Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
lizzielemon
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:41 pm

Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby lizzielemon » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:09 pm

I didn't see this thread anywhere!


Anyone else out there on waiting on loyola LA as well?

rouleur
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:19 am

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby rouleur » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:04 am

I found an acceptance packet in the mailbox yesterday... They offered $120k over 3 years with a top75% stip. I will be withdrawing my app, though. Best of luck to those still waiting.

User avatar
whitespider
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 am

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby whitespider » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:11 am

In via mail as of yesterday with 37.5k a year.

Hoping they negotiate, as it's one of my top choices.

User avatar
indypup
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:40 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby indypup » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:20 am

Did they email/change the status checker or did you just get snail mail? I have no current status listed on my status checker, but won't be at school to get my mail (home for winter break) for another week lol.

rouleur
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:19 am

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby rouleur » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:31 am

indypup wrote:Did they email/change the status checker or did you just get snail mail? I have no current status listed on my status checker, but won't be at school to get my mail (home for winter break) for another week lol.


Well, I didn't look at status checker since 1/6. On 1/6 it said "complete". I did not receive any emails from loyola over the past couple of weeks, so when I saw the envelope I was surprised. I just checked it tonight and it says a decision was mailed.

ETA: the note about the decision being mailed is at the top of the page, not in the normal place on the status checker where the status is usually displayed, so yeah, it looks blank.

User avatar
lizzielemon
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby lizzielemon » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:44 am

rouleur wrote:
indypup wrote:Did they email/change the status checker or did you just get snail mail? I have no current status listed on my status checker, but won't be at school to get my mail (home for winter break) for another week lol.


Well, I didn't look at status checker since 1/6. On 1/6 it said "complete". I did not receive any emails from loyola over the past couple of weeks, so when I saw the envelope I was surprised. I just checked it tonight and it says a decision was mailed.

ETA: the note about the decision being mailed is at the top of the page, not in the normal place on the status checker where the status is usually displayed, so yeah, it looks blank.


Mine doesnt' show any status bar at all, not even "complete" or a date of completion. Just shows on the top of the page that it is complete and ready for review in a paragraph.

User avatar
enotini
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:09 am

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby enotini » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:18 am

lizzielemon wrote:
rouleur wrote:
indypup wrote:Did they email/change the status checker or did you just get snail mail? I have no current status listed on my status checker, but won't be at school to get my mail (home for winter break) for another week lol.


Well, I didn't look at status checker since 1/6. On 1/6 it said "complete". I did not receive any emails from loyola over the past couple of weeks, so when I saw the envelope I was surprised. I just checked it tonight and it says a decision was mailed.

ETA: the note about the decision being mailed is at the top of the page, not in the normal place on the status checker where the status is usually displayed, so yeah, it looks blank.


Mine doesnt' show any status bar at all, not even "complete" or a date of completion. Just shows on the top of the page that it is complete and ready for review in a paragraph.


Same with mine. I applied October 30th and Loyola has been dead silent.

ADRRDA
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:16 am

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby ADRRDA » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:14 pm

Same story here, message reading "We have received all requirements and your application is now COMPLETE and ready for the review process." at the top of status checker since 10/22. Perhaps they just don't really use the status checker apart from stating that the app is complete, and that a decision is mailed?

User avatar
enotini
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:09 am

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby enotini » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:43 am

So I got e-mailed a decision on SUNDAY, January 18th. So weird. Anyway, I got accepted and should be receiving my admission packet this week sometime. The e-mail didn't contain any information on scholarship info, so I'm assuming that will be in the admissions packet.

kokoshes
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby kokoshes » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Applied in September, got in last week. Really not happy with my scholarship; currently negotiating b/c would really like to attend. Keeping fingers crossed.

Good luck all! :)

Ms4life
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby Ms4life » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:35 pm

Anyone looking to move to LA beginning June 1st? I have a really great spot in a really awesome location (1304 W.2nd St. 90026)! PM me for more details and picture

User avatar
Alembic_of_Man
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:42 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby Alembic_of_Man » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:12 pm

Got in with a pretty alright scholarship but will definitely be negotiating as well.
Was pretty excited when I got the letter - moving back to LA would be such a thrill and this law school is definitely a step above places like Chapman and S.Clara.

User avatar
spencercross
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby spencercross » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:23 pm

rouleur wrote:I found an acceptance packet in the mailbox yesterday... They offered $120k over 3 years with a top75% stip. I will be withdrawing my app, though. Best of luck to those still waiting.

Would you be willing to share your numbers, or at least how they compared to Loyola's medians?

User avatar
spencercross
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby spencercross » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:24 pm

whitespider wrote:In via mail as of yesterday with 37.5k a year.


As I asked another poster, would you be willing to share your numbers, or at least how they compared to Loyola's medians?

User avatar
whitespider
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 am

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby whitespider » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:42 pm

163/3.57

Strong softs and work experience.

User avatar
spencercross
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby spencercross » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:57 pm

whitespider wrote:163/3.57

Strong softs and work experience.

Great to know, thanks.

rouleur
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:19 am

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby rouleur » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:00 pm

spencercross wrote:
rouleur wrote:I found an acceptance packet in the mailbox yesterday... They offered $120k over 3 years with a top75% stip. I will be withdrawing my app, though. Best of luck to those still waiting.

Would you be willing to share your numbers, or at least how they compared to Loyola's medians?


166 / 3.7

User avatar
spencercross
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby spencercross » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:21 pm

rouleur wrote:
spencercross wrote:
rouleur wrote:I found an acceptance packet in the mailbox yesterday... They offered $120k over 3 years with a top75% stip. I will be withdrawing my app, though. Best of luck to those still waiting.

Would you be willing to share your numbers, or at least how they compared to Loyola's medians?


166 / 3.7

Cool, thanks.

User avatar
lizzielemon
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby lizzielemon » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:22 pm

Absolutely no movement on my app since 1/3ish - any idea how long it takes for an app to get into review?

Cougkid93
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby Cougkid93 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:17 pm

checking in. i went complete like 3 weeks ago. still nothing from them. Loyola is appealing they have a lot of alum in the DA's and have a strong showcase of private attorney's.

bsktkl
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby bsktkl » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:04 pm

went complete 1/27, status checker hasn't moved from complete and no word from loyola yet :(

166/3.5, int'l law

User avatar
lizzielemon
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby lizzielemon » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:13 pm

bsktkl wrote:went complete 1/27, status checker hasn't moved from complete and no word from loyola yet :(

166/3.5, int'l law


Same, went complete 1/6. I don't think the status checker moves from what I've heard.

crispypaez
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:12 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby crispypaez » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:50 pm

lizzielemon wrote:
bsktkl wrote:went complete 1/27, status checker hasn't moved from complete and no word from loyola yet :(

166/3.5, int'l law


Same, went complete 1/6. I don't think the status checker moves from what I've heard.


Went complete around the same time I think...hard to remember since there isn't a status date. The only thing I've noticed as of Thursday is that the program time was finally added in. Not sure if that means anything or if they have even gotten to my file. -____-

TheMick
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:19 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby TheMick » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:53 pm

I received my acceptance in the mail yesterday.

There was nothing in there about scholarships though. Does that mean they are not offering me anything?

newcomer5
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:37 pm

Re: Loyola Law (Los Angeles) c/o 2018

Postby newcomer5 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:23 pm

TheMick wrote:I received my acceptance in the mail yesterday.

There was nothing in there about scholarships though. Does that mean they are not offering me anything?


Did they call or email you, or did you just receive the acceptance in the mail?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”