Indiana University C/O 2018 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pcph

Bronze

Re: Indiana University C/O 2018 Applicants

Post by pcph » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:10 am

Last edited by pcph on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

JMWZ

New

Post by JMWZ » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:17 pm

I went into review well over a month ago. I'm above LSAT median and just below GPA median. It's just really weird. Worth sending an email?

hoosiers33

New

Post by hoosiers33 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:03 pm

I wonder if you can negotiate for a "C" parking pass...That would legitimately make living in Bloomington 10 times better

kanthandleit

New

Post by kanthandleit » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:57 pm

JMWZ wrote:I went into review well over a month ago. I'm above LSAT median and just below GPA median. It's just really weird. Worth sending an email?
I was in review over two months before I heard back.

WichitaShocker

Bronze

Post by WichitaShocker » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:17 am

kanthandleit wrote:
JMWZ wrote:I went into review well over a month ago. I'm above LSAT median and just below GPA median. It's just really weird. Worth sending an email?
3 months here.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NonTradLawHopeful

Bronze

Post by NonTradLawHopeful » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:15 am

WichitaShocker wrote:
kanthandleit wrote:
3 months here.
Still in review since December 1st.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:07 pm

I'm going to withdraw and release some of the money they have tied up in me. Just not aligned with my goals, best of luck to everyone else!

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:08 pm

imKMart wrote:I'm going to withdraw and release some of the money they have tied up in me. Just not aligned with my goals, best of luck to everyone else!
awww sad to see you go, good luck tho !!!

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:26 pm

LawsRUs wrote:
imKMart wrote:I'm going to withdraw and release some of the money they have tied up in me. Just not aligned with my goals, best of luck to everyone else!
awww sad to see you go, good luck tho !!!
Hey I still might see you at WUSTL or UIUC, no worries ahah. Just don't want to tie up a spot when I know someone is painfully waiting.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

beverley

New

Post by beverley » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:38 am

A few questions regarding the April 1st deadline to confirm your seat:

Are extensions ever granted for this deadline? I not only have reservations made for ASD's after this date at other schools, but I am anticipating having offers (based off LSN) that can be used to negotiate up my current scholly offer from Maurer. I feel that the second reason is more important for getting an extension than the first, but that the first reason is probably a better excuse to use on the admissions office. If extensions are granted, should I be completely honest and say that I want to attend an ASD at a later date at a different school AND that I need more time to consider the financial commitment? Only one of them? Will they be pissed if I'm granted an extension and then I email them a separate second time asking for more money?

Thanks for your help. Sorry for the stream of consciousness.

Username123

Silver

Post by Username123 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:40 am

beverley wrote:A few questions regarding the April 1st deadline to confirm your seat:

Are extensions ever granted for this deadline? I not only have reservations made for ASD's after this date at other schools, but I am anticipating having offers (based off LSN) that can be used to negotiate up my current scholly offer from Maurer. I feel that the second reason is more important for getting an extension than the first, but that the first reason is probably a better excuse to use on the admissions office. If extensions are granted, should I be completely honest and say that I want to attend an ASD at a later date at a different school AND that I need more time to consider the financial commitment? Only one of them? Will they be pissed if I'm granted an extension and then I email them a separate second time asking for more money?

Thanks for your help. Sorry for the stream of consciousness.
I'm wondering this as well. If you bring this up to admissions, please let us know their response.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:06 pm

^^^ BUMPing my earlier response to the question above ^^^
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Uschoolqb10 wrote:The deposit situation at IU-B is kind of odd.

No deposit, just a form to sign which confirms your attendance - which has to be completed by April 1st, while most schools' deadlines are April 15th.

This lack of deposit is great and all, but the earlier deadline of April 1st kind of throws all negotiation tactics following the first deadline out of the window.

I still have ASWs to attend before the 15th and after the 1st!
In the past (as recently as last cycle) they have been willing to extend their deadline to the 15th. That may still hold true.

beverley

New

Post by beverley » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:26 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:^^^ BUMPing my earlier response to the question above ^^^

No deposit, just a form to sign which confirms your attendance - which has to be completed by April 1st, while most schools' deadlines are April 15th.

This lack of deposit is great and all, but the earlier deadline of April 1st kind of throws all negotiation tactics following the first deadline out of the window.

In the past (as recently as last cycle) they have been willing to extend their deadline to the 15th. That may still hold true.
Awesome, sorry for having missed that. Seems like it would be ok to request for an extension then. Do you think it would be acceptable to request for one now seeing as how I already know I won't be deciding until ASW's held between the 1st and 15th? Or should I wait until my scholarship negotiation request to bring it up? I planned on sending one around mid-March when I should here from all my schools about merit aid by then. On one hand I don't want to be annoying with all the requests, but on the other I don't want to overwhelm them in one ungrateful sounding email. Thanks.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:59 pm

beverley wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:^^^ BUMPing my earlier response to the question above ^^^

Awesome, sorry for having missed that. Seems like it would be ok to request for an extension then. Do you think it would be acceptable to request for one now seeing as how I already know I won't be deciding until ASW's held between the 1st and 15th? Or should I wait until my scholarship negotiation request to bring it up? I planned on sending one around mid-March when I should here from all my schools about merit aid by then. On one hand I don't want to be annoying with all the requests, but on the other I don't want to overwhelm them in one ungrateful sounding email. Thanks.
Wait until you hear back from other schools to request an extension from IU. No big deal.

WichitaShocker

Bronze

Post by WichitaShocker » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:07 pm

Just received a cool little flash drive today. I haven't had a chance to look at what's on it, but I'm excited to see.

pcph

Bronze

Post by pcph » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:15 am

Last edited by pcph on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ms4life

New

Post by Ms4life » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:44 pm

Anyone know if acceptances/rejections still coming by snail mail? I know it says in an above post that only till mid-feb, but my status changed today to decision made, but no email or phone call. Thanks in advance.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:13 pm

Yaya !!

In just now via email. I got lowballed, but am excited to start talking with them re: scholarship.

organize56

New

Post by organize56 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Also just got my email!! :D

iguazu

Bronze

Post by iguazu » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:27 pm

LawsRUs wrote:Yaya !!

In just now via email. I got lowballed, but am excited to start talking with them re: scholarship.
When did you apply to IUB? I'm still waiting

CM3809

New

Post by CM3809 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:28 pm

organize56 wrote:Also just got my email!! :D
+1

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:31 pm

iguazu wrote:

When did you apply to IUB? I'm still waiting
early december iirc. it was a painful wait. i hope you hear back soon !!

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:32 pm

congrats @organize &CM !!

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:43 pm

You and I seem to be getting into similar schools, and I got a full ride that I withdrew and pushed back into the pool for applicants; hopefully something further will be coming there.

Poldy

Silver

Post by Poldy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:51 pm

Was just accepted today. Does anyone know how scholarships work if you change resident status? I plan on becoming a resident after one year wherever I end up but need to know if the scholarship amount is decreased if I do that.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”