Negotiating a Better Deal?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Negotiating a Better Deal?

Postby 22stud » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:53 pm

I was wondering how I should go about negotiating a better deal? I am hearing back from a few of my safety schools and have received a couple of full rides, but what factors should I keep in mind when my target schools get back to me? Should I try and leverage schools with similar rank, location, job placement, or a combination? Your advice and experience are greatly appreciated.

Re: Negotiating a Better Deal?

Postby psychmusic » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:58 pm

Last edited by psychmusic on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Negotiating a Better Deal?

Postby lawschool1741 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:17 pm

Definitely read through the thread linked above. Also, the X C/O 2017 threads can be helpful with timing and results of negotiations for specific schools.

Haven't yet done it personally, but the best advice I've seen (and what I intend on following) is to use all of the offers you have against the lowest ranked school. When they come back with more $$, use that (and all the other offers) against the second lowest ranked, and so on. That way you build up all the best possible offers towards the higher ranked and presumably reach schools.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”