University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
misskatejd
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby misskatejd » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:41 pm

Which admitted students day is everyone attending??? Think ill be there for the March 27 one!

hotasaflamingcheetoh
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:54 am

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby hotasaflamingcheetoh » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:58 pm

GaIP2011 wrote:In by email yesterday! Such a relief!


Congrats. Your first choice?

Sounds like another cycle coming. Does anyone know if they reject by email as well?

itascot1992
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby itascot1992 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:15 am

hotasaflamingcheetoh wrote:
GaIP2011 wrote:In by email yesterday! Such a relief!


Congrats. Your first choice?

Sounds like another cycle coming. Does anyone know if they reject by email as well?


yes they do reject by email

violettie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:39 am

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby violettie » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:23 pm

misskatejd wrote:Which admitted students day is everyone attending??? Think ill be there for the March 27 one!

Is there an event for admitted students on Mar 27th? I didn't receive that, only a reception in Riverside at noon tomorrow and another one in OC at night. I got admission email on Monday, info for these events yesterday and the events are tomorrow! I am going to the Riverside one tomorrow.

GaIP2011
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:38 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby GaIP2011 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:32 pm

itascot1992 wrote:
hotasaflamingcheetoh wrote:
GaIP2011 wrote:In by email yesterday! Such a relief!


Congrats. Your first choice?

Sounds like another cycle coming. Does anyone know if they reject by email as well?


yes they do reject by email


No this is my second choice for PT. I live in Ga so it would be a cross country move and hopefully my job is supportive!

Kaizen428
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby Kaizen428 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:47 pm

misskatejd wrote:Which admitted students day is everyone attending??? Think ill be there for the March 27 one!


+1

adbm29
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby adbm29 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:49 pm

I sent a scholarship negotiation email to SD and they responded and said that the Dean would like to discuss my negotiation over the phone. Call is in a few hours. This happen for anyone else? If so, what was asked?

misskatejd
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby misskatejd » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:57 pm

adbm29 wrote:I sent a scholarship negotiation email to SD and they responded and said that the Dean would like to discuss my negotiation over the phone. Call is in a few hours. This happen for anyone else? If so, what was asked?


I sent a scholarships negotiation email yesterday! Wish they could just email for everything instead of a potentially awkward call, good to know though. Do you mind updating us on how it goes and what the dean asks you?

adbm29
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby adbm29 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:58 pm

misskatejd wrote:
adbm29 wrote:I sent a scholarship negotiation email to SD and they responded and said that the Dean would like to discuss my negotiation over the phone. Call is in a few hours. This happen for anyone else? If so, what was asked?


I sent a scholarships negotiation email yesterday! Wish they could just email for everything instead of a potentially awkward call, good to know though. Do you mind updating us on how it goes and what the dean asks you?


Right?! I was really hoping they would just give me a yes or no. I'll let you know what was discussed. Also, if you guys are planning on sending negotiations, attach the offers from other schools. They asked me to do this after i didn't in the initial email.

misskatejd
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby misskatejd » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:39 pm

adbm29 wrote:
misskatejd wrote:
adbm29 wrote:I sent a scholarship negotiation email to SD and they responded and said that the Dean would like to discuss my negotiation over the phone. Call is in a few hours. This happen for anyone else? If so, what was asked?


I sent a scholarships negotiation email yesterday! Wish they could just email for everything instead of a potentially awkward call, good to know though. Do you mind updating us on how it goes and what the dean asks you?


Right?! I was really hoping they would just give me a yes or no. I'll let you know what was discussed. Also, if you guys are planning on sending negotiations, attach the offers from other schools. They asked me to do this after i didn't in the initial email.


So i just got an email back basically saying no. However they obviously put time into the email, as it was probably over a page long and personally addressed specifics in my original email. Oh well, to be fair, I already got their $39,000/year scholarship no stips, just thought I would try. Best of luck to you!

adbm29
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby adbm29 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:21 pm

misskatejd wrote:
adbm29 wrote:
misskatejd wrote:
adbm29 wrote:I sent a scholarship negotiation email to SD and they responded and said that the Dean would like to discuss my negotiation over the phone. Call is in a few hours. This happen for anyone else? If so, what was asked?


I sent a scholarships negotiation email yesterday! Wish they could just email for everything instead of a potentially awkward call, good to know though. Do you mind updating us on how it goes and what the dean asks you?


Right?! I was really hoping they would just give me a yes or no. I'll let you know what was discussed. Also, if you guys are planning on sending negotiations, attach the offers from other schools. They asked me to do this after i didn't in the initial email.


So i just got an email back basically saying no. However they obviously put time into the email, as it was probably over a page long and personally addressed specifics in my original email. Oh well, to be fair, I already got their $39,000/year scholarship no stips, just thought I would try. Best of luck to you!


Dean was incredibly nice. Very casual conversation. He boosted the scholarship to match Loyola's offer.

misskatejd
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby misskatejd » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:59 pm

^ Awesome good to hear! Hope it was a big boost :) Do you think you will be attending USD?

jrailey15
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby jrailey15 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:45 pm

I just did a negotiation and didnt have to talk with the dean. I just got an email a few days later with a new award. Hope that helps and Good luck!

mak04
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby mak04 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:33 pm

I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly they made their decision!
I got in March 9th, application was complete on the 5th and was offered $43K per year.

alcandro
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby alcandro » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:46 pm

While I was planning on holding out another year, I applied on a whim on 3/12. My file was complete today, 3/13, seems as if springs apps are being processed pretty quickly. Looking forward to hearing back from them soon based on what others have been saying

User avatar
Harry_Pluxen
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:33 pm

Is it too late in the cycle to apply to USD? Does anyone know how their long application cycle (Sept-August) play into their admissions decisions? I'm very interested in their corporate/tax law program and practicing in South California.

mak04
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby mak04 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:29 am

Harry_Pluxen wrote:Is it too late in the cycle to apply to USD? Does anyone know how their long application cycle (Sept-August) play into their admissions decisions? I'm very interested in their corporate/tax law program and practicing in South California.


I don't know how much it plays into their admission decisions, but I think you should still apply! I completed my application about 3 weeks ago and heard back very quickly. I am sure the same thing would happen to you.

User avatar
duras92
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:46 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby duras92 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:18 pm

mak04 wrote:
Harry_Pluxen wrote:Is it too late in the cycle to apply to USD? Does anyone know how their long application cycle (Sept-August) play into their admissions decisions? I'm very interested in their corporate/tax law program and practicing in South California.


I don't know how much it plays into their admission decisions, but I think you should still apply! I completed my application about 3 weeks ago and heard back very quickly. I am sure the same thing would happen to you.


Stats? Admission decision?

mak04
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby mak04 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:59 am

duras9992 wrote:
mak04 wrote:
Harry_Pluxen wrote:Is it too late in the cycle to apply to USD? Does anyone know how their long application cycle (Sept-August) play into their admissions decisions? I'm very interested in their corporate/tax law program and practicing in South California.


I don't know how much it plays into their admission decisions, but I think you should still apply! I completed my application about 3 weeks ago and heard back very quickly. I am sure the same thing would happen to you.


Stats? Admission decision?


Admitted
GPA 3.9
LSAT 163

User avatar
cannonball89
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby cannonball89 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:13 pm

Does anyone know when we will get our actual financial aid packages? I know we should be able to access it through the mysandiego protal but nothing for financial aid has popped up on there. Ive gotten packages from almost every other school already... waiting to see about workstudy

cheesecakes
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:55 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby cheesecakes » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:12 pm

Status complete since 12/18 - Should I be expecting something soon or is this normal for it to take this long? Seems like everyone else is hearing back much quicker. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

KGLaw18
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:32 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby KGLaw18 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:22 pm

misskatejd wrote:Which admitted students day is everyone attending??? Think ill be there for the March 27 one!


+1

Anyone else going tomorrow? Should be nice and HOT out! :)

User avatar
indypup
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:40 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby indypup » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:00 pm

Received financial aid package today!

hermione92
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:49 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby hermione92 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:51 pm

I wasn't able to attend ASD on Friday because I visited another school, but has anyone visited USD that would like to say how it went? I am definitely considering it bc of their scholarship offer! I just feel behind since I haven't gotten out there to visit yet.

misskatejd
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2018 Applicants (2014-15 cycle)

Postby misskatejd » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 pm

I went to the admit day this past Friday. I enjoyed it. They began with a simulated class, which was relatively short and the professor went easy, no one was called out. Then we took a tour of the law school, the exterior is obviously really pretty, however the interior was a little dated (who cares). After the tour there was a Q & A panel with current students, a 1L, 2L and a 3L. Not sure why they choose these students, as they didn't seem to be able to intelligently or confidently answers peoples questions but oh well, they are probably just volunteers. There was also a lunch later in the day, where we were assigned seating, as to be sitting with at least one or two faculty members or alumni. It was nice to mingle with everyone. (the food was also delicious) Everyone, including the dean, seemed very approachable, outgoing, and overall warm. After lunch the had a presentation on financial aid and scholarships. I already have a nice scholarship, but they spoke about making it possible for people to earn one, or earn more, dependent on their 1L performance. Also, they said after seat deposits are in and they see how much money they actually have to give out, they go back and try to give people who didn't have a scholarship a little money. I was pretty much already set on the school because of my scholarship, but being able to see everything in person really helped solidify my choice. It is much more assuring to have been in person and get a feel of the campus. Coming from the hot central valley, the weather was also a plus!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], JordanLaw15, laowhynot109 and 10 guests