Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
irontryad
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby irontryad » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:26 pm

JLM268 wrote:Admitted with Full tuition scholarship. Can message me if you're interesting in numbers.


Likewise -- got my acceptance packet today with a full-tuition Beasley scholarship.

User avatar
whitespider
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 am

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby whitespider » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:44 pm

irontryad wrote:
JLM268 wrote:Admitted with Full tuition scholarship. Can message me if you're interesting in numbers.


Likewise -- got my acceptance packet today with a full-tuition Beasley scholarship.


+1

cannonball
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:46 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby cannonball » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:35 pm

Hey,
Got my acceptance email 12/22. Haven't received the admission packet yet? Live in Philly. Anyone else not get their letter yet?

smiles123
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:23 am

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby smiles123 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:22 pm

Also got the Beasley scholarship. Mine is about 3k short of full tuition. Did people actually get full tuition with theirs?

User avatar
theleastdiverse
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby theleastdiverse » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:33 pm

accepted today via email with law faculty scholarship (10k a year instate)

User avatar
whitespider
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 am

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby whitespider » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:38 pm

smiles123 wrote:Also got the Beasley scholarship. Mine is about 3k short of full tuition. Did people actually get full tuition with theirs?


Yeah, mine just said full tuition (I'm OOS), didn't list a dollar amount.

Anyone else planning on attending the 3/21 open house? I just booked my plane ticket.

Also, any Philly locals have advice for things to do in town the following day?

JLM268
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby JLM268 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:21 pm

whitespider wrote:
smiles123 wrote:Also got the Beasley scholarship. Mine is about 3k short of full tuition. Did people actually get full tuition with theirs?


Yeah, mine just said full tuition (I'm OOS), didn't list a dollar amount.

Anyone else planning on attending the 3/21 open house? I just booked my plane ticket.

Also, any Philly locals have advice for things to do in town the following day?


What do you like to do? Are you looking for history, a cool place to go and get drinks, outdoor wintery stuff?

User avatar
whitespider
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 am

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby whitespider » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:15 pm

JLM268 wrote:What do you like to do? Are you looking for history, a cool place to go and get drinks, outdoor wintery stuff?


A little history would be nice. Cool place to grab drinks, for sure. Really anything that would help me get a sense of Philly's "vibe".

JLM268
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby JLM268 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:45 pm

whitespider wrote:
JLM268 wrote:What do you like to do? Are you looking for history, a cool place to go and get drinks, outdoor wintery stuff?


A little history would be nice. Cool place to grab drinks, for sure. Really anything that would help me get a sense of Philly's "vibe".

Ok for history you should go down to the constitution center and independence hall there's tours and stuff going on all the time and should be easy to look up and go to. Constitution center is usually has interesting exhibits going on not sure what's happening now but last one I went to was all about prohibition and it was really cool. If you like art go to the art museum for sure there's a ton of extremely famous pieces that you would recognize in a heartbeat. For a place to get drinks higher end would be to check anytime bars and resturants in olde city. This area is right next to the constitution center has a lot of really nice places to eat for pretty much and cuisine you could think of but its sometimes a little expensive, so check yelp or look at the menu posted outside before picking somewhere.


Closer to temple for a really nice bar scene in Northern Liberties there's a lot of really good resturants and cool bars/hangout spots that are less expensive than center city and olde city. I love Frankford Hall its a German style brew house with outdoor beergarten (giant fire pits so you aren't cold) with good food and beers (come in 1 liter mugs). Most likely as a temple student northern liberties is where you're going to be doing your going out if you're into more of a bar scene> club scene. Other really good resturants too dos segundos has good Mexican /Tex mex with some bangin margaritas, city tap house nice beer selection good new American menu. Wanna do something like go bowling check out north bowl has a bar and good small dishes.

Great thing about Philly is there's really a different vibe depending on where you go you can find anything you ever want here and there's a scene for you somewhere.
If you wanna know anything else let me know.

Source: lived in Philly my whole life and graduated from Temple UG

User avatar
Westofeden
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:54 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby Westofeden » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:49 pm

Agree with everything the above poster said. If you come with someone and want to go to a bar, definitely go to Frankford Hall. It really is a great place to hang out and every time I have been there I've met people I am still in contact with today. It's a great atmosphere. NoLibs is also very art-focused so if you are looking for something to do along those lines you can probably pass by something and if you want to catch a small concert check some of the local bars in that area they are pretty cool (Kung Fu Necktie, Johnny Brendas, etc..).

If you want to do some touristy stuff, go check out South Street. It isn't all that anymore, but still worth the walk and if you venture off of South Street and just randomly walk around you can find small coffee bars and stuff, they are usually pretty good. Also definitely stop by the Reading Terminal Market for lunch one day. There are tons of sweet little stands in there, the most popular probably being DiNics.

I really just recommend exploring the city with a loose plan. I might be biased cause I went to lasalle and lived here for four years, but I feel like Philly is the type of place where you can come with low expectations and leave pretty impressed.

iChaseH
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby iChaseH » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:28 pm

Waitlisted today 1-23-2015 Feeling pretty shitty about it, but it'll get better. Deciding to stay on the waitlist. Not really sure what's going to happen though since it seems they won't know if they can offer me a seat until the summer and the other schools want a deposit in April. Frustrating and certainly going to make this process even worse. Temple is my first choice. Any advice or anything? Good luck everyone.

westave
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:19 am

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby westave » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:11 pm

whitespider wrote:
irontryad wrote:
JLM268 wrote:Admitted with Full tuition scholarship. Can message me if you're interesting in numbers.


Likewise -- got my acceptance packet today with a full-tuition Beasley scholarship.


+1


+1. Messaging all of you haha

brandy13
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:02 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby brandy13 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:10 pm

did you all have a date change before you got a decision?

philshady
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby philshady » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:31 pm

http://www.businessofbiglaw.com/

Anyone going to this Big Law symposium hosting at Penn tomorrow?

User avatar
ineedacupofcoffee
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:10 am

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby ineedacupofcoffee » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:55 pm

Waitlisted at Temple after getting accepted to a T14. Seriously Temple? :(

User avatar
lizzielemon
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby lizzielemon » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:14 pm

Anyone still waiting?

Status still shows complete, but have had two date changes. How long did it take others to hear back?

tstarkyy
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby tstarkyy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:16 pm

Waitlisted on 1/30. Don't really care though because I'm not a big fan of Philly and Temple is in a bad area. Only applied because its 45 minutes from home. Plus already got accepted to GMU with scholarship, and it's my top choice.

retsiger
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:27 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby retsiger » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:48 pm

.
Last edited by retsiger on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

horiyya
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:32 am

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby horiyya » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:56 am

I was genuinely surprised to be awarded the beasley scholarship (4 k short of full for out of state), as my scores fall around the medium for LSAT and GPA. Additionally the requirements to keep the scholarship seem low. Does anyone know the logic behind how they give out their scholarships, and how often they give them out? Is Temple really liberal with their scholarships?

User avatar
Westofeden
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:54 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby Westofeden » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:51 am

horiyya wrote:I was genuinely surprised to be awarded the beasley scholarship (4 k short of full for out of state), as my scores fall around the medium for LSAT and GPA. Additionally the requirements to keep the scholarship seem low. Does anyone know the logic behind how they give out their scholarships, and how often they give them out? Is Temple really liberal with their scholarships?


I actually thought they were more conservative than most. Are you URM? I'm over 75% GPA and around 50% LSAT and received no money at all. No character and fitness issues or anything. If they are bumping up scholarships all of the sudden I do wonder if it is to compete with Villanova being extremely liberal in their scholarship offers these past two years.

Pequod
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:36 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby Pequod » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:05 pm

.
Last edited by Pequod on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

horiyya
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:32 am

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby horiyya » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:26 am

Westofeden wrote:I actually thought they were more conservative than most. Are you URM? I'm over 75% GPA and around 50% LSAT and received no money at all. No character and fitness issues or anything. If they are bumping up scholarships all of the sudden I do wonder if it is to compete with Villanova being extremely liberal in their scholarship offers these past two years.



I had to look up URM haha but no not at all! I put caucasian (which includes Middle Eastern, law school applications was the first time Ive seen that). I figured a scholarship like that would be based on merit because they want to raise their US News ranking. Are you instate so its more less expensive anyways maybe?

You find out about scholarships in the mail acceptance package.

Pequod
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:36 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby Pequod » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:33 am

.
Last edited by Pequod on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

irishamerican
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:58 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby irishamerican » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:51 am

Pequod wrote:Admitted via email! When did you all get scholarship info? At the same time as the acceptance email? In another email? In the hardcopy acceptance package? I show that my acceptance package was sent out on 2/17, but I have yet to receive it. Anxious to book flights/rooms for checking out a few schools on their Accepted Students Days (all around March 20th). Should I wait to hear from Temple (I'd like to visit if a scholarship makes them a real option), or are they pretty slow about sending out $$ offers/info? Responses are appreciated! :D


I was notified of my scholarship in my acceptance email. (Beasley full-tuition, out of state).

User avatar
JerryLundegard
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Temple c/o 2018 (2014-2015)

Postby JerryLundegard » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:56 pm

How quickly, on average, have people heard back from admissions. Anecdotes appreciated




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], mse2020 and 4 guests