Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Are you riding out the waitlist?

Yes
22
65%
No
12
35%
 
Total votes: 34

User avatar
fishbulb
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby fishbulb » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:53 pm

ggnobbq wrote:I was placed on waitlist, not hold, last month and I just received an email saying DLS. It now says I'm on the summer waitlist. Thanks for the letdown NU


+1

Seeing the DLS email made my heart sink. At this point, I'm just numb to being re-WL'd

yerinee
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby yerinee » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:58 pm

Wait, they re-waitlisted applicants? What a shit show, NU.

monkeyKT
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:11 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby monkeyKT » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:59 pm

yerinee wrote:Wait, they re-waitlisted applicants? What a shit show, NU.


yes they did...

dem0sth3nes
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby dem0sth3nes » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:12 pm

Created an account just to say...out of all the law schools I applied to, NU's office has been the worst in terms of efficiency and transparency.

I have been taken off the Waitlist of several higher-ranked law schools, so good luck to those still waiting. Hopefully something better will come along, because so far, NU has been terrible.

BillClinton Jr
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:41 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby BillClinton Jr » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:18 pm

Held-->Summer Waitlist
This is awful. Gonna ride it out just to see what happens

User avatar
tuxedocat
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby tuxedocat » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:33 pm

mickey_mouse wrote:Held --> Summer Waitlist decision letter just came through, confirms what we all thought I think.

Same here. Damn, I saw the DLS notification and was like, "finally, rejected! I'm freeeeee"

User avatar
KunAgnis
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby KunAgnis » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:34 pm

Just got my Summer Waitlist decision as well, and I can say with complete honesty that if I had any desire to attend NU after being on the Hold List for 5 months, that desire has been sufficiently quenched by this turn of events. NU, we could've had something special; at this point, I'm more than glad to go to WashULaw with only $51,000 in debt including COA.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 6835
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby Gray » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:39 pm

Lol just got summer waitlist even though I didn't change the "last day for consideration" for my hold app from May 1 AND formally withdrew my app IN APRIL. LJL
Last edited by Gray on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hodzdoh
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:25 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby hodzdoh » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:44 pm

i also got the 'summer waitlist' email today. needless to say, gonna withdraw today. Attending Cornell fall semester. it's been nice going through this torture with yall! :)

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 6835
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby Gray » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:03 pm

ILoveYou wrote:
Gray wrote:side note - my SC still doesn't show me as "withdrawn" - anyone else who was held and let the "last day for consideration" go by still show DLS-a-billion-years-ago? I sent a withdrawal email too but still nothing. Ten bucks says I get offered a spot on the waitlist b/c they haven't gotten around to withdrawing me yet.


Oh, I hope this happens. Would be a perfect way to cap off this cycle of blunders by NU admissions staff.


So so glad this prediction came true

User avatar
williamsun
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby williamsun » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:10 pm

hold -> wl'ed today.

I'm not even pretending that I'm not disappointed.

yerinee
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby yerinee » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:37 pm

Gray wrote:Lol just got summer waitlist even though I didn't change the "last day for consideration" for my hold app from May 1 AND formally withdrew my app IN APRIL. LJL


LMAO WOW... FAIL, NU. FAIL.

Fighttotheend
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby Fighttotheend » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:41 pm

It looks like "Held" is another name for "Preferred waitlist"

User avatar
tealeaves12
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby tealeaves12 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:47 pm

Fighttotheend wrote:It looks like "Held" is another name for "Preferred waitlist"

would seem more preferred if people weren't being accepted off the waitlist before held students got a decision (at least one person on this board)

I would say held is more like "we ran out of time to read your application before over of our self imposed deadlines. We'll waitlist you later " lol

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 4369
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby KMart » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:25 pm

KunAgnis wrote:Just got my Summer Waitlist decision as well, and I can say with complete honesty that if I had any desire to attend NU after being on the Hold List for 5 months, that desire has been sufficiently quenched by this turn of events. NU, we could've had something special; at this point, I'm more than glad to go to WashULaw with only $51,000 in debt including COA.

Maybe you will enjoy a drink at The Ding Bar?

User avatar
sneezus
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby sneezus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:57 am

lololololololol @ Gray's waitlist after withdrawing.

luckily i withdrew my app yesterday morning so they couldnt have the last word. NU, you suck.

will always remember this thread and the brave men and women who traversed it 'mid the rain and the sleet as darkness gathered. rest well, fair ones.

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 940
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby usn26 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:16 am

sneezus wrote:lololololololol @ Gray's waitlist after withdrawing.

luckily i withdrew my app yesterday morning so they couldnt have the last word. NU, you suck.


But it seems like withdrawing doesn't stop them from having the last word :twisted:

sneezus wrote:will always remember this thread and the brave men and women who traversed it 'mid the rain and the sleet as darkness gathered. rest well, fair ones.


+1

User avatar
KunAgnis
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby KunAgnis » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:49 pm

KMart wrote:
KunAgnis wrote:Just got my Summer Waitlist decision as well, and I can say with complete honesty that if I had any desire to attend NU after being on the Hold List for 5 months, that desire has been sufficiently quenched by this turn of events. NU, we could've had something special; at this point, I'm more than glad to go to WashULaw with only $51,000 in debt including COA.

Maybe you will enjoy a drink at The Ding Bar?


Hahahaha, thanks for the offer but I'd rather not wallow in the aftermath of the situation. It's better for my mental health to move on, which is why I'll be removing myself from the waitlist.

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby theramblingfool » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:58 pm

.
Last edited by theramblingfool on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillClinton Jr
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:41 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby BillClinton Jr » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:05 pm

Can we get a poll to see how many folks plan on riding this out?

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2853
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:06 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
still
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby still » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:09 pm

at this point i'm willing to bet money Gray is the first one accepted off Summer WL

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 6835
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby Gray » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:10 pm

still wrote:at this point i'm willing to bet money Gray is the first one accepted off Summer WL

I will lol if that happens, but I did send them a strongly worded email and they apologized for the error, so I doubt it.

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 4369
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby KMart » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:11 pm

It seems like there was a lot of withdrawing on LSN, which is good for those of us still waiting. Hopefully they're at the higher end of that estimate from how much they pull on their WL.

User avatar
TasmanianToucan
Posts: 594
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:12 pm

Gray wrote:
still wrote:at this point i'm willing to bet money Gray is the first one accepted off Summer WL

I will lol if that happens, but I did send them a strongly worded email and they apologized for the error, so I doubt it.

Don't count on it they'll probably admit you in a misguided attempt to make it up to you. Next thing you know you'll have a housing assignment and a place on the seating charts.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: #gobroncos, Bojack93, DowsingForAJD, laconicllama, Ntp73821, rideagain, SopranoSaxophone and 19 guests