Arizona State University C/O 2018 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Iwanttolawschool

Bronze

Re: Arizona State University C/O 2018

Post by Iwanttolawschool » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:46 pm

Marie1976 wrote:
True, but unless your goal is to work for a big firm, then a smaller market might work just as well. Remember in NYC and Chicago you probably have the same % of people competing for jobs because although the market is bigger, so is the number of lawyers.
Yea, youre right. But you may have to think outside the box to figure out why that's a problem for me. I do think its a great school, and Arizona is a great place to live

Madilevi

New

Post by Madilevi » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:40 am

After visiting ASU this weekend I have decided to attend! Very excited. However, I don't know where I am supposed to make my seat deposit..... Anyone?

Nickster1991

New

Post by Nickster1991 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:39 pm

Waitlisted. What do you think the chances are of getting off the waitlist this year ?

gobears2012

New

Post by gobears2012 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:54 pm

3 months later and I'm finally admitted. At this point I've more or less lost interest though.

navko

New

Post by navko » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:47 pm

how/where do i find seat deposit info?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Huskies13!

Bronze

Post by Huskies13! » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:35 pm

There is a link--but you need the password which should have been part of your admission packet--that's how I did it.
http://www.law.asu.edu/deposit

JGMotorsport

New

Post by JGMotorsport » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:03 pm

In

I thought this was a longshot but ASU saved my cycle and my plans!
The only problem? My alma mater is UA (who waitlisted me) :roll:

hermione92

New

Post by hermione92 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:23 pm

Anyone know if they negotiate scholarships? I sent in an email and got one back about financial aid... can't tell if this is some sort of reply to my email or just a financial aid email they send everyone.

jmontana

New

Post by jmontana » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:38 pm

I got the same email.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Huskies13!

Bronze

Post by Huskies13! » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:24 pm

They definitely do negotiate scholarships. I got mine changed (talked to other who enrolled who didn't though--but it doesn't hurt to ask!). You just need to email one of the people in admissions--usually someone who emailed or called you about admission. Can't remember the name of the person who admitted me though..

TEM

New

Post by TEM » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:24 pm

JGMotorsport wrote:In

congrats on the admit! I am also a UA alum (or will be in June) but I didn't let that stop me!
hermione92 wrote:Anyone know if they negotiate scholarships? I sent in an email and got one back about financial aid... can't tell if this is some sort of reply to my email or just a financial aid email they send everyone.
I'm currently in the process of negotiating with them, they've been cordial with me and guaranteed me the committee with re-review my offer. It's a long shot because they already gave me a nice offer but I'll keep you guys posted if it's possible to negotiate up!

hermione92

New

Post by hermione92 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Huskies13! wrote:They definitely do negotiate scholarships. I got mine changed (talked to other who enrolled who didn't though--but it doesn't hurt to ask!). You just need to email one of the people in admissions--usually someone who emailed or called you about admission. Can't remember the name of the person who admitted me though..

Ooh, thanks. I actually just talked to someone today who said he forwarded my email to admissions and that someone will call me back to talk about it. I really really hope they can increase it because it's my #1 choice, just not sure if I can afford it yet!

Go_Devils1992

New

Post by Go_Devils1992 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:21 pm

In and attending. Went to ASU for undergrad and I am excited to be able to spend another 3 years there.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TEM

New

Post by TEM » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:18 pm

hermione92 wrote:
Huskies13! wrote:They definitely do negotiate scholarships. I got mine changed (talked to other who enrolled who didn't though--but it doesn't hurt to ask!). You just need to email one of the people in admissions--usually someone who emailed or called you about admission. Can't remember the name of the person who admitted me though..

Ooh, thanks. I actually just talked to someone today who said he forwarded my email to admissions and that someone will call me back to talk about it. I really really hope they can increase it because it's my #1 choice, just not sure if I can afford it yet!
Let us know what happens! All my communication was through email, so it's interesting they want to give you a call -- I would have preferred that. Best of luck!

bryceejohnson60542

New

Post by bryceejohnson60542 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:31 pm

Sent my enrollment deposit in and am attending! Now for the hard part of finding a place to live and roommates seeing as I am coming all the way from Illinois.

Iwanttolawschool

Bronze

Post by Iwanttolawschool » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:01 pm

apparently I don't know how to put in a youtube video link.. but..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL1-1PHFs8E

KamronK

Bronze

Post by KamronK » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:50 pm

bryceejohnson60542 wrote:Sent my enrollment deposit in and am attending! Now for the hard part of finding a place to live and roommates seeing as I am coming all the way from Illinois.
Funny, we're switching states. I withdrew today. Hopefully some of that money goes to you all.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bryceejohnson60542

New

Post by bryceejohnson60542 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:31 am

That is funny. I was looking to move out of Illinois (winters became to much) and turned down to a full tuition offer from the in state school to take the same offer out here where I see myself living.

JGMotorsport

New

Post by JGMotorsport » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:44 pm

TEM wrote:

congrats on the admit! I am also a UA alum (or will be in June) but I didn't let that stop me!
See you there TEM! I am also a Phoenix native (Glendale) who attended UA Class of 14, after 5 years I'm ready to leave Tucson.

SBUalex

New

Post by SBUalex » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:05 pm

Withdrew earlier today. I realize it doesn't exactly work this way, but $40,000 in scholarship money is hopefully now available for you folks. For anyone who didn't have a chance to visit for ASW, you are in for a treat when the new building is complete. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that it will be one of the most technologically and architecturally impressive law buildings in the country.

TEM

New

Post by TEM » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:07 pm

JGMotorsport wrote:
TEM wrote:

See you there TEM! I am also a Phoenix native (Glendale) who attended UA Class of 14, after 5 years I'm ready to leave Tucson.
Sounds good! I am depositing later today!

Anyone else go to the ASW? I personally really enjoyed it. The tour of the building being constructed was pretty neat -- hard-hats and all.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

xanahseht

New

Post by xanahseht » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:20 pm

I attended the ASW. Was very impressed with the new building. I just made my seat deposit today- definitely was convinced about ASU after this weekend.

ericalynn17

New

Post by ericalynn17 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:09 pm

Not accepted to my alma mater, but it looks like I will be relocating out of state this fall. I own a sweet condo, and I'll be putting it up for a reasonable rent. If you're attending ASU and interested, let me know.

hermione92

New

Post by hermione92 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:17 pm

TEM wrote:
hermione92 wrote:

Let us know what happens! All my communication was through email, so it's interesting they want to give you a call -- I would have preferred that. Best of luck!

So finally heard back from admissions yesterday, it was a no go on the increased scholarship :? I deposited right before they called but might have to withdraw anyway bc U of A gave a full ride and I can't justify ASU now as an out of stater. Still sad though, the new school looks like it will be beautiful

TEM

New

Post by TEM » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:56 pm

hermione92 wrote:
TEM wrote:
hermione92 wrote:

So finally heard back from admissions yesterday, it was a no go on the increased scholarship :? I deposited right before they called but might have to withdraw anyway bc U of A gave a full ride and I can't justify ASU now as an out of stater. Still sad though, the new school looks like it will be beautiful
Aw bummer! UA is a nice school though im finishing up undergrad there. I also was declined a scholly raise but considering they gave me a generous scholly I was just being greedy lol. No one else will be your advocate so my view was why not be my own best advocate?? Lol. Best of luck at Rogers. I hear the environment is great.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”