.

6 WL, 1 of which is "PWL"

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Wed May 20, 2015 9:11 am

For all those still waiting to hear back, wanting to find answers to their burning admissions chance questions: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=248166

Phattypattyfrost

Postby Phattypattyfrost » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:37 pm

Does anyone know what an interview at UChicago off the waitlist generally means for acceptance chances? I had one on 6/26 but I haven't heard anything since then.

hairbear7

Postby hairbear7 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:44 pm

Phattypattyfrost wrote:Does anyone know what an interview at UChicago off the waitlist generally means for acceptance chances? I had one on 6/26 but I haven't heard anything since then.

I'd send a follow-up email briefly reaffirming your interest.

michiarmen

Postby michiarmen » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:58 pm

i have received a feeler email from the University of Florida yesterday it basically said that within the coming week the committee will be making decisions regarding waitlist applications. they said after initial review i was considered a strong candidate and wanted to know if i was in a position to accept their offer if one was made to me.

i replied yes within two hours haha and received an immediate reply thanking for me for the quick response and that my file will be forwarded to the committee. i havent heard anything today and seeing as its almost 5pm i will imagine that i wont be hearing anything today.

does anyone know if this is generally a good sign of acceptance?

hairbear7

Postby hairbear7 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:07 pm

michiarmen wrote:i have received a feeler email from the University of Florida yesterday it basically said that within the coming week the committee will be making decisions regarding waitlist applications. they said after initial review i was considered a strong candidate and wanted to know if i was in a position to accept their offer if one was made to me.

i replied yes within two hours haha and received an immediate reply thanking for me for the quick response and that my file will be forwarded to the committee. i havent heard anything today and seeing as its almost 5pm i will imagine that i wont be hearing anything today.

does anyone know if this is generally a good sign of acceptance?

Telling them you are in a position to accept an offer increases your chances. But them responding to your email isn't a sign of anything.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”