George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
aabbccddee
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:58 pm

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby aabbccddee » Tue May 26, 2015 6:37 pm

Tklilley wrote:Has anyone heard anything?


nope

lmn1992
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby lmn1992 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:28 pm

I'm not sure if this has been shared yet, but I was waitlisted on the 18th, called that same day and was given two pertienent pieces of information; 1) The next deposit deadline is June 1st, so I'd imagine we'll be getting an update or decision shortly after then.
2) When admitting applicants from the waitlist, they are only concerned with demographics (there is little to no emphasis placed on GPA/LSAT), thus they try to find someone on the waitlist as demographically similar to the person who has withdrawn.

Best of luck to everyone.

Tklilley
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 11:36 am

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby Tklilley » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:50 pm

lmn1992 wrote:I'm not sure if this has been shared yet, but I was waitlisted on the 18th, called that same day and was given two pertienent pieces of information; 1) The next deposit deadline is June 1st, so I'd imagine we'll be getting an update or decision shortly after then.
2) When admitting applicants from the waitlist, they are only concerned with demographics (there is little to no emphasis placed on GPA/LSAT), thus they try to find someone on the waitlist as demographically similar to the person who has withdrawn.

Best of luck to everyone.


Thanks for the information! Don't know how much longer I can keep not-so-patiently waiting lol

Tklilley
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 11:36 am

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby Tklilley » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:30 am

A user posted in law school numbers that he was accepted yesterday morning, hopefully that doesn't mean this cycle of acceptances is over

jpahern
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:21 am

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby jpahern » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:26 am

Accepted off the waitlist as of today! There is still hope...

selfdeng
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:10 am

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby selfdeng » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:12 am

Congrats! How did you manage to do that? Could you please let us know your credentials?
jpahern wrote:Accepted off the waitlist as of today! There is still hope...

jpahern
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:21 am

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby jpahern » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:20 am

selfdeng wrote:Congrats! How did you manage to do that? Could you please let us know your credentials?
jpahern wrote:Accepted off the waitlist as of today! There is still hope...


My stats are on my profile, but LSAT 159 GPA 3.8.

Submitted a LoCI and an extra LoR when they first informed me I was still on the list. They actually sent several emails telling me I was "still being considered".

But, I won't be attending. Too much debt to make the trek to DC. I'm staying in Arizona at ASU for about 1/4 the total cost.

selfdeng
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:10 am

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby selfdeng » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:54 pm

jpahern wrote:
selfdeng wrote:Congrats! How did you manage to do that? Could you please let us know your credentials?
jpahern wrote:Accepted off the waitlist as of today! There is still hope...


My stats are on my profile, but LSAT 159 GPA 3.8.

Submitted a LoCI and an extra LoR when they first informed me I was still on the list. They actually sent several emails telling me I was "still being considered".

But, I won't be attending. Too much debt to make the trek to DC. I'm staying in Arizona at ASU for about 1/4 the total cost.


I have got only one email after they informed me that I was on the waitlist. Could you please let us know if you made contact with them first each time before you got those emails saying that you were "still being considered"? Also did you receive those emails directly from Ms. Sim?

jpahern
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:21 am

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby jpahern » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:57 pm

selfdeng wrote:
jpahern wrote:
selfdeng wrote:Congrats! How did you manage to do that? Could you please let us know your credentials?
jpahern wrote:Accepted off the waitlist as of today! There is still hope...


My stats are on my profile, but LSAT 159 GPA 3.8.

Submitted a LoCI and an extra LoR when they first informed me I was still on the list. They actually sent several emails telling me I was "still being considered".

But, I won't be attending. Too much debt to make the trek to DC. I'm staying in Arizona at ASU for about 1/4 the total cost.


I have got only one email after they informed me that I was on the waitlist. Could you please let us know if you made contact with them first each time before you got those emails saying that you were "still being considered"? Also did you receive those emails directly from Ms. Sim?



I got the emails directly from Ms. Sim. I did not contact them before my first email about still being W/L'd. Good luck to you! Denied the offer this morning, so hopefully someone else gets lucky!

sophiayang
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:08 pm

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby sophiayang » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:32 am

jpahern wrote:
selfdeng wrote:
jpahern wrote:
selfdeng wrote:Congrats! How did you manage to do that? Could you please let us know your credentials?
jpahern wrote:Accepted off the waitlist as of today! There is still hope...


My stats are on my profile, but LSAT 159 GPA 3.8.

Submitted a LoCI and an extra LoR when they first informed me I was still on the list. They actually sent several emails telling me I was "still being considered".

But, I won't be attending. Too much debt to make the trek to DC. I'm staying in Arizona at ASU for about 1/4 the total cost.


I have got only one email after they informed me that I was on the waitlist. Could you please let us know if you made contact with them first each time before you got those emails saying that you were "still being considered"? Also did you receive those emails directly from Ms. Sim?



I got the emails directly from Ms. Sim. I did not contact them before my first email about still being W/L'd. Good luck to you! Denied the offer this morning, so hopefully someone else gets lucky!


So nice of you! But I haven't recieved any email from GWU ever since I was informed to be waitlisted, even though they did reply to my LOCI...Seems to be a bad sign :(

MelliferousY
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:25 pm

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby MelliferousY » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:46 pm

I guess everyone received the update email.

Tklilley
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 11:36 am

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby Tklilley » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:57 pm

Yea I just got it too

sophiayang
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:08 pm

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby sophiayang » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:42 am

Guess if we don't get admitted off the waitlist before July 15, it is basically a dead end.
I have heard that when GWU admits students off waitlist, they value diversity over numbers. It makes things more unpredictable.

jg61
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:24 pm

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby jg61 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:47 pm

I'll be withdrawing this week w/ $$. Good luck everyone!

MelliferousY
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:25 pm

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby MelliferousY » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:58 pm

Anybody heard anything?

hopeful99
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:17 pm

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby hopeful99 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:29 am

Hey Guys!

This is my first post here ever as I have just been reading to calm my own anxiety. I received an email this morning from the Associate Dean of Admissions asking me about my level of interest in attending GW this fall. She stated they re-reviewed my application due to my June score, which I retook (increased by 3 points).

MelliferousY
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:25 pm

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby MelliferousY » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:49 am

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?
hopeful99 wrote:Hey Guys!

This is my first post here ever as I have just been reading to calm my own anxiety. I received an email this morning from the Associate Dean of Admissions asking me about my level of interest in attending GW this fall. She stated they re-reviewed my application due to my June score, which I retook (increased by 3 points).

gyungchul1414
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:58 am

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby gyungchul1414 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:56 am

I received two e-mails about my level of interest for attending GW Law, but since I have already made other plans, I won't be responding to them because they want an immediate response if I'm interested.

Good luck to all :)

hopeful99
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:17 pm

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby hopeful99 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:26 am

MelliferousY wrote:Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?
hopeful99 wrote:Hey Guys!

This is my first post here ever as I have just been reading to calm my own anxiety. I received an email this morning from the Associate Dean of Admissions asking me about my level of interest in attending GW this fall. She stated they re-reviewed my application due to my June score, which I retook (increased by 3 points).



I think the congrats are not due yet as we all know anything can happen, but I'll PM you my stats.

selfdeng
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:10 am

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby selfdeng » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:34 pm

hopeful99 wrote:
MelliferousY wrote:Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?
hopeful99 wrote:Hey Guys!

This is my first post here ever as I have just been reading to calm my own anxiety. I received an email this morning from the Associate Dean of Admissions asking me about my level of interest in attending GW this fall. She stated they re-reviewed my application due to my June score, which I retook (increased by 3 points).



I think the congrats are not due yet as we all know anything can happen, but I'll PM you my stats.


Congrats on the progress! Are you accepting the offer and attending GW in the fall? Would you mind PM me your stats as well? Thanks!

siddhishah
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby siddhishah » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:53 pm

Can you PM me as well? Thanks

hopeful99
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:17 pm

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby hopeful99 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:20 pm

Just withdrew. Good luck!

fredfred
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby fredfred » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:05 am

Withdrew. Attending Duke instead (crazy things happen!) Goodluck!

kapenak
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby kapenak » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:12 pm

You guys think that if you don't get an acceptance before the 15th (as was said in the letter sent out some weeks ago), it's pretty much over? Or is there any hope of getting in after that as well??

Tklilley
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 11:36 am

Re: George Washington Law 2014-15 Waitlist

Postby Tklilley » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:48 am

I'm not sure because I haven't heard of anyone getting pulled off the waitlist since they sent that e-mail




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: biglawhopeful18 and 1 guest