IN @ UC DAVIS!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
oopivyoo

New

Re: IN @ UC DAVIS!!

Post by oopivyoo » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:29 pm

I have a question for ya'll. I want to check my financial aid and dont know how. The EFAN is asking for my student ID and I dont have one. Is this something that comes with the hard copy of my acceptance letter, or is there some way of getting it online? Thanks

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:33 pm

In a few days you get an email that gives you an estimate of your package.

You get your student ID emailed to you when you put your deposit down.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:35 pm

Congrats oopivyoo!!

ThatNoahGuy

New

Post by ThatNoahGuy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:52 pm

Congrats, sir!

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:36 am

oopivyoo wrote:I have a question for ya'll. I want to check my financial aid and dont know how. The EFAN is asking for my student ID and I dont have one. Is this something that comes with the hard copy of my acceptance letter, or is there some way of getting it online? Thanks
Congrats!!!!!!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:49 am

Happy Birthday, Ginger!

Hope you had a better day than I did. One of my twins just threw up on my basset hound (and I had just given him a bath - ack!). Motherhood is only for the brave :) .

Give yourself chocolate, cheese and sangria - and try not to barf!

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:59 am

Haha thanks Az. Maybe your bassett and my dog can be friends. I just got her groomed at Petsmart yesterday and the guy upgraded her package bc I had to wait so long and my wannabe german shepherd is poofed like a pomeranian, smells like "jellybean conditioner" and came out with a bandana AND bows in her very short fur. I was like dude, she's not a shi tzu.

Birthday was nothing crazy - Im having people over to help me move Saturday and possibly eat more cheese.

Actually just took a long nap, watched DVDs and ate more moo shu pork for dinner. Maybe I should pack sommore.

Are you feeling any better?? Are the kids sick now?

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:08 am

Ginger123 wrote:Haha thanks Az. Maybe your bassett and my dog can be friends. I just got her groomed at Petsmart yesterday and the guy upgraded her package bc I had to wait so long and my wannabe german shepherd is poofed like a pomeranian, smells like "jellybean conditioner" and came out with a bandana AND bows in her very short fur. I was like dude, she's not a shi tzu.

Birthday was nothing crazy - Im having people over to help me move Saturday and possibly eat more cheese.

Actually just took a long nap, watched DVDs and ate more moo shu pork for dinner. Maybe I should pack sommore.

Are you feeling any better?? Are the kids sick now?
I am feeling better, but now this stomach thing with the redhead. I need to get those kids on probiotics or something, bc this s^&% is not going to fly for 1L!

What is this thing you call a nap? :)

As I've said before, cross country moves are...only for the brave. I hope yours goes smoothly, and that that couch is not lumpy. Also, I want a picture of your dog in that condition. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I did not take a picture of my dog with the barf on him - but it was a look. He'll be back under the hose tomorrow - our dogs get groomed ghetto style!

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:26 am

Yeah I wish I could bathe her myself but washing a big shedding dog in an apartment bathtub sucks. I essentially treated myself for my birthday and bc I'm moving in with my friend and thought we should make a good impression.

LUCKILY I will stay in my friends guest room so no couch surfing for me but trying to get rid of my furniture is a nightmare. I have this massive gorgeous couch and no one I know wants it so I'm trying to figure out a way to get it out of here. Any suggestions? Its too nice to throw away.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:42 am

oopivyoo, your name has nothing to do w/ the band opivy does it?

ihatestudying

New

Post by ihatestudying » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:46 am

congrats on getting in, oopivy! Is it Davis for sure?
I'll probably be slimfasting for the next months so my parents dont yell at me about my weight when i get home.
LOL. Ginger, this is me to a T. I"m visiting my rents next week too, and thinking, shite, I know I"m going to get some comments. Gotta love the parental love.

oopivyoo

New

Post by oopivyoo » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:41 am

gtg263r wrote:oopivyoo, your name has nothing to do w/ the band opivy does it?
I think your the first person in like 10 years to notice that! Yup it refers to a little middle to late eighties band out of Berkeley called Operation Ivy. I try to use ruffly the same screen name wherever I go because its easier to remmember.
ihatestudying wrote:congrats on getting in, oopivy! Is it Davis for sure?
For sure, I'm going up with my family (again) this weekend for the open house, so I'll prob. see some of you there? It was between Hastings and Davis, and I never really was considering Hastings unless I was rejected from Davis.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:56 pm

So I'm about to take off for the weekend (playing hooky yet again) and as I'm packing a thought just struck me - I will be out of reception for 48 hours... what if AZ gets into Davis??? How will I find out? I will have to wait until Sunday night!!! That's how much I want this for you woman! My SO thinks I need some help though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:00 pm

opivy was my favorite band from 8th grade to like 10th grade

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:03 pm

though its been a few years since ive actually listened to them, i always enjoy giving them a nostalgia spin every once in a while. theyll always be one of my favorite bands for the enjoyment i got from them during those formative years

in 8th grade we had to to a writing assignment in my english class where we had to write a letter to our idol

i wrote a letter to jesse michaels & basically gushed about how much opivy meant to me @ the time

he wrote me back a hand-written letter & i coveted that for a long time before i misplaced it somewhere...

:oops:

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:05 pm

i was all up on lookout records mailorder shit back then. i had the opivy hoodie, mr. t experience, early green day, avail, crimpshine, blatz/cradle of filth 8)

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:23 pm

tmo wrote:So I'm about to take off for the weekend (playing hooky yet again) and as I'm packing a thought just struck me - I will be out of reception for 48 hours... what if AZ gets into Davis??? How will I find out? I will have to wait until Sunday night!!! That's how much I want this for you woman! My SO thinks I need some help though.
I think my shrieks of joy should be audible as far as NV - you're good. Have fun!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Faye Valentine

New

Post by Faye Valentine » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:00 pm

REALLY stupid question... where are we supposed to meet for registration/sign in for th ASD tomorrow? Also, when I RSVP'ed, I only did so for myself, but my SO is coming, too... will they mind?

(And Azo, I'm planning on dropping as much positive energy for you while I'm there!)

Splitt3r

Bronze

Post by Splitt3r » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:43 pm

Have fun at ASD tomorrow everyone. If anyone is going out tomorrow night Soga's is usually pretty good on a saturday night, but unfortunately I would not be able to go along with you :(

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:30 am

In moving hell right now but I came to say we need to start a slow clap for Az....

AZ....Az....Az....Az....Az..Az..Az..Az.Az.A.z!!!!!!

Jojo

New

Post by Jojo » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:47 am

eww... don't listen to splitt3r. Soga requires getting totally high-heeled and shiny-ed up and then be surrounded by frat people (no offense if you what that). For a more chill place Little Prague is pretty good and Sophia's Thai is a mix of cool and swanky. Bernardo's is also good but you should save your first Wiki for the night before your first class :)

For more recommendations, including how to get around without a car, pm me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:38 am

Congrats to the people that got in, and good luck to the people that are waiting!

Splitt3r

Bronze

Post by Splitt3r » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:54 pm

Jojo wrote:eww... don't listen to splitt3r. Soga requires getting totally high-heeled and shiny-ed up and then be surrounded by frat people (no offense if you what that). For a more chill place Little Prague is pretty good and Sophia's Thai is a mix of cool and swanky. Bernardo's is also good but you should save your first Wiki for the night before your first class :)

Bernado's is not a good bar really, it's kind of used as a jump off point for the evening because it has a drink that is the cheapest ABV in Davis. Little Prague has always struck me as kind of lame, a little too low key for me and I feel like I could be doing the same thing at home where the booze is a lot cheaper. Sophia's actually is usually pretty good, the atmosphere is good and they have a kind of outside patio area that's fun to sit on.

In defense of Soga, while it's true the people there can be kind of...obnoxious some of the time, there's a reason they go there. It's because it's arguably the best bar in Davis and is the only one that I feel is more of a party atmosphere instead of a just sitting around chilling.

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:04 pm

Splitt3r wrote:
Jojo wrote:eww... don't listen to splitt3r. Soga requires getting totally high-heeled and shiny-ed up and then be surrounded by frat people (no offense if you what that). For a more chill place Little Prague is pretty good and Sophia's Thai is a mix of cool and swanky. Bernardo's is also good but you should save your first Wiki for the night before your first class :)

Bernado's is not a good bar really, it's kind of used as a jump off point for the evening because it has a drink that is the cheapest ABV in Davis. Little Prague has always struck me as kind of lame, a little too low key for me and I feel like I could be doing the same thing at home where the booze is a lot cheaper. Sophia's actually is usually pretty good, the atmosphere is good and they have a kind of outside patio area that's fun to sit on.

In defense of Soga, while it's true the people there can be kind of...obnoxious some of the time, there's a reason they go there. It's because it's arguably the best bar in Davis and is the only one that I feel is more of a party atmosphere instead of a just sitting around chilling.
Different strokes. However, it seems that everyone can agree on Sophia's (even this non-trad who would probably be kicked out of Soga's on a attire violation). I miss that fish they used to have that looked like a seal head. Also, they had the good taste to install the same slate tile in their bathrooms that I have in my house. Sophia's ftw!

Oh, and Ginger, I would make some sort of sport analogy about being nervous about not being able to score a touch down, or a field goal, but I know nothing about sports;-). Thank you for your undying support, though. I am hoping this brief keeps my mind of the app for the weekend - it's actually very interesting! On the down side, it's extremely well-written, so I think I'll have a difficult time finding any errors.

Jojo

New

Post by Jojo » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:16 pm

I miss that fish they used to have that looked like a seal head.
Oh no! What happened to the fish? It was there last time I went...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”