IN @ UC DAVIS!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tmo

Bronze

Re: IN @ UC DAVIS!!

Post by tmo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:03 pm

I'm sure you all got the email, but seat deposit is up. And boom, it gave me a student ID. Haven't tried logging into the financial aid site yet though.

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:26 pm

It gave you the ID after you put down the deposit?

brizz9

Bronze

Post by brizz9 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:33 pm

I just spoke to Davis Financial Aid. I'm getting nada in grants or scholarship from them. Guess I won't be going to school with TMO.

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:37 pm

...nor me! :(

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:43 pm

brizz9 wrote:I just spoke to Davis Financial Aid. I'm getting nada in grants or scholarship from them. Guess I won't be going to school with TMO.
Aww. Well, sounds like Hastings was the better fit for you anyway - wonder why the discrepancy? You'd think that schools would come up with similar estimates when they are looking at the same numbers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:52 pm

Ginger123 wrote:...nor me! :(
And Brizz?

Wha? That's just wrong...

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:12 pm

No I meant Brizz would alsonot be going to school with me.

I'm going to Davis.

I have officially eaten wayyy to much this week. I feel like a pregnant sloth.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:28 pm

Speaking of pregnant, the pregnant guy on Oprah was actually a transgender chick that identified as a man, cut off her boobs, took testosterone, married a woman, etc. - but kept her vagina so she could have kids. Definitely interesting, but not that crazy to me - I mean, if you have the hardware, you can have kids. Why is this so intriguing that it's a big deal and has to go on Oprah? I was hoping for some freak thing where an actual guy found out he had fallopian tubes and impregnated himself or something... oh well. I'm still young. Could happen.

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:55 pm

OMG, I dunno if you guys on the west coast saw this on the news, but the keyboardist at my church was going through a bad marriage (apparently the hubby had issues and got multiple dui's) and had gotten custody away from the dad to protect her kids.

A few days ago the dad took the kids, went to a hotel and drowned all three kids. Ages 2, 4, and 6. And then botched his own suicide!

Gosh, I am in so much shock. Who would do such a thing???

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:13 pm

Wow, that is horrendous. She must be devastated. So he's alive? Wonder who's going to represent his ass. Ugh god. That is just plain awful and shocking. Uggh.

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:35 pm

I'M AT THE ELECTRONIC DEPOSIT SITE AND I'M FREAKED OUT!!!

PugPug

New

Post by PugPug » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:51 pm

Hey be happy that at least you have made a decision.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:56 pm

What's your top choice again Pugpug? USC?

Did you do it Ginger?? I sort of thought it was anti-climactic. Then again I've known I'm going to Davis for a while now so maybe that's why.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:40 pm

Was about to when my internet died. Good thing I have a blackberry. :)

Sigh.

PugPug

New

Post by PugPug » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:19 pm

tmo wrote:What's your top choice again Pugpug? USC?

Did you do it Ginger?? I sort of thought it was anti-climactic. Then again I've known I'm going to Davis for a while now so maybe that's why.
Yup, my number one is USC. I'm starting to get delusional. I started to say my top is pugpug hahaha!!! Dear USC Gods, please let pugpug in!!! :)

*Also, USC would solve all of my problems! :)

ThatNoahGuy

New

Post by ThatNoahGuy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:21 am

Well, I've been lurking for a month or so, but I just wanted to drop in and say hi! Davis is my #1 choice.....a long shot, but my # 1 choice nonetheless. Everyone in this thread seems very cool, just making my desire to get into Davis that much more intense. :) Good luck on your cycle everyone and hopefully we'll all be seeing each other in Cali!

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:58 am

Noah give us some more info about yourself. Is Davis your first choice for a reason?

Welcome!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:05 am

Welcome! And what is going on in that picture? I'm at the 25th for both GPA and LSAT, so it's a long shot for me as well. I live here and am a big fan of the area.

Good luck! Are you at least under eval yet? I, alas, am not...

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:13 am

Azzzzz...

What's the weather like there today? Also, do you know where Renaissance Park and Lakeshore Apartments are? Are they close to school?

What's growing in the garden?

ThatNoahGuy

New

Post by ThatNoahGuy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:25 am

Thanks for the welcome, Ginger & Az!

Well, Davis is my #1 because of the locale, all the great things I've heard about the town, and the reputation of the school. I really want to end up in California or the Pacific northwest. The fact that Davis is so close to SF and napa is fantastic. It seems like there are some other foodies on this board that definitely have appreciation for what the area offers. My brother actually just got accepted into Davis's General Surgery year program, so being by him would be cool as well. I'm at the 25's as well, Az. But my GPA was killed from my grades back in 99 and 2000.....my GPA since 2005 is a 3.73, so I hope between that, my statement, and my LORs they give a guy that's been trying a shot!

I'm under eval, been there for about 2 weeks. Sometimes i wish they didn't have a status checker....it's created quite the nervous tic for me any time i'm at my laptop! 9 pm eastern creates this pavlovian response which results in me looking for the nearest wireless hotspot.

Ahhh....and that picture is from possibly my favorite spot east of the mississippi. A place outside of Brunswick, GA called "Hostel in the Forest". I'd say more, but if I were to start, I'd go on forever. Go to http://www.foresthostel.com to check it out. Basically it's a self-sustaining hostel in the middle of a forest created in the 70's by, believe or not, an attorney! Some of the coolest sleeping arrangements EVER. My "cabin" was basically a deck elevated about 10 feet in the middle of the forest with a roof, no walls (just screened in), and a bed. The place is unreal.

OK, done with my longwindedness...

So are you going to Davis for sure Ginger. Congrats if your decision is made! Az....should we join a status checkers anonymous group or something?

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:29 am

whoa, ive lived in georgia for 22 years & have never known about that

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ThatNoahGuy

New

Post by ThatNoahGuy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:34 am

It's fantastic gtg....I'd highly recommend it if you're around that area anytime. A friend of mine I was visiting in Savannah suggested it. I loved Savannah, but I wouldn't have minded if we had stayed at the hostel for the whole trip, either. A lot of interesting characters roll through that place.

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:42 am

i just put down a deposit, went thru a convoluted process to get my login id, but my finaid package is not ready for viewing :x

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Welcome Noah! Good luck with Davis!!

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:11 pm

gtg263r wrote:i just put down a deposit, went thru a convoluted process to get my login id, but my finaid package is not ready for viewing :x
Yeah the impression I got was that nothing would be available until the 16th.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”