Indecision Letter? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hunterdragon

New

Indecision Letter?

Post by hunterdragon » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:42 pm

I received a decision letter from FIU stating "The Committee is presently reviewing your application and has decided to hold you application for further review." What does this mean? I suppose it's better than a denial letter, but is anyone familiar with when I will hear back from FIU? I have character & fitness issues that were included in my application and I would assume the further review would be associated with that? Any thoughts or feelings would be helpful, thanks.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Indecision Letter?

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:50 pm

hunterdragon wrote:I received a decision letter from FIU stating "The Committee is presently reviewing your application and has decided to hold you application for further review." What does this mean? I suppose it's better than a denial letter, but is anyone familiar with when I will hear back from FIU? I have character & fitness issues that were included in my application and I would assume the further review would be associated with that? Any thoughts or feelings would be helpful, thanks.
It means you're on hold. Not accepted, but not rejected. The size of the hold pile varies by school, but a few people usually get in off the hold list later in the cycle. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with C&F, although that could be part of it.

But realistically, if you're getting held by a barely top 100 school, you probably need to back off and retake. A straight-up rejection would be better for your future chances of success.

mvp99

Silver

Re: Indecision Letter?

Post by mvp99 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:16 pm

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”