Wait-listed and asked to discuss application

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
desichhori

New

Wait-listed and asked to discuss application

Postby desichhori » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:03 pm

Was any wait-listed applicant asked to discuss his/her application over the phone? Is this some sort of an interview? If so, how should I prepare for it? I've gone through this thread and picked up some points. Is there something different I need to do as a wait-listed candidate?

PattyCake

Bronze

Re: Wait-listed and asked to discuss application

Postby PattyCake » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:11 pm

desichhori wrote:Was any wait-listed applicant asked to discuss his/her application over the phone? Is this some sort of an interview? If so, how should I prepare for it? I've gone through this thread and picked up some points. Is there something different I need to do as a wait-listed candidate?

Are your numbers right for a WL spot or are you above 75th? If you were waitlisted for YP then they might want to get a feel for how much you want to go there before they admit you. Never heard of that before, though... was there possibly a problem with your C&F disclosures?

keviiiiiiiiiiiin

New

Re: Wait-listed and asked to discuss application

Postby keviiiiiiiiiiiin » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:21 am

desichhori wrote:Was any wait-listed applicant asked to discuss his/her application over the phone? Is this some sort of an interview? If so, how should I prepare for it? I've gone through this thread and picked up some points. Is there something different I need to do as a wait-listed candidate?

Yes, multiple times. It's usually just to check if you are actually interested in the school.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?