When to send LOCI

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mermaidprincess92

New

When to send LOCI

Postby mermaidprincess92 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:30 pm

I am still waiting on my top two choices and my application status with both has been "complete" for over two months now. My lsat and GPA for both are between 25-50% so would it be a good idea to send a LOCI even though I have not been waitlisted as of yet?

rigoding

Bronze

Re: When to send LOCI

Postby rigoding » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:46 pm

I've been waiting three months at my top choice, and I'm thinking of doing the same thing. From what I've read, it seems like a good move if you have something substantive to add on your application (new grades, new job, etc.).

PattyCake

Bronze

Re: When to send LOCI

Postby PattyCake » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:41 pm

rigoding wrote:I've been waiting three months at my top choice, and I'm thinking of doing the same thing. From what I've read, it seems like a good move if you have something substantive to add on your application (new grades, new job, etc.).

I just sent L'sOCI today to all the schools I haven't had a decision from, but I had an updated lsat score to send in addition to some other less vital updates. If you have any updates I'd say it's a good move, especially if you've been waiting since November or earlier and want them to know you're waiting to hear from them before making a decision - just don't be pushy, obviously. I lucked out and got a nice reply from one school with some info about when I might expect a decision, so it was definitely a good move in my case.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists�