What to Expect When You're Expecting Part Two: Class of 2018

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
capricasixx

Re: What to Expect When You're Expecting Part Two: Class of 2018

Postby capricasixx » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:03 pm

mayorscurvy wrote:
capricasixx wrote:
mayorscurvy wrote:
capricasixx wrote:
mayorscurvy wrote:
capricasixx wrote:Bumping this thread now that more decisions are rolling in. Anyone have intel on some of the lower T1 schools? UW for instance?

Forgive me, but when has UW been considered a lower T1? Just based off of less than expected employment?

Lower T1 as in not T14. I felt I needed to qualify because TLS tends to be so T14-focused.

Fair. Just wondering! And I heard back from UW relatively soon after I submitted (complete in early Jan, heard back end of Jan), but of course they have the infamous scholarship essay. I submitted that weeks ago, haven't heard anything (deadline is March 15).

How did they notify you? Email/mail/phone?

Email at like 6pm PT on a Friday which was bizarre, and a phone call (that I didn't pick up whoops) the next Monday.

Oh, interesting. Now I have justification for obsessively refreshing the status checker at illogical times of day.

frasier

Re: What to Expect When You're Expecting Part Two: Class of 2018

Postby frasier » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:15 am

capricasixx wrote:
mayorscurvy wrote:
capricasixx wrote:
mayorscurvy wrote:
capricasixx wrote:
mayorscurvy wrote:
capricasixx wrote:Bumping this thread now that more decisions are rolling in. Anyone have intel on some of the lower T1 schools? UW for instance?

Forgive me, but when has UW been considered a lower T1? Just based off of less than expected employment?

Lower T1 as in not T14. I felt I needed to qualify because TLS tends to be so T14-focused.

Fair. Just wondering! And I heard back from UW relatively soon after I submitted (complete in early Jan, heard back end of Jan), but of course they have the infamous scholarship essay. I submitted that weeks ago, haven't heard anything (deadline is March 15).

How did they notify you? Email/mail/phone?

Email at like 6pm PT on a Friday which was bizarre, and a phone call (that I didn't pick up whoops) the next Monday.

Oh, interesting. Now I have justification for obsessively refreshing the status checker at illogical times of day.

I got a Duke acceptance at ~3pm on a Sunday, FWIW

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”