IIT Chicago-Kent c/o 2018 (2014-2015 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
pcph
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 8:08 pm

IIT Chicago-Kent c/o 2018 (2014-2015 cycle)

Postby pcph » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:19 pm

.
Last edited by pcph on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

laserusjm
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:23 pm

Re: IIT Chicago-Kent c/o 2018 (2014-2015 cycle)

Postby laserusjm » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:26 pm

In as well! Being in Chicago and doing IP here could be a really nice option!

ducks1989
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:19 pm

Re: IIT Chicago-Kent c/o 2018 (2014-2015 cycle)

Postby ducks1989 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:18 pm

In! But with no scholarship.

How willing/ generous is Kent with scholarship negotiation?

Also, when is the best time to start negotiating?

User avatar
pcph
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Re: IIT Chicago-Kent c/o 2018 (2014-2015 cycle)

Postby pcph » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:38 pm

.
Last edited by pcph on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
carmensandiego
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:23 am

Re: IIT Chicago-Kent c/o 2018 (2014-2015 cycle)

Postby carmensandiego » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:31 pm

ducks1989 wrote:In! But with no scholarship.

How willing/ generous is Kent with scholarship negotiation?

Also, when is the best time to start negotiating?


Current Chicago-Kent 1L here. I was able to negotiate my scholarship to a higher amount; however, I had a scholarship offer in my acceptance packet.

It honestly doesn't hurt to try at all! Highlight your strengths and try and leverage other schools/their scholarship offers to the best you can.

Good luck.

huykachu
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:32 pm

Re: IIT Chicago-Kent c/o 2018 (2014-2015 cycle)

Postby huykachu » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:45 pm

carmensandiego wrote:
ducks1989 wrote:In! But with no scholarship.

How willing/ generous is Kent with scholarship negotiation?

Also, when is the best time to start negotiating?


Current Chicago-Kent 1L here. I was able to negotiate my scholarship to a higher amount; however, I had a scholarship offer in my acceptance packet.

It honestly doesn't hurt to try at all! Highlight your strengths and try and leverage other schools/their scholarship offers to the best you can.

Good luck.


The formal appeals process can be found here: http://www.kentlaw.iit.edu/current-students/tuition-and-financial-assistance/financial-aid/types-of-financial-aid/scholarships/scholarship-appeals

I'll just echo in saying it definitely doesn't hurt to try! They can't take your initial offer away so the worst they can do is leave you with the offer you already have.

ducks1989
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:19 pm

Re: IIT Chicago-Kent c/o 2018 (2014-2015 cycle)

Postby ducks1989 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:55 am

Thanks for the advice! Agreed, worth a shot. I have scholarship from other schools so I will try and use that as leverage!

Any thoughts on when the best time to negotiate is? Closer to seat deposit deadlines or sooner?

maclaw
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:23 pm

.

Postby maclaw » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:24 pm

.
Last edited by maclaw on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
bnazty
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:49 am

Re: IIT Chicago-Kent c/o 2018 (2014-2015 cycle)

Postby bnazty » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:18 pm

I got accepted and I believe the scholarship info was in my initial packet. I thought I read somewhere that Kent will "Match or better" all scholarship offers from other schools

User avatar
bnazty
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:49 am

Re: IIT Chicago-Kent c/o 2018 (2014-2015 cycle)

Postby bnazty » Wed May 20, 2015 3:26 pm

anybody going to orientation today?

champloo
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:09 pm

Re: IIT Chicago-Kent c/o 2018 (2014-2015 cycle)

Postby champloo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:30 pm

asking for a friend but has anyone heard anything from the waitlist?

User avatar
runinthefront
Posts: 1105
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 am

Re: IIT Chicago-Kent c/o 2018 (2014-2015 cycle)

Postby runinthefront » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:33 pm

champloo wrote:asking for a friend but has anyone heard anything from the waitlist?


your friend should retake the LSAT

champloo
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:09 pm

Re: IIT Chicago-Kent c/o 2018 (2014-2015 cycle)

Postby champloo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:00 pm

runinthefront wrote:
champloo wrote:asking for a friend but has anyone heard anything from the waitlist?


your friend should retake the LSAT


Although you're right, you're in the wrong forum. Again, anyone hear anything about the waitlist?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob loblaw law blog, Christinabruin, Google [Bot], jurisdoctor2020, proteinshake, trohara14 and 31 guests