IN @ UC DAVIS!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ihatestudying

New

Re: IN @ UC DAVIS!!

Post by ihatestudying » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:39 pm

OMG, that was too funny.

TMO your 'tar is making me really thirsty. In fact, I think I deserve to head home right about now...

ta ta
IHS

matt79

New

Post by matt79 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:46 pm

tmo wrote:I think she does:)
Funny, I love your screen name because my SO uses that screen name too for... yahoo I think? He's a Matt79-er as well.
This is starting to get weird. :)

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:25 pm

Can I just bitch about how stressful the last 8 months have been? My teenage acne has resurfaced, my hair has fallen out in handfuls and I've gained like a million pounds. I've had the flu twice, scads of sinus infections and now I have to pull it together and move cross country.

Law school, you better be worth it.

And I better have the best summer EVER!!!!!!

JBrown1983

New

Post by JBrown1983 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:28 pm

hi all, what the heck is taking davis so long!! i was complete in january :?

app1234

New

Post by app1234 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:13 pm

i've been on 'eval in progress' for almost 3 weeks.

do people think that they are waiting to see who w/draws to make a decision?

has anyone called admissions, as it's past april 1?
thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:18 pm

Hey app and JBrown - I think the verdict is that they are just slow. They apparently do a fairly thorough review of each application and the "evaluation in progress" can vary greatly in length. Someone in this forum had it up for merely 2 days, while a couple others had it up for 2 months before a decision was made. Mine was at that stage for 2 weeks. For reference, I went complete the first week of December and received a decision the first week of February. I doubt they are waiting for people to withdraw before making a decision, as they've just been doing this slowly all along. If you're worried or anxious, I would just call. It seemed to speed up a couple of people's apps by doing that (I think?? Or was that for another school - sorry, this thread and the CA thread are sort of a jumble in mind). Good luck!

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:11 pm

I think it might have been Hastings where contacting them helped speed things up, but even that was a fairly unique circumstance. But I agree with tmo, just go ahead and call. It's not going to hurt you as long as you're respectful and polite, and you might get some sort of timeline for your decision.

And where is that Davis financial aid? I'm really impatient about this for some reason.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:14 pm

BioLaw wrote: I'm really impatient about this for some reason.
For some reason... hmm maybe because it will dictate where you live the next 3 years, where you will graduate from, your respective distance from your soon to be wife... all big reasons! Call! Call! Heckle!

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:18 pm

tmo wrote:
BioLaw wrote: I'm really impatient about this for some reason.
For some reason... hmm maybe because it will dictate where you live the next 3 years, where you will graduate from, your respective distance from your soon to be wife... all big reasons! Call! Call! Heckle!
Ha, that must be it. I guess I should replace "for some reason" in my last post with "for several, very good reasons".

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:01 pm

Another day without fin aid...

Ate a lot of spicy Thai food to assuage my grief. :)

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:25 pm

So, I was just perusing the folder that I got with my acceptance, and found this info on financial aid....

"In early April, you can go to the UC Davis Law School Admitted Student Web site and navigate from there to the campus Electronic Financial Aid Notice (E-FAN) where you can view your financial aid award. During the month of May your UC Davis student ID number will be posted on the Admitted Student Web site along with instructions for navigation to the E-FAN where you can complete the process and accept your financial aid."

My question is: if they don't give us our ID until May, how can we check E-FAN now? Brizz, you mentioned you were successful looging in earlier this week. Where did you find your student ID #?

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:32 pm

app1234 wrote:i've been on 'eval in progress' for almost 3 weeks.

do people think that they are waiting to see who w/draws to make a decision?

has anyone called admissions, as it's past april 1?
thanks!
I don't know if you've seen this, but on the status page it says NOT to call, and just that they're doing their best to get everything wrapped up by April 15 - possibly a little later. It's been like this in previous years, with some decisions coming out in May.

I'm not even under eval yet! I'm dying, but what can you do?

brizz9

Bronze

Post by brizz9 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:38 pm

I'm pretty sure I got my student ID here: https://computingaccounts.ucdavis.edu/c ... /index.cgi

Click on "Get your UC Davis Computing Account" and register with your social security number. You choose a login and password and once you are done it gives you the SID number, if I'm remembering correctly.

This is what it says for me once logged into eFan:
Your financial aid award packaging is not yet complete.

Your award information is not yet available for viewing or "Accepting" online. When your financial aid package is complete, a link will appear at the bottom of this page that will direct you through the award acceptance process. Please review and complete any open requirements below and return to this page at a later date to accept your awards.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:53 pm

Okay, thanks. I did that, but now when I try to log in it says that the ID # is invalid. After you created the account, did you use the "UID" number?

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:07 pm

Ok I took the plunge and emailed. This was the response I got:

Students will be directed to the admitted student website beginning April 16, 2008 to view their financial aid award. After June 15, 2008 students will be able to accept their financial aid online via the admitted student website.

I can confirm that you will be awarded $x,xxx in grant aid along with federal low interest loans for academic year 2008-2009. The details of your 2008-2009 financial aid award will be available for you to view online after April 16, 2008

Sooo, my estimate was correct. If you don't want to wait until the 16th, I suggest emailing. He responded in about 2 hours.

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:08 pm

Good deal, will do.

But why release the data the day after the deposit deadline? That seems strange.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:15 pm

Yeah, that is strange. My guess is that you'll get whatever their grant estimate was Bio.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:20 pm

Ginger123 wrote:Can I just bitch about how stressful the last 8 months have been? My teenage acne has resurfaced, my hair has fallen out in handfuls and I've gained like a million pounds. I've had the flu twice, scads of sinus infections and now I have to pull it together and move cross country.

Law school, you better be worth it.

And I better have the best summer EVER!!!!!!
That makes two of us. Come to Davis, soak up the sun for vitamin D - and I'll give you tomatoes for C. Eventually you'll get the whole alphabet and be ready for 1L :mrgreen: . I think tmo will be providing the vitamin W(ine), which unfortunately doesn't agree with me. I like to be around people who are indulging though, cause I think I'm just naturally tipsy! I'm getting excited about y'all coming to town. Woo!

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:25 pm

I'm excited too! Yay Vitamin W!

PugPug

New

Post by PugPug » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:30 pm

April 16th!?! That seems a little... not right.

Faye Valentine

New

Post by Faye Valentine » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:13 pm

...I think the April 16 thing is weird, too. I'm sure many people are choosing between Hastings & Davis, and I'm sure financial aid packages have a lot to do with their decision. Why can't we find out what our finances will look like for the next three years before having to pay a deposit?

Anyway. Is anyone going to the ASD next week?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:29 pm

You know, I was kind of excited when Davis dropped bc I thought it might up my chances of being accepted...But reading that letter from the dean...I feel like maybe it's going to be the opposite, like they are going to try to snatch up some good number folks at the last minute to help their rank next year. Boo.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:10 pm

Aww, AZ, I don't really think so. To woo higher numbers would mean giving out more scholarship money, and it seems a little late for that. I'd say your shot is just as good as it was before - now if they would only review your application!! I think the day it goes under review we will all be holding our breath along with you!

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:15 pm

tmo wrote:Aww, AZ, I don't really think so. To woo higher numbers would mean giving out more scholarship money, and it seems a little late for that. I'd say your shot is just as good as it was before - now if they would only review your application!! I think the day it goes under review we will all be holding our breath along with you!
Oh, right. That's pretty logical. You can tell why my LSAT is so low, lol. I'm pretty okay with McGeorge right now. If Sock and PP say it's the thing to do, hey, who am I to disagree?

But I will vomit if they accept me. And I will then send the kids to the folks', get plastered, and post pictures of fairies and unicorns here all night long. I won't be able to get out of bed for 3 days, but it will be worth it!

sockpuppet

Bronze

Post by sockpuppet » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:18 pm

You know, I was kind of excited when Davis dropped bc I thought it might up my chances of being accepted...But reading that letter from the dean...I feel like maybe it's going to be the opposite, like they are going to try to snatch up some good number folks at the last minute to help their rank next year. Boo.
I would guess that it will be a wash or slightly good for those still pending. The ranking drop is going to hammer their yield rate, and if anything will push some former maybes at the high end completely out of their reach. They probably will be scrambling to pick up their numbers, but the fact that they'll have to make more offers overall may balance it out.
Last edited by sockpuppet on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”