Yale c/o 2017 Wait List Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Long Will You Fight the Good Fight?

Withdrawing
10%
June
4%
July
4%
Early August
17%
The Bitter End
65%

Total votes: 48

clio1174

New

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Wait List

Post by clio1174 » Thu May 01, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi everyone. I am a "non-traditional" (read: old) applicant, which means I had no idea this forum existed until yesterday (and no, I've never used SnapChat. Don't mock me- I already mock myself). Sending in a fourth LOR and a LOCI tomorrow. Got in by the grace of God (i.e. strong application, near-perfect grades, and rapturous letters) since my LSAT score was laughably low. Yale was willing to let me on the WL because it has a soft spot for cerebral special snowflakes like myself, but my low score meant my options right now are...limited. Which is to say: bad. Trying to restrain myself from sending a fruit basket to the admissions office.

Solidarity!

FuriousDuck

Silver

Post by FuriousDuck » Thu May 01, 2014 5:52 pm

Last edited by FuriousDuck on Tue May 06, 2014 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

wealtheow

Silver

Post by wealtheow » Thu May 01, 2014 8:08 pm

FuriousDuck wrote:I actually hadn't gotten a confirmation for my waitlist form, so I called the admissions office and found out that their e-mail never came through somehow.
well! dnptan, guess that means you may have good reason to call now!

New

Post by 92653 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:38 am

I sent in my form via email a long time ago, but never got a confirmation. I'm not calling, though, because I figure I should get over myself and if they really want me, they'll let me know. If not, well...

Besides, my friend says there are still 230+ people in the facebook group. If Yale does what Stanford did and kicks people off the group who didn't deposit by the deadline -- in Yale's case, 5/2 (Stanford's was 5/1) -- the group should be a good indicator of whether or not they'll use the waitlist. I don't feel too optimistic, though it does look like SLS will be using theirs (they're down to 172 for a class of 180).

lewisandclark

New

Post by lewisandclark » Fri May 02, 2014 3:59 am

92653 wrote:Besides, my friend says there are still 230+ people in the facebook group. If Yale does what Stanford did and kicks people off the group who didn't deposit by the deadline -- in Yale's case, 5/2 (Stanford's was 5/1) -- the group should be a good indicator of whether or not they'll use the waitlist. I don't feel too optimistic, though it does look like SLS will be using theirs (they're down to 172 for a class of 180).
YLS admissions staff posted on the Facebook page that they won't kick anyone out of the class for not depositing on time until they make every effort to track them down and make sure they really don't want to attend.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wealtheow

Silver

Post by wealtheow » Fri May 02, 2014 8:35 am

lewisandclark wrote:
92653 wrote:Besides, my friend says there are still 230+ people in the facebook group. If Yale does what Stanford did and kicks people off the group who didn't deposit by the deadline -- in Yale's case, 5/2 (Stanford's was 5/1) -- the group should be a good indicator of whether or not they'll use the waitlist. I don't feel too optimistic, though it does look like SLS will be using theirs (they're down to 172 for a class of 180).
YLS admissions staff posted on the Facebook page that they won't kick anyone out of the class for not depositing on time until they make every effort to track them down and make sure they really don't want to attend.
drat.

just kidding. that's very nice of them. wonder why stanford is so draconian about it.

FuriousDuck

Silver

Post by FuriousDuck » Fri May 02, 2014 11:15 am

Last edited by FuriousDuck on Tue May 13, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

AJS915

New

Post by AJS915 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:45 pm

So, I've accepted the Furman Academic scholarship at NYU, and withdrawn from HLS (one of the hardest decisions ever, incidentally, though most people 'in the know' seem to think it was the obvious call. Except for 100% of HLS alumni or students who I spoke to about it, surprise surprise, of whom 95% thought the obvious call was the opposite).

While it'll make me look flaky cause I wrote on the waitlist form that I'd ride it out til the last day of August, lol, I'm gonna pull out and make room for you guys. Good luck!

wealtheow

Silver

Post by wealtheow » Fri May 02, 2014 2:46 pm

AJS915 wrote:So, I've accepted the Furman Academic scholarship at NYU, and withdrawn from HLS (one of the hardest decisions ever, incidentally, though most people 'in the know' seem to think it was the obvious call. Except for 100% of HLS alumni or students who I spoke to about it, surprise surprise, of whom 95% thought the obvious call was the opposite).

While it'll make me look flaky cause I wrote on the waitlist form that I'd ride it out til the last day of August, lol, I'm gonna pull out and make room for you guys. Good luck!
THANK YOU and congrats again! =)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bbkk

Silver

Post by bbkk » Fri May 02, 2014 2:59 pm

wealtheow wrote:
AJS915 wrote:So, I've accepted the Furman Academic scholarship at NYU, and withdrawn from HLS (one of the hardest decisions ever, incidentally, though most people 'in the know' seem to think it was the obvious call. Except for 100% of HLS alumni or students who I spoke to about it, surprise surprise, of whom 95% thought the obvious call was the opposite).

THANK YOU and congrats again! =)
+1 :D :D

clio1174

New

Post by clio1174 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:15 pm

Congratulations on the Furman! An amazing honor and a terrific deal. My friend who is an NYU alum (and now a fancy lawyer for the ACLU) says their academic program is terrific.

djfududeman

New

Post by djfududeman » Sun May 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Assuming that at least one person gets in off of the waitlist, what day do you guys think they'll start pulling us on? The 10th?

wealtheow

Silver

Post by wealtheow » Mon May 05, 2014 8:26 am

djfududeman wrote:Assuming that at least one person gets in off of the waitlist, what day do you guys think they'll start pulling us on? The 10th?
actually wouldn't be too surprised if we saw some action this week.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

andapieceoftoast

Bronze

Post by andapieceoftoast » Mon May 05, 2014 9:50 am

I would love to be one of the few, the proud, the owners of a Yale snuggie.

dnptan

Bronze

Post by dnptan » Mon May 05, 2014 1:41 pm

wealtheow wrote:
FuriousDuck wrote:I actually hadn't gotten a confirmation for my waitlist form, so I called the admissions office and found out that their e-mail never came through somehow.
Update: Called YLS and apparently they received my WL response but had me as "withdrawn". Needless to say I'm glad I called - everything is fixed now. If you haven't received a confirmation yet, you best call the admissions office!

bbkk

Silver

Post by bbkk » Mon May 05, 2014 3:20 pm

Do you guys know if they are going to call or email the person that gets off the WL?

LSATneurotic

Silver

Post by LSATneurotic » Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

bbkk wrote:Do you guys know if they are going to call or email the person that gets off the WL?
Not sure, but hopefully it is people as opposed to a single "person."

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bbkk

Silver

Post by bbkk » Mon May 05, 2014 4:10 pm

LSATneurotic wrote:
bbkk wrote:Do you guys know if they are going to call or email the person that gets off the WL?
Not sure, but hopefully it is people as opposed to a single "person."
Opps, lol. I'm sure it'll be more than one lucky person. :wink:

djfududeman

New

Post by djfududeman » Mon May 05, 2014 4:15 pm

I think it's usually a call, since the office is "less busy" than they were earlier in the season.

wealtheow

Silver

Post by wealtheow » Mon May 05, 2014 6:54 pm

dnptan wrote:
wealtheow wrote:
Update: Called YLS and apparently they received my WL response but had me as "withdrawn". Needless to say I'm glad I called - everything is fixed now. If you haven't received a confirmation yet, you best call the admissions office!
ack! i'm glad you called too! sorry for my terrible overly cautious advice earlier

dnptan

Bronze

Post by dnptan » Tue May 06, 2014 10:02 am

wealtheow wrote:
dnptan wrote:
wealtheow wrote:
ack! i'm glad you called too! sorry for my terrible overly cautious advice earlier
No worries :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Wed May 07, 2014 11:06 am

djfududeman wrote:
I think it's usually a call, since the office is "less busy" than they were earlier in the season.
Yeah. The waitlist confirmation says "We will call you in the event you are offered admission."

bbkk

Silver

Post by bbkk » Wed May 07, 2014 11:21 am

wtrc wrote:
djfududeman wrote:
Yeah. The waitlist confirmation says "We will call you in the event you are offered admission."
Ugh i'll be out of the country for the next 2 weeks... hope i won't miss any calls :|

wealtheow

Silver

Post by wealtheow » Wed May 07, 2014 12:17 pm

bbkk wrote:
wtrc wrote:
djfududeman wrote:
Ugh i'll be out of the country for the next 2 weeks... hope i won't miss any calls :|
will you have access to e-mail at all during that period? i'm pretty sure they'd e-mail if they couldn't get in touch w/ someone! after all, they want to fill these spots really quickly.

bbkk

Silver

Post by bbkk » Wed May 07, 2014 12:34 pm

wealtheow wrote: will you have access to e-mail at all during that period? i'm pretty sure they'd e-mail if they couldn't get in touch w/ someone! after all, they want to fill these spots really quickly.
Yeah i do. But they say that they need a response within 24-72 hours; seems pretty rushed. I feel that if they don't get in touch with someone they'll just skip it and go to the next candidate..

(also, lol @ me worrying about missing a call..)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”